Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#269048 02/18/16 02:57 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just a little thought that popped into my head about two weeks ago. Glad I finally carved out some time to write it in the last couple of nights. Hope you like it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
I always enjoy stories from the perspective of minor characters from the show. smile This story is unique, which I appreciate! I think you really captured both of their thoughts and emotions in a way that could be reasonably inferred from the show itself. Good job! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I do like it! Seeing the New Krypton arch from their perspective is an eye opener. Zara and Ching are as deeply devoted to each other and their duties as Lois and Clark are to each other and writing stories about injustice.

Zara's determination to be their for her people is very admirable, to do that while dealing with the pressure of outmoded traditions is even more so. Kudos to her!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very, very good, DC clap!

I've (probably never blush ) really given Zara and Ching much thought. I appreciated them as characters, but never went 'deeper' than that. Never thought what the NK Arch would have been like for them. How pulled apart from each other they constantly felt. What it would have been like to love each other when there was no chance to ever be in love. My mind (and my VCR remote, when young) would constantly pull me to sweet kisses--reunited on Lois' apartment front steps, while 'working' together in Smallville in a baseball hate, while-on-the-balcony (!) hail love hail.

Anyway....

I always really appreciate your writing because you make me think. You do a fantastic job of going places with your pieces that I have never thought to go. Zara and Ching--really, it is quite the story of forbidden love, isn't it? Next time I watch those eps I'll definitely be watching for their story to unfold...

Awesome job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Wow. Just... Wow. Another incredibly powerful piece, DC.
I really admire your ability to draw so much out of minor characters. This was a wonderful backstory to Zara and Ching's relationship; you could really feel their pain.

In awe, as always.
Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
I always enjoy stories from the perspective of minor characters from the show. smile This story is unique, which I appreciate! I think you really captured both of their thoughts and emotions in a way that could be reasonably inferred from the show itself. Good job! thumbsup

Thanks, Groobie! I've always liked Zara and Ching in particular. Their story has always intrigued me, because I think their love sometimes gets overlooked.

Glad you liked it. I had fun writing it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
I do like it! Seeing the New Krypton arch from their perspective is an eye opener. Zara and Ching are as deeply devoted to each other and their duties as Lois and Clark are to each other and writing stories about injustice.

Zara's determination to be their for her people is very admirable, to do that while dealing with the pressure of outmoded traditions is even more so. Kudos to her!

Thank! So glad you liked it. I've always enjoyed watching Zara and Ching because of exactly what you wrote - their devotion to each other and Zara's strength when everything is stacked against her. I have to give her a lot of credit!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA #269062 02/19/16 01:04 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Very, very good, DC clap!

I've (probably never blush ) really given Zara and Ching much thought. I appreciated them as characters, but never went 'deeper' than that. Never thought what the NK Arch would have been like for them. How pulled apart from each other they constantly felt. What it would have been like to love each other when there was no chance to ever be in love. My mind (and my VCR remote, when young) would constantly pull me to sweet kisses--reunited on Lois' apartment front steps, while 'working' together in Smallville in a baseball hate, while-on-the-balcony (!) hail love hail.

Anyway....

I always really appreciate your writing because you make me think. You do a fantastic job of going places with your pieces that I have never thought to go. Zara and Ching--really, it is quite the story of forbidden love, isn't it? Next time I watch those eps I'll definitely be watching for their story to unfold...

Awesome job!
Laura

Hi, Laura!

Oh, wow, thanks for such high praise!

I think it's actually pretty easy to overlook/hate Zara and Ching. After all, their presence means trouble for Lois and Clark, not to mention a fair amount of heartbreak. It can be easy to forget that all four of them are giving up their futures and happiness during the NK arc...at least until Nor is defeated and Clark is no longer married to Zara.

I'm glad you liked the piece. I could never imagine not being able to marry the person I love, and especially not when I'll be around them 24/7 while married to some stranger. Zara is such a strong lady!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Wow. Just... Wow. Another incredibly powerful piece, DC.
I really admire your ability to draw so much out of minor characters. This was a wonderful backstory to Zara and Ching's relationship; you could really feel their pain.

In awe, as always.
Feli

Hi, Feli!

Thank you for the high praise! I like getting the chance to take a peek inside the minds of characters. Especially when I get the chance to examine their emotions. Love that you felt their pain!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard