I know I should be working on my other story, but this just begged to be written. Most of the dialog was taken from "Never on Sunday". You'll also recognize a scene from "Vatman".
The characters don't belong to me, I just had a little fun with them.

A Sunday Evening

Clark lowered his glasses, staring over the rim. “I'm not sure how he's doing this. I can't spot any wires... trap doors...” he said quietly.

He was both amazed and also a little confused. Ever since he had developed his special vision, illusionists had not done much for him. It was just too easy to see through their tricks. This Baron Sunday obviously was the exception to the rule. Strangely that only made Clark all the more intent on learning his secret. Usually, that would be Lois part, but this time…

Suddenly, Sunday looked straight at Clark, flashing him a brilliant smile. A chill ran down Clark’s spine.

“Is he smiling at me?” he asked Lois through clenched teeth, feeling slightly unnerved.

“Hmm?” she replied distractedly, her attention on some point in the audience rather than on the stage.

Clark followed her gaze to see what had sparked her interest.

“This would answer the cold feet question,” she added right in the moment Clark had spotted Perry and Jimmy, who were coming down the row towards them. She waved at the two of them to take the empty seats next to them.

“Chief. You chickened out,” Lois commented reproachfully as Perry and Jimmy reached the table.

“Not at all,” Perry said defensively as he took a seat. “The lad here had his heart set on seeing this show, and I couldn't break his heart."

Jimmy just grinned at Lois as he sat down on the last remaining chair.

“Chickened out,” he confirmed.

He looked as if he was about to give her a detailed report, when shushing sounds came from all around them.

Clark turned his attention back on the stage, still not quite able to shake the uneasiness.

“I think I need some fresh air,” he muttered and got up.

Lois raised a brow, making a minute version of her usual flying gesture. Clark just shook his head to answer her unspoken question.

Just then, Sunday spoke up again. "And now, to finish up the evening, I'd like to create a special illusion for a member of the audience. Any volunteers? You, Mister?"

Involuntarily, Clark turned his attention back towards the stage. With a start, he realized that Sunday was smiling at him again.

Jimmy grinned at Clark. "Go, CK!" he urged him enthusiastically and just a bit jealous.

Looking at the others, he found that they were not going to save him. Quite the opposite in fact. Heaving a sigh, Clark squared his shoulders and started toward the aisle.

"Sure. Okay," he said, having a hard time to keep from grumbling.

The audience broke into applause as Clark went up on the stage and joined Sunday. They shook hands.

"I need your name, birth date and city where you were born," Sunday said with another unnerving smile.

Knowing he did not have much of a choice, Clark gave into his fate. And what could happen, really?

"Clark Jerome Kent, February 29,1966. Honestly, I don't know the city. I was a foundling," he replied.

"Oh that's all right," Sunday appeared unfazed. All of a sudden he held a piece of paper and a pencil in his hands.

Clark eyed him warily while Sunday quickly jotted down what he had been told.

Then, he held the paper over Clark's head.

Once again Sunday raised his voice for the audience. "I want you to relax. When the ashes float down around you, you will fall into a deep trance."

"Ashes?"Clark asked, irritated.

Above his head the paper suddenly burst into flames. Clark's body became heavy. His eyes closed on their own volition. He felt strangely detached.

Sunday' voice came from far away. "Now, when I snap my fingers, you will imagine you are meeting Superman."

Clark found himself standing in front of Lois' door. The next moment he was storming inside, seeing Lois sprawled across the sofa, Superman above her. He was kissing Lois against her will.

Sunday spoke again. "I forgot to mention... you're utterly drunk. "

Author's note: This was inspired by the "duel identity" challenge, but it's not a reply.

Last edited by bakasi; 02/15/16 01:20 PM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool