Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Please feed the muse! (She accepts Cadbury Crème Eggs as well as feedback.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm so glad the meeting between Jor-El and Kents went off without a hitch. Although, they spent so much talking (hearing all of Jor-El's and Clark's tales) before dinner, I was beginning to wonder if the roast would end up a piece of charcoal.

I find it interesting that whether or not Jor-El will stay on Earth is on everyone's mind. The thought that he would leave, *could* leave didn't even cross my mind. He's crash landed on this planet. He doesn't know how to contact the other ship(s). His only family (his son) is here. Sure, Trash and Lana were horrible, but HOW would he leave? Asking Clark to help him build and ship so that they both could leave makes perfect sense though.

I hope Jor-El is able to find peace on Earth, if only for Clark's sake.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Virginia! wave

Of course the Kents took right to Jor. They are lovely that way. smile The roast was never in danger with Clark's super sniffer. wink (And they gave the abridged versions of their stories.)

I think everyone is well aware that Jor could build another ship. He is, after all, a scientist who helped B39 get all sorts of technology. (I nearly wrote in how "in a few years, you'll be able to carry an entire library of music in your pocket.") So, if he found the proper materials/stole back his and got the right type of fuel, he could easily leave.

(Totally caught were you called Trask Trash. Love it!)

Yes, Clark is on Earth, but looking death in the eye for 30 years...it could push him over the edge.

Thanks for sticking with this one!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
lol A total typo. Freudian Typo perhaps?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
lol A total typo. Freudian Typo perhaps?

Ha! Either way, it works for me! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
'Trash'...Ha! That is great rotflol....

What a fantastic chapter smile. I am so glad that everyone has had time to talk. First Clark and Jor-El together alone. Then everyone, together, in Smallville. And even Lois and Clark out by the tree house. You have a really nice way with dialogue, DC, and it really felt as though things were being worked through.

Martha and Jonathan clap grin hyper. Love them. They are just totally the best. I was always really close to my parents growing up (and still am to this day), and how Clark relates to them, trusts and loves them, has always been so familiar and comforting. It's so great to see that type of relationship really celebrated.

Even though I knew that Clark would stay on Earth--that he'd never leave his parents and Lois--it was still really great to see his loyalty to 'here' on full display.

Jor-El...boy, for Clark I hope he sticks around. To create a connection, after not even realizing there could be a connection to create? How amazing. To loose that would be hard. But...I do think that Jor-El needs to do what's best for him, also. He's spent so much of his life living without any control...

Looking forward to more! hyper
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Laura! wave

Glad you liked the chapter. I actually loved crafting the scenes in this chapter and the last one, where Clark kind of gets to chat one on one with Lois, then his father, then Lois again. I had really strong images of these conversations very early on. (I actually wrote the bulk of this story as random scene snippets that I eventually stitched together - I had about 80 pages of these "story scraps!")

I loved that L&C gave us both Kent parents alive. I think it really adds to the dynamic, and Clark really does need to lean on both of them. (Another reason why L&C is my favorite Superman story, amongst the 100 others.)

I promise that you'll have an answer to whether or not Jor-El stays on Earth by the end of the story. Nothing ambiguous about it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard