Next Thread
Print Thread
#268984 02/12/16 09:11 PM
S
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
S
I've seen the phrase "duel identity" one time too many. For the record, Clark has a "dual" identity (meaning "double") rather than a "duel" identity (meaning a formal challenge of combat). Also for the record, the final straw was on a news URL where they definitely should have caught it, not here.

But I'm sure there's some good to go with the bad. So here's the challenge: Take the phrase "duel identity" literally.

In keeping with this being a "duel", I want:
  • One of the canon characters fighting with ... himself or herself. That is, his or her own identity.
  • A public venue.
  • Could be anything from combat to confronting an impersonator to finding the person who charged their credit card $1500 on a leather bustier.

What I don't want:

• Time travel or alternate universes.
  • If it isn't Clark, he can't use his powers to determine who is who. Either he has no powers, or they won't help him (i.e. he sees this on television). If it is Clark then he can't use his powers because he would give away his secret.

Bonus:
  • You get bonus points if Lex is the victim and after coercing Clark or Lois into helping him, he rubs it in.

Shallowford
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Hmm, I know it's a little predictable, but I can't resist. Your challenge was met about 33 years before you issued it. Which I find funny since you said no time travel and I just made this all wibbley-wobbley, timey-wimey. (Seriously Steven Moffat, that's the dialogue you give to a superinteligent alien, really? I don't see Sherlock being turned into a moron by your writing.) Sorry, here's the most predictable link possible with the challenge you gave.

OK, that's probably not what you want since this is a L&C Board, not a general Superman one.

There's probably a few fanfics out on the Archive, that already have something like this. We'd have to ask the expert, IolantheAlias. Hopefully, he'll/she'll be able to recommend something for you.

Or I could write it....

Actually, I better not. I'd end up writing a thing with Superman getting a split personality disorder and going full Fight Club. Not good. 90% of humanity dead by the end and Luthor saves what's left. Kinda darker than most people would want to read I imagine.

I've rambled enough. I hope you find what you want or it get's written.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Does Superman III count?

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
S
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
S
I never said it had to be believable, or good for that matter, so yes Superman 3 fits.

That Old Vat of Mine also fits. Lois imposters, virtual reality and Perry White Halloween costumes are all game.

Shallowford
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by Shallowford
I never said it had to be believable, or good for that matter, so yes Superman 3 fits.

That Old Vat of Mine also fits. Lois imposters, virtual reality and Perry White Halloween costumes are all game.

Superman 3 is good. Compared to 4 and Returns anyway.....

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Alright, honesty time. It's awful. Junkyard scene is still cool though.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard