Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Merriwether
Merriwether
My coworker loved Serenity, but hadn't seen Firefly at all. I lent him the dvds, and I had to keep reminding him, for some odd reason, that the series came BEFORE the movie. The movie did not come first. laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks to all who posted links to Firefly fanfic. I didn't get into it until after the series went off the air. We now have the DVDs and watch them every so often but I've never read any the fanfic. I asked my daughter about it and she said it follows Sturgeon's Law (90% of everything is cr_p) but that a good place to start is www.browncoats.com.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the browncoats link, Cookiesmom. I've been exploring and enjoying the recommended stories.

I've another DW/Firefly crossover recommendation. Out of Joint by Honorh. I'd read it before, but had forgotten author and title until I stumbled across it again. Features the Serenity crew before Book and Inara leave and the 9th Doctor, Captain Jack and Rose.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
HonorH is a fantastic writer, one of my favourites. I haven't read Out Of Joint as I dislike crossovers, but her DW fic is excellent and very much in character, so I'd expect no less from that fic. It was very popular in DW fandom.

Another DW author, who has also written in Harry Potter fandom, is currently writing a Firefly/DW crossover. It's still a WIP, with I think one chapter posted, and in terms of DW it's set after the end of S4 (the episode Journey's End) and after Torchwood's Children of Earth mini-series. You'll find Aibhinn's Ulysses on the DW fic archive. Aibhinn is another of my favourite DW writers, so I have no doubt that this story will be good.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Watched the series and movie as a result of a Stargate swap. Yep. Another great show cancelled.

Shallowford
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Firefly had so much potential. It's a shame the network showed the original episodes out of order and the show was pre-empted several times. It was hard to find it. The story was just starting to get really interesting when it was cancelled.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've been meaning to watch it again, since it's one Netflix's Instant List, but I never have. I did enjoy it and was disappointed that it got canceled while other mindless drivel remained. I didn't realize that it had been shown in the wrong order.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Some of the episodes were never even aired originally.

Kerth
Kerth
I love Firefly! It's one of my go-to shows for when I'm sick (also Lois and Clark and Castle... Nathan Fillion might be the reason for two of those drool ) For whatever reason though, I never got into Firefly fanfiction (unlike the other two). I'd definitely give some a read though if anybody's got recommendations. smile

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I didn't watch the show when it originally aired, but I've seen it since. I've also seen the movie Serenity. And when one of my cousins upgraded to Blu-Ray he gave me his old DVD set of the show. So I can watch an episode whenever I want. smile

That show had a lot of great characters, but River has to be my favorite.

The closest I ever got to fanfiction for the show is a series of stories I wrote for Chuck that are Firefly themed and reference the show.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Political issues aside--Does anyone else think that Ted Cruz looks like he could be related to Nathan Fillion?

Shallowford
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Shallowford
Political issues aside--Does anyone else think that Ted Cruz looks like he could be related to Nathan Fillion?
No. Not in the least.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Just found this thread, and I am a Firefly fan....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard