Print Thread
#268937 02/08/16 11:40 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

I wasn't sure if I'd get this part up on schedule, but our ISP was actually on the ball (for once) and our Internet was connected the day we moved in!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Great fun, Lunkhead Kent to the fore!

Framework4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For a minute there, I thought Lois had actually been sitting around Sarasota for weeks, calling Clark's apartment randomly hoping to finally catch him in. It must be fate that the one night Clark visited in a month, Lois arrived into town. Only Clark would lose patience with small talk after not having spoken with Lois in a year. You'd think it had been Clark she had dumped all those months ago and not Superman. Perhaps that's the whole problem. Clark doesn't recall that one little detail.

Why has he been hiding? It must be from Lois; there's no one else to hide from. But why hide from her if he thought she wasn't interested in him? Even so, now he angry that it took her so long to find his new alter ego, even though he never gave her a forwarding number or address? He even kicks her out without either of them having said what needs to be said. *shakes head* Oh, Clark. This is pathetic, even for you. You don't kick out the woman you love... that's not what love is. Martha and Jonathan taught you better than that! *Gibbs slaps the back of his head* Snap out of it!

Now, she's served the ball. It's his turn to return it. At least she has given him a plausible excuse. (I thought it would be in the form of her purse with her rental car keys in it, but apparently, she remembered to take them with her when he kicked her out.) Good thing he's invulnerable, he's got some major boots to lick to get himself out of this mess!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, that sure leaves me wanting more! grovel hail grovel hail

Argh--grumble...

Clark--you've been missing Lois for a year and she's shoe'd out that quickly...by you? wallbash.

Yes, she hurt you. Yes, she turned you down as Superman. Yes--she, stupidly, got engaged to Dan. You are totally right about all of that. BUT--Lois is wisening up. She might have made some very mature decisions lately (i.e.--'solo' now). She did track you down. She did fly all the way to see you. She did have a long/wet trip to get to you. Give her (at the very minimum) a lil bit of a chance here.

At least go through the small talk. See where that goes. Give Lois some time to work in her reason for visiting. We--well including you--know it takes Lois awhile to open up sometimes huh.

Laura--who is putting a lot of 'hope' in Lois' pile of clothes left in the bathroom wink.

Awesome job!!!!! notworthy

Last edited by LMA; 02/09/16 05:46 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Along the way, he’d decided he disliked the bare, Spartan feel of the apartment and returned to Kansas to retrieve his belongings.

There is a lot said with this sentence.

Clark is leading a very lonely existence and wants to fill the absence of human company with an apartment that has warmth and reminders of his travels. The guy needs to get back to Metropolis. Go find Lois!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I would have liked to see the look on Clark's face when it sunk in that Lois and Dan were no longer together. Now if only it was time for the next part! Sarah

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Morning... am I the only one that couldn't get onto the boards yesterday?

Originally Posted by Framework4
Lunkhead Kent to the fore!
Yup, he's good at that! He was lunkheaded to even think of leaving Metropolis in the first place. Pretty sure I've said it before, but I'm surprised there were no real repercussions for his almost-leaving on the show.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
*Gibbs slaps the back of his head* Snap out of it!
I learnt a valuable lesson when I read that- don't read feedback while waiting to start your shift at work! Otherwise, you might laugh at an inappropriate time- like when your boss is 6 feet away reprimanding another staff member... blush
NCIS is my other major fandom, so the Gibbs slap really cracked me up.

Originally Posted by LMA
Yes, she hurt you. Yes, she turned you down as Superman. Yes--she, stupidly, got engaged to Dan.
And there, you have the root of his anger. Just when he thought he was starting to be okay, she turns up out of the blue and rips open old wounds.

Morgana- You're right, he needs to go home. There's a few hurdles to jump (fly?) over first!

Sarah- More tomorrow, I promise smile

Edit- Chapter 6 is now in the hands of KenJ for beta-reading, and I just wrote the end of the story... Just got a few more gaps in the last chapter to fill in smile

Last edited by NostalgiaKick; 02/10/16 05:54 PM.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard