Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
M
Hi all. I love that there is a forum like this. It is like I found my people. smile

I think that a Kickstarter project could actually work. Teri and Dean are both down for it. Comic book tv shows are huge right now. A new Superman movie is on its way.

I was thinking that the show could be about Lois & Clark teaching their children how to be the "next generation" of super heroes (or something similar).

I would totally spearhead the project if y'all think there would be enough support from fans.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi MyLittleTornado,

Welcome the the message boards.

I don't know whether enough money could be raised, but if you don't try, it definitely won't be.

FWIW, if you do start a KickStarter campaign, I would chip in. Money is a bit tight for me (I've a son with autism, and there's an endless amount of therapies that insurance either won't pay for or will only partially pay for), so my contribution would be more symbolic than really useful, but I imagine that Warner Bros and DC Comics would be looking not only at amount raised but also number of backers.

If such a show would actually come to pass, there would be a lot of happy FoLCs ("Fans of Lois & Clark") here.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., My thought processes are really slow now; my son and I became sick this weekend, and we are both still not feeling well. I seem to have a combination of his virus and the start of a sinus infection. Today between us, we saw two doctors, a pharmacist, and some lab technicians for a phlebotomy. Loads of fun. (NOT!)

Anyway...Have you determined how much money would need to be raised? If so, how did you arrive at that number? How recently have Teri and Dean indicated that they would be willing to participate in such a project?

I would guess that if you were to post a KickStarter campaign, you would need to have answers to these questions, along with whether any of the other living actors would also be game. (Wouldn't it be fantastic to see Jonathan and Martha help guide the next generation?) Also, of course, you would need to get some sort of preliminary clearance from Warner Bros and DC Comics. I would guess that without such preliminary clearance, you might have a lawsuit on your hands...

M
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
M
Hi Lynn (and everyone else),

Check this out...it was published today:
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/l...urce=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

There is a twitter feed started by tvseriesfinale.com asking who would watch a reunion. Let's all vote yes and maybe the complicated prep work for Kickstrated could be taken care of for us!!

Kerth
Kerth
I wonder if we'll ever see L&C in the Supergirl show. It's a pity that Dean played her adoptive father, means they probably can't have him as Superman too.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
I'd be very happy if this got made, what's theplan a one off tv movie or a series? Would dead actors be recast?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Suggs_With_A_Box
I'd be very happy if this got made, what's theplan a one off tv movie or a series? Would dead actors be recast?

Personally speaking, I would hope not. I'd prefer to see someone like Jimmy as the new editor of the Planet. Maybe a pic of Perry in his office as a tribute/nod of the head. (Just as an example, of course.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Am I the only one here to think that Dean & Teri are a little outgrown for their respective roles?

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
Am I the only one here to think that Dean & Teri are a little outgrown for their respective roles?

They probably are, but so what? Picture it. America, 2016. A good series finale for Lois & Clark airs. The fans are happy. People outside the fandom actually admit they watched the show in the past. Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher finally admit that they've been having an affair since 1993. Everyone wins. Especially when they replace whatshername in the movies with TH, one of the only three actresses ever that I've enjoyed watching in the role.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Suggs_With_A_Box
They probably are, but so what? Picture it. America, 2016. A good series finale for Lois & Clark airs. The fans are happy. People outside the fandom actually admit they watched the show in the past. Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher finally admit that they've been having an affair since 1993. Everyone wins. Especially when they replace whatshername in the movies with TH, one of the only three actresses ever that I've enjoyed watching in the role.

Um, ok, I might be interested then... But only if you promise me that the night of the premiere you'll be on the red carpet dressed up as a unicorn launching rainbow confetti on Dean and Tori while screaming: "Love is love!" grin

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Um, ok, I might be interested then... But only if you promise me that the night of the premiere you'll be on the red carpet dressed up as a unicorn launching rainbow confetti on Dean and Tori while screaming: "Love is love!" grin

No. But I will promise that I'll get my brother to do that....

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 02/06/16 01:34 AM.
Top Banana
Top Banana

Well Dean HAS put on a bit of weight during the past 25 years but Teri is a CrossFit fanatic and ran last year's NYC Marathon so she is still at her fighting weight. Now they both have aged and don't look like they are in the twenties any longer (Teri just turned 51 in Dec and Dean will turn 50 this July) that will come into play.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Mike M
Now they both have aged and don't look like they are in the twenties any longer (Teri just turned 51 in Dec and Dean will turn 50 this July) that will come into play.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe it's just me, but the idea of a middle-aged super hero (and partner) gives a bit of melancholic aura to this reunion project ... Which is way different from the bubbly vibe of the original series we've learned to love smile

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard