Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#268958 02/10/16 03:02 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Write a scene. Lois and Clark need to get from point A to point B. Or they need to stay in one spot for a long time (stakeout! or Kidnapped!). They're going to talk. What are they going to say? Pick a topic, any topic. Have Lois say something. Have Clark take what she says in the wrong way. (Or vice versa, usually vice versa works well... since Lois can be quite touchy. peep ) See where it takes you... correction... see where it takes THEM. Follow through on the conversation. If it turns fun (i.e. banter), post your results. If it doesn't, try again. Groundhogs Day them until you get results. And by results, I mean Banter, not your characters reaching through the screen and strangling you. (That would be another thread entirely... and probably a fun one for a different reason.)

For some strange reason, some of my best banter comes from these scenes where I just don't know where to end it. I guess, most people would cut the scene and add a transition. I follow them along, wondering how did they get onto the topic of naming all 7 of Snow White's friends, instead of starting them already in the conversation.

Have fun!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You do know that I'm asking for just a scene. No plot. Not story. Just a scene. Just a conversation. Come on, you know you have some banter you've been wanting to post you just haven't had the story to put it into. Come on.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This does sound like a fun way to get back into writing once I'm ready; lately, I've been so busy that I can hardly string a sentence together.

~•~
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Queen of the Capes,
I hope you get time soon. I love your work.
SWAB.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Suggs_With_A_Box
Queen of the Capes,
I hope you get time soon. I love your work.
SWAB.

D'aww, thanks! blush

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, I've answered my own challenge in hopes of catching more stories.

The Art of Conversation - Scene 1

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
This seems like a good exercise for me... we'll see how many times I have to turn it around before things get dark... devil

I'll mull it over.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard