Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yup, there's even a Trask in *this* universe...

Mwhahahahahaha!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Two months later??!! Argh!!! That was not a smart move. They became so much closer so much faster in this version - his secret will feel like an even deeper betrayal. I did like that Perry noticed how well their partnership/friendship/relationship has worked out so far...hopefully it can survive a revelation!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, no! Even though Clark tried to keep it casual between Lois and Superman, he's still been able to needle himself into the relationship. It could be Clark's fault for not telling Lois earlier, especially since they're dating. However, with her mentioning that coveted Pulitzer prize, how could he not be nervous? I do love all the breadcrumbs he keeps leaving her, though. smile

So, Trask isn't in disguise. Does that mean that B39 is a more established branch of the military because they actually CAUGHT Jor-El? eek I hope not!

Thank goodness (and DC) for the next part, but I believe I'll save it for tomorrow when I'm awake enough to read it. It will be long enough waiting for NEXT weekend to come, I better savor this extra treat as long as possible.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Two months later??!! Argh!!! That was not a smart move. They became so much closer so much faster in this version - his secret will feel like an even deeper betrayal. I did like that Perry noticed how well their partnership/friendship/relationship has worked out so far...hopefully it can survive a revelation!

Hehehehe! Yup! This Clark is no smarter than canon Clark it seems. A revelation is brewing....mwhahahaha!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Oh, no! Even though Clark tried to keep it casual between Lois and Superman, he's still been able to needle himself into the relationship. It could be Clark's fault for not telling Lois earlier, especially since they're dating. However, with her mentioning that coveted Pulitzer prize, how could he not be nervous? I do love all the breadcrumbs he keeps leaving her, though. smile

So, Trask isn't in disguise. Does that mean that B39 is a more established branch of the military because they actually CAUGHT Jor-El? eek I hope not!

Thank goodness (and DC) for the next part, but I believe I'll save it for tomorrow when I'm awake enough to read it. It will be long enough waiting for NEXT weekend to come, I better savor this extra treat as long as possible.

Maybe all Clarks find themselves in the triangle built for two in some way. But at least this one is dating Lois before Superman enters the picture. Lois does have her loyalties! smile

B39 is/was a LOT more legit than in canon. Did they get Jor-El? Or did they catch people from other planets? Or are there just more paranoid presidents in this world?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
"Maybe he's shy," Jimmy suggested.

"Shy? And wearing that outfit?" Cat Grant purred dreamily. "Not a chance."

"Maybe he's afraid of being found," Clark offered. "Maybe all of this is a bit...I don't know...overwhelming."

"Please," Lois said, giving him a patented eye-roll. "He had to have known what a sensation his appearance would be."

"I'd hate to agree," Cat said, "but I agree. They don't call them tights for nothing."

"All I know is, I want to track him down for my own reasons," Betty said with a smirk. Laughter rippled through the rest of the conference room.

"Not if I find him first," Cat swore.

"Please," Clark heard Lois mutter under her breath.

"Okay, okay, let's get back on track," Perry ordered. "We need to get to work. What would draw Superman out, so that we have a chance to talk to him?"

"A rescue," Allison offered.

"Yeah, great, only he's made a few other rescues since he first appeared and still hasn't stuck around long enough to talk to the press," Marco countered.

"Well, what do you suggest?" Allison retorted. "Shining a big light into the sky to signal him?"

Marco just huffed, but didn't otherwise respond.

"Maybe we ought to dangle Lois out a window or something," Jeff teased. "It seems like this Superman guy is constantly showing up on stories she's reporting on."

"That's not funny, Jeff," Lois growled before Clark could. "Maybe I ought to bloody your nose enough to require Superman to come whisk you off to the hospital."

Why did I put this huge bit of dialog in? Because this shows a bunch of different people talking besides the usual suspects! Great! Oh and the byplay between all of them is fresh and fun. Perry riding herd on the bunch of them is very realistic.

Yummy! goofy

"It's safer, Clark," Jonathan had told him the night before, when Clark had flown home for dinner. "The longer you refuse to speak, the more people are going to speculate. And the longer they do that, the more misinformation about you will circulate. Misinformation can lead to a lot of fear that make take you years to overcome. If you want the public's trust, you have to be transparent with them. Or, well, as transparent as possible."

Jonathan may not speak very often, but when he does it is powerful and makes a tremendous amount of sense. Glad he is telling Clark this and not Martha.

Just Lois, Perry - engrossed in singing along with WLEX-radio's "Non-Stop Elvis Hour," and a few members of the janitorial staff. He landed next to Lois' desk with a whoosh, startling her out of whatever she was writing on her computer.

That ol' newshound miss out on a great interview because he is listening to Elvis? No Way! shock

OK, off I go to read the next part! Joy!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Morgana! wave

So glad you liked the scene at Perry's meeting. It was kind of fun to craft a situation where more than just the usual crew got a chance to speak. And, of course, it gave me an excuse to embarrass Clark. smile

I love that L&C gave us both Kent parents alive and well to guide Clark. It makes trying to write for them easier. I LOVE the J&M of canon - Jonathan usually doesn't speak too much, but his words always have weight to them. It felt natural for Jonathan to be the one to tell Clark to go for broke and go public.

Perry can't be too mad - at least Lois got the story! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally getting some catch-up time dance...

Well, Clark has created the inevitable 'love triangle between two people' jump. Like Susan stated, I really wonder now--especially because of the closeness brought upon by dating this early--how Lois will take the eventual news. Things are a lot more personal now. Trust has been built between the two of them.

I wonder about Clark, too. 'Superman' (concerning Lois) was always such a catch 22 for Clark: the impossibility of turning his feelings 'off' around her, but then likewise, resenting the situation when Lois starts to fall for himself costumed. Now that Clark is in a relationship with Lois, I wonder if her interest in Superman will feel more betraying to him?

The problems with dual identities, huh? wallbash dizzy shock

Trash! Eek! He really makes me nervous in this version--with how different Clark's backstory is.

So intregued!!!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 02/09/16 01:30 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Finally getting some catch-up time dance...

Well, Clark has created the inevitable 'love triangle between two people' jump. Like Susan stated, I really wonder now--especially because of the closeness brought upon by dating this early--how Lois will take the eventual news. Things are a lot more personal now. Trust has been built between the two of them.

I wonder about Clark, too. 'Superman' (concerning Lois) was always such a catch 22 for Clark: the impossibility of turning his feelings 'off' around her, but then likewise, resenting the situation when Lois starts to fall for himself costumed. Now that Clark is in a relationship with Lois, I wonder if her interest in Superman will feel more betraying to him?

The problems with dual identities, huh? wallbash dizzy shock

Trash! Eek! He really makes me nervous in this version--with how different Clark's backstory is.

So intregued!!!
Laura

Well, it *might* depend on the circumstances of her finding out. But I'm sure betrayal and anger are going to be there in some fashion or another.

Yes, Trask. Mwhahahahaha! I always did enjoy him as a villain. It would have been interesting to see more of him, I think.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard