Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Feeling super generous tonight. AND I posted early. Enjoy!

(Read: Sure, the Trask cliffie was fun, but this one is even more evil.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Oooh...methinks Kryptonite bullets are involved. wink Surprising, though, that they'd have made them, having not done any previous tests to know that Kryptonite is harmful to Superman. I'm assuming that will be explained in the next part. And I'm wondering if Lois saw the first bullet bounce; she might be too distraught over the second bullet hitting Clark that she neglects to think about the first one.

Oh, and it totally makes sense that Bureau 39 would work in Area 51. laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, No! How you go from one cliffy to another! Yes, Trask and his team must have found something or someone in the fields of Kansas. Yikes!

What kind of world do they live in where the military can charge into the DP and arrest (or kidnap in this case) two reporters? What happened to the freedom of the press?

Who is that man in Lois's cell? Why didn't Lois fight Braxton and rescue Clark? How are they going to escape? Eeeeks! DC, you get back here right this minute, young lady, and post the next part!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Oooh...methinks Kryptonite bullets are involved. wink Surprising, though, that they'd have made them, having not done any previous tests to know that Kryptonite is harmful to Superman. I'm assuming that will be explained in the next part. And I'm wondering if Lois saw the first bullet bounce; she might be too distraught over the second bullet hitting Clark that she neglects to think about the first one.

Oh, and it totally makes sense that Bureau 39 would work in Area 51. laugh

I LOVE that you got the Area 51 thing! Gold star for you!

Kryptonite is definitely involved. As to how they got it/why they used it...well...you'll see. Could be luck, could be a time traveling meddler, could be...well...a number of things, really. But, yes, it will be explained.

Lois isn't registering the whole change of gun/new bullet/bullet bounce/use of the word "freaks." She's in shock/terrified for Clark. Which may be a good thing for Clark right now.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Oh, No! How you go from one cliffy to another! Yes, Trask and his team must have found something or someone in the fields of Kansas. Yikes!

What kind of world do they live in where the military can charge into the DP and arrest (or kidnap in this case) two reporters? What happened to the freedom of the press?

Who is that man in Lois's cell? Why didn't Lois fight Braxton and rescue Clark? How are they going to escape? Eeeeks! DC, you get back here right this minute, young lady, and post the next part!

As for the first question.... <points to Evil Writer Membership card and jacket>

Trask has a lot more up his sleeve here. They must have the same logic/morals/authority in this world as they did in canon - kidnapping and throwing civilians out of planes comes to mind. wink

The man will be addressed. I promise. Lois was caught off guard, in shock over Braxton just up and shooting Clark. Escape is not promised. Mwhahahaha!

Wish I could post more but...well, I *can*, but I like a certain amount of suspense.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oy thud...

Well, that's a cliff hanger if I've ever read one! devil

Still-Processing-Information...wow.

This is just bad--and in so many ways!

Lois is caged...with someone. (Random thought--Jor-el? jawdrop --that is, IF, he managed to live....and, IF, they've maybe had him this whole time? )

Clark had the 'bullet hitting him and bouncing off' thing happen...in public. As Clark dizzy.

Oh--and how about we add in some Kryptonite bullets? Maybe Clark can take one in the shoulder shock ?

I agree with Virginia--DC, you get back here and post again! You have a lot of toys out that need organized and put neatly away grin. (Oh, how close to 'real life' day to day does this sound for me? help ).

Oh-So-Good!!!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 02/09/16 02:00 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Oy thud...

Well, that's a cliff hanger if I've ever read one! devil

Still-Processing-Information...wow.

This is just bad--and in so many ways!

Lois is caged...with someone. (Random thought--Jor-el? jawdrop --that is, IF, he managed to live....and, IF, they've maybe had him this whole time? )

Clark had the 'bullet hitting him and bouncing off' thing happen...in public. As Clark dizzy.

Oh--and how about we add in some Kryptonite bullets? Maybe Clark can take one in the shoulder shock ?

I agree with Virginia--DC, you get back here and post again! You have a lot of toys out that need organized and put neatly away grin. (Oh, how close to 'real life' day to day does this sound for me? help ).

Oh-So-Good!!!
Laura

Cliffies are fun, aren't they? wink Well, okay, maybe for *me* they are.

Poor Clark is in *trouble!* He's definitely been exposed, even if Lois herself doesn't necessarily know it yet.

Yes, my toys are all over the place right now. But, like my (almost) two and a half year olds, I'm just going to run away until threatened with naptime and no fun outside playing in the snow. (My kids are like polar bears this winter - they LOVE the snow!)

Glad you're enjoying it! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Clark! Hold on! I'll figure something out!" Lois called as Braxton grabbed him under the armpits and began dragging him down the hall.

Finally, darkness took him and he knew no more.

Whew! I have to agree with everyone here, that was some cliffhanger. But that is one of the exciting hallmarks of your writing and we all relish it. thumbsup

My guess is the other person in the cell is Jor-El. After all it was never confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was killed the night of their landing in Kansas. The only thing I can do right now is be patient and wait to see how matters unfold.

Trask was never my favorite of the villains, he is a total nut job.

It's bad enough that he and his goons invaded the Daily Planet's newsroom, but to kidnap that newspaper's top reporters for 'questioning'? What happened to freedom of speech and due process? Does Trask realize his actions will be splashed all over the media? The man is a subtle as a chainsaw.

Come on Saturday!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
"Clark! Hold on! I'll figure something out!" Lois called as Braxton grabbed him under the armpits and began dragging him down the hall.

Finally, darkness took him and he knew no more.

Whew! I have to agree with everyone here, that was some cliffhanger. But that is one of the exciting hallmarks of your writing and we all relish it. thumbsup

My guess is the other person in the cell is Jor-El. After all it was never confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was killed the night of their landing in Kansas. The only thing I can do right now is be patient and wait to see how matters unfold.

Trask was never my favorite of the villains, he is a total nut job.

It's bad enough that he and his goons invaded the Daily Planet's newsroom, but to kidnap that newspaper's top reporters for 'questioning'? What happened to freedom of speech and due process? Does Trask realize his actions will be splashed all over the media? The man is a subtle as a chainsaw.

Come on Saturday!

LOL! I *do* love a good cliffie. And what better way to leave our heroes dangling? wink

I promise the question of if there was someone else and who it was (if anyone) will be revealed in the next chapter.

Trask is most definitely a nutjob. Imagine if he'd been around when Lord Nor was trying to take over Earth! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Trask is most definitely a nutjob. Imagine if he'd been around when Lord Nor was trying to take over Earth! wink

Hello!

Now that the nominations are done I can get back to reading stories currently on the boards. hyper I've been wanting to answer this question for awhile.

If Trask was still around when Lord Nor made planet-fall he might not have lasted very long. Once Nor figured out how crazy he was, the rebel leader would have blasted him with heat vision or he might have kept him around to watch as the bad Kryptonians took over Earth. In either case, life would not have been pleasant for the former government agent.

Just a thought ....

Now it is time for me to finish reading the remainder of this amazing story!

Last edited by Morgana; 03/09/16 03:24 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana

Hello!

Now that the nominations are done I can get back to reading stories currently on the boards. hyper I've been wanting to answer this question for awhile.

If Trask was still around when Lord Nor made planet-fall he might not have lasted very long. Once Nor figured out how crazy he was, the rebel leader would have blasted him with heat vision or he might have kept him around to watch as the bad Kryptonians took over Earth. In either case, life would not have been pleasant for the former government agent.

Just a thought ....

Now it is time for me to finish reading the remainder of this amazing story!

I've toyed with the Nor/Trask thing. Not saying I'll write it, of course, but my muse has batted it around a little.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard