Print Thread
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

This just kinda popped into my head. It amused me, so I wrote it down smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This really amused me, too!

Can you imagine if while he is in the closest--while Lois is going into frantic-mode in front of Clark--that Perry did stumble onto the Suits? Whoa!!! shock. What-A-Find!

And I did really enjoy Lois' reaction...buy herself some more time, act clueless and go along with Clark's explanation. At this time in the series, there is so much underneath the surface between the two of them. Attraction, longing, comfort--but also a level of trust being built s-l-o-w-l-y wink. They both, at this point, have a lot of loneliness from their past protected around themselves.

My favorite line:

He was never going to ask her to settle down somewhere in the suburbs and have 2.5 children. Clark... Clark just might.

Oh yeah...Clark--definitely will smile.

Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Love this! Perry could have easily stumbled upon the hidden suits. Of course, I'm in Camp Perry Knew All Along. So this is even funnier to me.

I love the line about settling down and having kids. By a great deal of our fics, they have a lot more than 2.5! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He was never going to ask her to settle down somewhere in the suburbs and have 2.5 children. Clark... Clark just might.

Hmmm that line sounds suspiciously familiar. LOL! rotflol

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
I liked this story. thumbsup Cute idea that Perry would find the suits while hiding in the closet, and I totally buy the idea that Lois might hold onto the secret for a while as she processed her feelings about it. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
lol I found this very funny. I love Perry's discomfort in the closet and even with the idea of hiding. I can just imagine what he first thinks upon feeling the spandex. You followed it through. I thought Perry was going to end up leaving the closet not knowing and wondering, staring at Clark trying to figure out exactly what he had discovered about his employee... or heading in a completely wrong direction with his guesses.

Clark's discomfort with Perry and Lois giving him the 3rd degree about Superman's uniforms in his closet -- brilliant! Him wondering if his lies sound like lies or are believable. You absolutely capture that, even without it being from his POV. Lois knowing, finally figuring things out, and yet, trying to keep that she knows from both Perry and Clark. clap Wonderful.

How long will she keep this secret? How will knowing at this juncture change what next happens in S1? Curious readers want to know! [Linked Image] (me nudging your muse in hopes of more golden nuggets)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Well, I'm glad you all found this as amusing as I did smile

Laura- Perry will never know just how close he was to the discovery of the century... lol

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Of course, I'm in Camp Perry Knew All Along
Yup, me too! The 'knowing' conversation in The Ides of Metropolis convinced me that Perry knew- it's just so...pointed.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Hmmm that line sounds suspiciously familiar. LOL!
That bit is one of my favourite moments of the entire first season, and it just fit so well, how could I resist? smile

Groobie- I can just picture her watching him when she thinks he's not looking, adding more evidence to her theory...

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
How long will she keep this secret? How will knowing at this juncture change what next happens in S1? Curious readers want to know!
Don't tempt me into another series! LOL

Thanks very much everyone! Your comments and encouragement are greatly appreciated.
Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Don't tempt me into another series! LOL

Of course you want to do another series! Actually this begs for continuation.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Originally Posted by Mike M
Of course you want to do another series! Actually this begs for continuation.

It might get a sequel at some point, but right now I'm working on something else smile

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
'Something else' ? hyper clap dance. Exciting!

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Don't get too excited just yet, Laura- it takes me forever to finish a long story...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You could write a whole series from this:

Lois knows but doesn't tell CK.

Rewrite from The Rival and on. It would be fun. smile

Maybe she tests him over and over until he can't take it anymore and admits the truth.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Folc- it did get two sequels, Clearing the Air and Changing the Game, but I don't have any plans to continue it past there at the moment.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard