Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Special bonus leap year posting! Enjoy!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the bonus post!

I knew Clark going back to B39's hideout was a bad idea. Everytime I think Trask can't do anything worse, he does. *shakes head at myself* Is this Kryptonite blade what he was planning on cutting Clark open with?

I see you decided to go with him healing himself quickly this time. Is that because he's lying out in the bright sunlight and he can absorb the sun's rays more quickly? (As opposed to being underground?)

I can understand what an awkward position Lois was in staying the night with her boyfriend, whom she had just found out was Superman, along with his birth father. They didn't have enough privacy to have a conversation about their relationship and she felt as if she was intruding into his relationship with his father. If I were her, I wouldn't have slept well either.

Joe-El is beginning to get paranoid. Yes, Trask and the others who captured him were bad guys, but did he think Kal-El would reject all humans (including those who raised him and the woman he fell in love with) just because of the bad seeds who had treated Jor-El badly?

I hope Clark runs the idea of bringing Jor-El out to Kansas past the Kents before doing so. It would be quite the rude awakening for Clark to just drop in and say "Hey, Mom and Dad, guess what? I found my birth father! Here he is! He's kind of grumpy because the government has been holding him captive for almost 30 years. Well, I've got to go. No rest for Superman!"

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Lots of drama in these last two parts! I feel for Jor-El - can you imagine being in captivity for 30 years and then suddenly being free? How would he even begin to process the myriad of emotions that must be swirling through his brain? Yeah, I get why Clark went back to Trask, but it really wasn't a smart move without knowing he had backup! He's very lucky Henderson showed up in time. Thanks for the double post. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Virginia! smile

It's entirely possible that Trask would have used the K-blade on Clark, if the need arose (or just for his sick pleasure - I wouldn't put it past him, really).

As for the healing - as far as I understood it on the show, no sun means no powers regeneration. (Why the Press bros were going to attack him in the missile silo or whatever where it was dark.) So he wouldn't regen whilst in B39's compound, but once out in the sunlight (full, strong sunlight) he would regen fairly quickly.

Lois really isn't in the most comfortable place, is she? But I think she's dealing with it fairly well. But yeah, my mind wouldn't allow me much sleep in her position either.

I don't blame Jor-El's paranoia/knee-jerk reactions. I don't think I'd be willing to trust people either, even if they did do well by my kid. But yeah, to ask Clark to turn his back on all humanity is a little over the top. Which is exactly why Clark is terrified that Jor-El might not even stay on Earth.

Dying over the Kent meeting you laid out! laugh

Glad you liked the bonus posting!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Lots of drama in these last two parts! I feel for Jor-El - can you imagine being in captivity for 30 years and then suddenly being free? How would he even begin to process the myriad of emotions that must be swirling through his brain? Yeah, I get why Clark went back to Trask, but it really wasn't a smart move without knowing he had backup! He's very lucky Henderson showed up in time. Thanks for the double post. smile

Clark is one lucky guy. Of course he went without backup - he wants to protect everyone. Which stupidly puts his own life in danger. Gotta love the lunkhead.

Jor-El definitely has some issues to work through, if he even stays on Earth. Can you imagine Clark losing his birth father twice in his life? frown

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Boy, I had the understatement of the century when I said that I thought 'Clark would be safe' when he went back to B-39 jawdrop mecry wildguy. Kryptonite knife? evil. Eek!

Wow--thank goodness for great timing. And a wonderfully placed Detective Henderson (cool detail notworthy).

I really enjoyed all of the conversation between Lois and Clark. They needed it. So so so much has happened to them--all while in front of a lot of other people, which effects every aspect of their partnership (as a couple, as friends, as co-workers). Having so much of Clark's past change around him, I can totally understand why he'd want to talk to Lois, find out 'where' they stand. He desperately needs a constant right now in his life as he puts things back together.

The trip to Kansas sounds like a fantastic idea. I think it will benefit everyone involved--with a lot of forewarning prior wink.

Great part, DC!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Boy, I had the understatement of the century when I said that I thought 'Clark would be safe' when he went back to B-39 jawdrop mecry wildguy. Kryptonite knife? evil. Eek!

Wow--thank goodness for great timing. And a wonderfully placed Detective Henderson (cool detail notworthy).

I really enjoyed all of the conversation between Lois and Clark. They needed it. So so so much has happened to them--all while in front of a lot of other people, which effects every aspect of their partnership (as a couple, as friends, as co-workers). Having so much of Clark's past change around him, I can totally understand why he'd want to talk to Lois, find out 'where' they stand. He desperately needs a constant right now in his life as he puts things back together.

The trip to Kansas sounds like a fantastic idea. I think it will benefit everyone involved--with a lot of forewarning prior wink.

Great part, DC!
Laura

rotflol

Unfortunately, this Trask is paranoid enough to have thought about pretty much everything.

Glad you liked the Henderson thing. It was sort of an eleventh hour throw in, but I liked the feel it gave the scene.

I loved writing the stuff between Lois and Clark (and there's more to come) and Clark and Jor-El (still to come). As hard as it probably should have been to write, it just felt very natural and was relatively easy to write. They've been through a lot, and they seriously need this downtime to reconnect and figure out where they are in their relationship. Especially given everything Clark's been hiding.

One trip to Kansas...possibly coming up.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ouch! Green-K sword on Supergirl the other night! What next? A javelin? Seriously, this was an excellent part!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Ouch! Green-K sword on Supergirl the other night! What next? A javelin? Seriously, this was an excellent part!

Ha! I've only seen the first two or three Supergirls. The rest is on my DVR, but I'm not even sure I'll watch them. I can't get into the whole Agents ofor Supergirl's X-Files thing.

Glad you liked the chapter!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You should give Supergirl a try. With each episode it gets better.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
You should give Supergirl a try. With each episode it gets better.

I plan to go back...eventually.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard