Print Thread
#268831 02/02/16 04:35 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

I have written and rewritten more stories than I care to remember for this installment. There are so many aspects of this episode to write about! Jimmy's murder charge, their date, the slamming of the door, their first kiss, Mayson's death...

I originally wrote a story about Mayson's death, then I realised that what I'd written actually worked better for Resurrection. So here's what I ended up with for Lucky Leon.

Feli.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Kerth
Kerth
Interesting choice to focus on the anticipation, the buildup, rather than the payoff. My favorite line was this one:
I want her to want a second date, and a third, and a fourth… and a future.
Yeah, you could have written about so many things from this episode, which is why there are so many fanfics based on it. wink So I like that you chose something less obvious. Good job. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really liked this, Feli smile.

Like Susan stated, the buildup is a great way to go about this episode. So much of the show--so much especially of the first and second season--IS the excitement, the possibility of love between these two. The 'will they or won't they' dance that is just so awesomely fun to watch. Centering on this (and as you write about the 'date' episode) feels really authentic to the show.

As you point out, this date is everything to Clark. All of his hopes, his dreams--it all rides upon how the evening will go. He was running the world over...trying to find where he fit in, when he really couldn't fit in. Meeting Lois, literally, changed his life.

You could feel the monumental importance of this night (to Clark) in this piece--excellent job! clap Loved it.
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Love this.

Oh, that feeling of nervousness just before a first date with anyone, let alone the person you are already in love with. That feeling of pressure. The self-doubts...Am I dressed well enough, Will we have enough in common, Should I move in for a goodnight kiss. It's very overwhelming!

Great way to capture this for Clark. He's all ready to marry Lois before he even dates her. The pressure to have their first date go well is tangible.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Thanks everyone! I love this episode- well, right up until Mayson dies. I remember yelling at my TV screen when it first aired... such terrible timing! But I love all the interaction between Lois and Clark, and the bit where they shake hands and end up holding hands instead... Love it.
Okay, so I'm a hopeless romantic smile

Susan- It's funny, sometimes I find it harder to write about some of my favourite episodes precisely because there are so many fanfics written about them. I like trying to find something different in them, I guess.
Originally Posted by groobie
My favorite line was this one:
I want her to want a second date, and a third, and a fourth… and a future.
You know that moment where a line occurs to you and it feels like it pulls the whole thing together? That line was it.

Originally Posted by LMA
So much of the show--so much especially of the first and second season--IS the excitement, the possibility of love between these two.
Laura- you just summed up exactly why first and second seasons will always be my favourites smile

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
The self-doubts...Am I dressed well enough, Will we have enough in common, Should I move in for a goodnight kiss. It's very overwhelming!
DC- You're right, first dates are overwhelming to begin with. Add the fact that it's his first date with Lois, and poor Clark must've been over-the-top nervous.

Thank you all for commenting. Now it's on to less-happy episodes...

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I liked this. Clark's nervousness. The anticipation. The focus on detail. Making everything just right, just so.

Yes, with so much riding on this FIRST date, it's so strange that he originally was going to go with the concert idea. Thank goodness for Lex Luthor. Hey, there's something to be thankful about for him. wink peep Just joking.

Just the type of sweetness we need as we move towards Valentine's Day.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard