Print Thread
#268872 02/04/16 06:28 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

Okay, so I know I said I'd post this tomorrow, but tomorrow is our last day in our old house and I have a massive to-do list. If I didn't post this now, I'd have to wait until after we move.

This chapter is also longer smile

Feli.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful,
I loved the restraint Lois showed and the break up. Very nicely done.

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Referring to my previous post, I have to say you crafted a graceful exit for poor Dan here: I like the way he nails Lois while she's trying to muddling the waters... A real cop! wink

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper And she's off! Yea! Next week's post grovel should be a good one.

I like how Lois worked through her thoughts and feelings to discover how she actually felt / feels about Clark. I'm glad she had the forethought to understand that Clark might actually be off the market.

With the way Lois was feeling it really would've been shocking if Dan hadn't realized that Lois didn't feel for him what he did for her. It sure made it easier for her to have him dump her first. Although, bringing up Clark constantly for their whole conversation was a red flag most intelligent men would notice, especially since Clark was an ex-boyfriend.

Good luck on your move!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I just found this story and I have to say, I'm liking it very much. I feel sorry for the holes in both left in Lois and Clark. And the break up, I can only picture the resignation Dan felt when the penny finally dropped. I'm eagerly awaiting the next part. Sarah

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I too just started reading this story and I'm enjoying it. I like how you've given us insight regarding Lois' feelings about Dan and her gradual realization that she loves Clark.

Joan

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
In haste as it's moving day...

Framework4- Thanks! I originally wrote the breakup much more acrimoniously but it really made Dan out to be the bad guy. And he's not- just the wrong guy.

HiddenMoon- See, I was at least somewhat nice to Dan... it could've been worse grin

VirginiaR-
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I'm glad she had the forethought to understand that Clark might actually be off the market.
Yup, after three years of (apparently) unrequited love it's not inconceivable that he'd try and move on. (Plus- if Clark came on the market, who wouldn't try to snap him up? drool)

Sarah- Thank you! It's easy to get wrapped up in Clark's pain in the whole Scardino arc of season 2, but I always thought Lois would've been extremely hurt that Clark was just going to take off without talking to her- something that was glossed over in the series (I'm assuming due to lack of time). I'm just kind of extrapolating it.

ScifiJoan- Thanks! Lois really isn't in touch with her feelings (or good feelings anyway). At least she realises in time. I originally started the story with her and Dan married, but it was so... messy.

Thanks to everyone that's commented so far smile

Now I really must go start loading the moving van...

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Kerth
Kerth
Dan's not my favorite character from the show, but he's not a bad guy. You gracefully found a way out of their relationship that preserves his dignity and respect. I like that he's the one who called it off - that he saw he wasn't being loved the way he should be, and that he stood up for himself. Good luck with the move. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Go Lois dance! Go Lois dance! Go Lois dance! Go find CLARK! Woo-hoo!

I am loving this, Feli. This was a great chapter--you could really gather the reality that Lois was awakening to. Clark is her best friend ('is', not 'was' wink ), she loves him, she wants to be with him, and, currently, she has no business being engaged to Dan.

The date with Dan was written really well. The conversation was needed, along with the honesty. I really like how the situation was handled.

Can not wait for the next part...and--oh, look, it's posted smile!
Laura

Good luck with all that moving! Hope everything is going smoothly for you guys.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Dan...”

“Just answer me one thing, Lois. If he hadn't left that night, would we be sitting here now?”

She was silent, her eyes fixed on her plate.

“I see.” He swallowed hard. “I think... I think I'd like my ring back.”

Slowly, she slid the solitaire off her finger and handed it to him. Wrapping his hand around it, for a moment he had to fight back tears.

“Do you care? Did you ever care?”

“Yes, I cared Dan.”

“But not loved.”

“No. I'm sorry, Dan.” She reached out to touch his hand and he jerked it away. He took a deep, albeit shaky breath.

“The Agency wants to reassign me to DC. I'm going to tell them yes.” He gave her a sad half smile. “You'll be rid of me in about a week.”

He tossed a few bills on the table as he turned to walk out.

Poor Dan! My heart goes out to him in a big way. whinging It is a painful thing to realize that the woman you love only cares about you and is hopelessly in love with someone else. He did the right thing: taking his ring back and walking out. Perhaps when he gets back to DC he can find a beautiful woman who truly cares and loves him.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard