Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My muse will love you forever if you leave her feedback. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yay! I love The People vs. Lois Lane & Dead Lois Walking, so seeing a fic based on them is great. grin

I really enjoyed reading this and now I kidna want to go watch those episodes. goofy

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Yay! I love The People vs. Lois Lane & Dead Lois Walking, so seeing a fic based on them is great. grin

I really enjoyed reading this and now I kidna want to go watch those episodes. goofy

Thanks for reading! Glad you liked it. I never liked those two eps as a kid, but as an adult, I can appreciate them a lot more. Poor Lois and Clark get put through the ringer (so much so that Clark commits a felony in breaking Lois out of jail!) in those two eps. It's heart-wrenching.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Season 4...I really have to re-watch those episodes. I honestly barely remember what happened. I did vaguely remember the general plotline, though, as I was reading this story. You certainly created a believable insight into Lois' thoughts about her situation. And congrats on completing your alphabet challenge. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Season 4...I really have to re-watch those episodes. I honestly barely remember what happened. I did vaguely remember the general plotline, though, as I was reading this story. You certainly created a believable insight into Lois' thoughts about her situation. And congrats on completing your alphabet challenge. smile

Thanks, Groobie! Glad you enjoyed it, even if they aren't the greatest of episodes. (I still hate how L&C are immediately torn apart after the grueling trek to the marriage altar.)

Thanks again on the congrats too! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WOW! I loved this episode! Lois and Clark's marriage was still so new and yet Jefferson Cole is determined to destroy their happiness - even at the cost of Lois' life.

The world needs him. It doesn't need me. As much as I hate to say it, the world doesn't need Lois Kent the way it needs Superman. He helps more people in a single day as Superman than I ever could in my life.

Thanks for calling her Lois Kent. After all, she is married to the man!

Just thinking about my life slipping away on death row, or strapped to a chair awaiting a lethal combination of chemicals to be injected into my veins, or -at best - living caged like an animal terrifies me. I don't know which is worse. Living day after day knowing that my life is wasting away in a situation that will never, ever get better? Or knowing that every beat of my heart might be the last, knowing my husband is looking on, wanting to rage against the world?

If I die, I'm scared it might change Clark.

Lois is right, that is a very real fear!

Thank you for giving us a glimpse into her thoughts as she waits for an escape from a terrible fate.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Morgana!

Yes, the whole "the world is pulling apart newlyweds" never sat well with me, but I do like that it's a completely different kind of peril for our heroes.

Of course she's Lois Kent. She's only Lois Lane when she writes. wink

Glad you enjoyed this bleak little story! Thanks for reading. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great job, DC clap...

I haven't thought about these two episodes in a long time. And it's been quite awhile since I've seen them...

But, based on the fourth season, these two were always--IMO--a couple of the better episodes. Like you mentioned DC, I could appreciate that the peril was different...that the 'law' was separating them. And I (kinda...a little whistle ) liked the angst of trying to figure out how to get them back together (even though, argh!!!, they had just finally gotten together wink ).

I think you really captured how Lois would feel. And the irony--fighting for justice with her husband for others, to being trapped, fighting for justice for herself.

Love your work smile. Wonderful!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 03/08/16 02:09 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Great job, DC clap...

I haven't thought about these two episodes in a long time. And it's been quite awhile since I've seen them...

But, based on the fourth season, these two were always--IMO--a couple of the better episodes. Like you mentioned DC, I could appreciate that the peril was different...that the 'law' was separating them. And I (kinda...a little whistle ) liked the angst of trying to figure out how to get them back together (even though, argh!!!, they had just finally gotten together wink ).

I think you really captured how Lois would feel. And the irony--fighting for justice with her husband for others, to being trapped, fighting for justice for herself.

Love your work smile. Wonderful!
Laura

Thank you!

Considering the last 6 eps of the season...you may be right that they were some of the better ones. (I actually really like the "John Doe" eps myself.) But, like you said, it's interesting to see them trying to fight the law instead of helping the law for a change...especially seeing Clark go in and break Lois out of jail as Superman.

Thanks for reading and I'm glad you liked it! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Totally agree--MJD and LAC's are two of my fourth season favorites, also.

Tempus, gotta love Tempus jump...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Totally agree--MJD and LAC's are two of my fourth season favorites, also.

Tempus, gotta love Tempus jump...
Laura

Absolutely! He's my favorite villain!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wonderfully done! I'm in the apparent minority who actually liked the fourth season, but I have always loved these two episodes and have rarely found any fanfiction about them, so when I realized where this was set, I got very excited!

I really love how Lois's overriding concerns, in betweent he fears for her own future and reputation and self-loathing (which are all very valid!), are all about Clark. It was heartbreaking when she thought on how he didn't deserve to only fight for her and see her between glass, or to watch her die (as if he could!), but the real kick-to-the-gut was when she wondered if he'd still be as devoted to truth and justice if they stole the woman he loved from him! That was incredibly thought-provoking, and inspires all kinds of dark thoughts about alternate worlds with cynical, world-weary Supermen!

I could really feel the stress and despair of Lois here -- very emotional!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by AntiKryptonite
Wonderfully done! I'm in the apparent minority who actually liked the fourth season, but I have always loved these two episodes and have rarely found any fanfiction about them, so when I realized where this was set, I got very excited!

I really love how Lois's overriding concerns, in betweent he fears for her own future and reputation and self-loathing (which are all very valid!), are all about Clark. It was heartbreaking when she thought on how he didn't deserve to only fight for her and see her between glass, or to watch her die (as if he could!), but the real kick-to-the-gut was when she wondered if he'd still be as devoted to truth and justice if they stole the woman he loved from him! That was incredibly thought-provoking, and inspires all kinds of dark thoughts about alternate worlds with cynical, world-weary Supermen!

I could really feel the stress and despair of Lois here -- very emotional!

Hi, AntiK!

I liked some of the fourth season. Eps like Soulmates and the Tempus eps were fun. And, of course, the second half of the NK arc - absolute favorites! Not to mention that L&C finally tied the knot, even if the Touched By An Angel flair was weird.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked the story! It was a lot harder than I'd imagined, getting into Lois' mindset. I really thought it would be a fast write, but it took days of hard thought about where her thoughts would go, without just repeating how hopeless and trapped she was feeling. wink It finally clicked once I realized that, as much as it was about her, it was about Clark too.

I like the way you think. It *would* be interesting to explore a world in which Lois *did* die as a result of the justice system failing her. How would Clark react? I don't think he'd cease being Superman, but I can't imagine him playing well with the justice system anymore. (Not saying he'd kill criminals, but maybe being slightly more of a vigilante, like Batman.) Especially if that Clark's parents were both dead - I could see him "killing" Clark and becoming Superman full time. (No reason left for him to *be* Clark.)

Thanks for stopping in!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey DC! Another great one. You really captured Lois' thoughts well in this one. Makes you wonder what would have happened if L&C had been on the run longer than a few days, huh? Would Superman have disappeared? Would CK?

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Hey DC! Another great one. You really captured Lois' thoughts well in this one. Makes you wonder what would have happened if L&C had been on the run longer than a few days, huh? Would Superman have disappeared? Would CK?

Thanks, Folc! I can't imagine hoe hard that would have been for them. I can't see Clark willingly leaving her side to tend to things as either Superman or Clark. I think both would have fallen off the map while they cleared Lois' name.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard