Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Extra reading material for those of us dealing with snow this weekend!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Adorable - spunky Lois showing up in the early morning, caught up in the thrill of their investigation. This gave Lois, Martha, and Jonathan an earlier introduction to each other and in a completely different context. It will be interesting to see how Lois reacts to Superman's introduction when she's already begun a relationship with Clark. Hope you're able to dig out of the snow and post again soon. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, Clark is going with the traditional costume... er... uniform, then. Tarzan would've been fun. evil Maybe he can give Lois a fashion show later on. You know, after she slaps him silly for announcing himself to the world as a hero without telling her first.

He's sure taking a lot of chances. Putting himself out there more than he does in canon. The truck rescue. Cleaning up his apartment.

Perry is a cruel boss. You totally had me riding on Clark's pity wagon. And then for Clark to turn the tables on Lois in the same way. Oooooh. He's going to have to be careful when she pays him back.

This passage made me pause, only because it sounds as if Clark is blowing off Lois's request to see him the next night:
"We should celebrate. Dinner tonight?"

"I wish I could, but my parents flew in this morning," he said regretfully. Dinner with Lois sounded wonderful.

"Tomorrow then?"

Clark smiled apologetically. "Mom's already committed to cooking something."

"Okay, well, a rain-check then," she compromised.
He said 'no', and then when she suggests the next night, he says 'no, my mom's cooking.' ie. turning down tomorrow night as well.

It sounds almost as if he's blowing her off to spend time with his folks 2 nights in a row. I don't know how normal people do dating, but shouldn't he have invited her to join them? Especially after telling her that his mom flew in just to make him a home-cooked meal. "Enjoy your take-out again, Lois. What is it 100th night in a row?" I guess most people would've said it was too early in their relationship to meet Clark's folks, but he could've at least offered. It almost (almost because I know that's not his or your motivation behind it) sounds as if he DOESN'T want Lois there.

Of course, he then compounds this by:
Two days passed in this fashion. Martha worked on costumes during the day when she could, or in the early evenings as Clark tried on some of her finished creations.
Making it sound as if he's ditching Lois (as his girlfriend) 3 nights in a row now.

Makes total sense why she dropped by unannounced at 5am. Probably just double checking that it really IS his parents visiting and not his fiancee or some blonde. What? Have you met Sam Lane? It could totally happen. How else could he have gotten his apartment cleaned so quickly? Clearly, he had help.

Am I the only one curious what Lois found out about Lex Luthor?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
"Clark, your mother is right. If you really want to go through with this, an outfit like that will do the job," Jonathan offered. "It's just missing something."

"Modesty?" Clark offered in a limp attempt at humor.
rotflol

I lol'ed at this. The suit doesn't leave much to the imagination. What I look forward to is seeing Lois's reaction.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by Annie B
The suit doesn't leave much to the imagination.
Thank you, L&C wardrobe department, for whom we will forever be grateful. devil

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by groobie
Lois: drool
Clark: blush

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Deadly Chakram

Yes! I needed something a little extra! Thanks so much!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Adorable - spunky Lois showing up in the early morning, caught up in the thrill of their investigation. This gave Lois, Martha, and Jonathan an earlier introduction to each other and in a completely different context. It will be interesting to see how Lois reacts to Superman's introduction when she's already begun a relationship with Clark. Hope you're able to dig out of the snow and post again soon. smile

Well, I love the seen in canon when Lois shows up in the small hours of the night/morning when Clark has his parents over and she's figured out that the guy she was hiding at Clark's place hadn't really been murdered. I want to say the episode is "The Source" but it's been a while for me. Anyway, I always thought it was fun and thought it could be kind of hilarious for her to barge in on Jonathan and Martha before she meets them.

Still hunkered down as the snow falls. The kids think it's great though!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
So, Clark is going with the traditional costume... er... uniform, then. Tarzan would've been fun. evil Maybe he can give Lois a fashion show later on. You know, after she slaps him silly for announcing himself to the world as a hero without telling her first.

He's sure taking a lot of chances. Putting himself out there more than he does in canon. The truck rescue. Cleaning up his apartment.

Perry is a cruel boss. You totally had me riding on Clark's pity wagon. And then for Clark to turn the tables on Lois in the same way. Oooooh. He's going to have to be careful when she pays him back.

This passage made me pause, only because it sounds as if Clark is blowing off Lois's request to see him the next night:
"We should celebrate. Dinner tonight?"

"I wish I could, but my parents flew in this morning," he said regretfully. Dinner with Lois sounded wonderful.

"Tomorrow then?"

Clark smiled apologetically. "Mom's already committed to cooking something."

"Okay, well, a rain-check then," she compromised.
He said 'no', and then when she suggests the next night, he says 'no, my mom's cooking.' ie. turning down tomorrow night as well.

It sounds almost as if he's blowing her off to spend time with his folks 2 nights in a row. I don't know how normal people do dating, but shouldn't he have invited her to join them? Especially after telling her that his mom flew in just to make him a home-cooked meal. "Enjoy your take-out again, Lois. What is it 100th night in a row?" I guess most people would've said it was too early in their relationship to meet Clark's folks, but he could've at least offered. It almost (almost because I know that's not his or your motivation behind it) sounds as if he DOESN'T want Lois there.

Of course, he then compounds this by:
Two days passed in this fashion. Martha worked on costumes during the day when she could, or in the early evenings as Clark tried on some of her finished creations.
Making it sound as if he's ditching Lois (as his girlfriend) 3 nights in a row now.

Makes total sense why she dropped by unannounced at 5am. Probably just double checking that it really IS his parents visiting and not his fiancee or some blonde. What? Have you met Sam Lane? It could totally happen. How else could he have gotten his apartment cleaned so quickly? Clearly, he had help.

Am I the only one curious what Lois found out about Lex Luthor?

Okay, I totally get your concerns. I hadn't really thought about it like that. Maybe I'll write something in when I prep it for the archive. I did think of the whole "it could be too early for Lois to jump on a chance to meet the parents" thing. But I'm not a good judge of that. My husband met my family on our second date when he came to pick me up. And we were engaged after only 6 1/2 months of dating. So...yeah. I'm not sure what "normal" people's timelines look like.

Plus, it was too enticing to have Lois walk in on his whole family sleeping. Almost as good as the cross-dresser thing!

I agree - Tarzan could have been fun. devil

I had fun making Perry kind of play with Clark there. I like when the Chief's sense of humor comes out. And, let's face it, it's fun watching Clark do the same to Lois, right? evil

Lex won't physically appear again, but he's lurking in the shadows...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.
"Clark, your mother is right. If you really want to go through with this, an outfit like that will do the job," Jonathan offered. "It's just missing something."

"Modesty?" Clark offered in a limp attempt at humor.
rotflol

I lol'ed at this. The suit doesn't leave much to the imagination. What I look forward to is seeing Lois's reaction.

Thank God for that, right?! Glad you liked it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Amen to that! notworthy

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Deadly Chakram

Yes! I needed something a little extra! Thanks so much!

You're totally welcome! All the feedback is helping my muse keep warm! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
To the L&C Costume Department: notworthy hail notworthy.

Very much enjoyed this chapter. I've been really liking how you write Perry...and the relationship that is already developing between him and Clark. He definitely 'got' Clark there for a minute lol. And I got a kick how Clark turned around and tried the same trick on Lois rotflol.

The switches--to having the Suit created at Clark's apartment (instead of in Smallville) and then Lois meeting Clark's parents during a random stop-by (instead of also in Smallville)--were great. It would be so awkward to 'meet the parents'...early in the morning...while stopping at your new boyfriend's house...wearing sweaty jogging clothes blush shock laugh, but I think as well as it went, really, is a testament to the comfort this Lois and Clark have in themselves and also each other. And she's heading back over for dinner tonight clap.

My husband met my parents for the first time about a month after we started dating. But, boy, we sure 'welcomed' him into the family when he met them, LOL grin. My family (and father's extended large family) love to deer hunt. Early December, each year, the whole family go down and stay together at my grandparents farm for the weekend (during hunting season). And let me repeat: whole family thumbsup. Well...my husband loved to deer hunt...and Laura thought 'what perfect timing'... smile. Hubby met my parents, and sister, literally, in the garage as everyone was bringing in their overnight bags. It was so cold--and then so warm in the garage--that both of my parents glasses had fogged over, blinding them momentarily, when hubby walked over to shake their hands. Then...we--me, sister, mom, dad, hubby, and about 25 family members, proceeded to camp out all together in bedrooms, on sofas, on roll-away beds, and on sleeping bags for the next two nights laugh. Yep...hubby saw my parents in their pjs about an hour after meeting them blush.

Amazingly, and probably surprisingly, it was not an awkward weekend. Everything clicked. Especially my dad (who never had a son) and the hubby. They spent the whole weekend walking through the farm fields, talking, hunting a little bit, and becoming friends. Hubby and me joked--afterwards on the drive home--that everything (family-wise) would be cake from then on out wink.

How much snow did you end up with DC? It's been amazing watching the totals come in (from landlocked here in the center of the country). The most snow I can remember in a storm--around here--was about a foot. It'd be (kinda ) interesting to experience a BIG snowstorm (once wink ).

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
To the L&C Costume Department: notworthy hail notworthy.

Very much enjoyed this chapter. I've been really liking how you write Perry...and the relationship that is already developing between him and Clark. He definitely 'got' Clark there for a minute lol. And I got a kick how Clark turned around and tried the same trick on Lois rotflol.

The switches--to having the Suit created at Clark's apartment (instead of in Smallville) and then Lois meeting Clark's parents during a random stop-by (instead of also in Smallville)--were great. It would be so awkward to 'meet the parents'...early in the morning...while stopping at your new boyfriend's house...wearing sweaty jogging clothes blush shock laugh, but I think as well as it went, really, is a testament to the comfort this Lois and Clark have in themselves and also each other. And she's heading back over for dinner tonight clap.

My husband met my parents for the first time about a month after we started dating. But, boy, we sure 'welcomed' him into the family when he met them, LOL grin. My family (and father's extended large family) love to deer hunt. Early December, each year, the whole family go down and stay together at my grandparents farm for the weekend (during hunting season). And let me repeat: whole family thumbsup. Well...my husband loved to deer hunt...and Laura thought 'what perfect timing'... smile. Hubby met my parents, and sister, literally, in the garage as everyone was bringing in their overnight bags. It was so cold--and then so warm in the garage--that both of my parents glasses had fogged over, blinding them momentarily, when hubby walked over to shake their hands. Then...we--me, sister, mom, dad, hubby, and about 25 family members, proceeded to camp out all together in bedrooms, on sofas, on roll-away beds, and on sleeping bags for the next two nights laugh. Yep...hubby saw my parents in their pjs about an hour after meeting them blush.

Amazingly, and probably surprisingly, it was not an awkward weekend. Everything clicked. Especially my dad (who never had a son) and the hubby. They spent the whole weekend walking through the farm fields, talking, hunting a little bit, and becoming friends. Hubby and me joked--afterwards on the drive home--that everything (family-wise) would be cake from then on out wink.

How much snow did you end up with DC? It's been amazing watching the totals come in (from landlocked here in the center of the country). The most snow I can remember in a storm--around here--was about a foot. It'd be (kinda ) interesting to experience a BIG snowstorm (once wink ).

Laura

Glad you liked it! Perry can be a lot of fun to write - particularly when he's either in the know about Clark or when he's being playful. I liked getting the chance to let Clark trick/play with Lois too.

Poor Lois, but she kind of deserved what she got, right? She should have called ahead. Oh well. At least the introductions are over, right?

My husband met my mom the morning of our first date. We were supposed to go to the zoo but it looked like rain, so he came in so we could figure out what we wanted to do. (We went and the day turned out gorgeous.) My sister worked membership at the zoo at that time, so we ran into her near the elephant house. And when my husband brought me home, my dad was home and showed my husband a shortcut to get over the bridge back to his own house. Poor guy was slightly overwhelmed - thank God he stuck around!

Snow wasn't bad here. I'm up near Hartford. We got a couple of inches - just enough to cover my ankles. My poor Bronx friends/family got walloped though! Not like a couple of years ago when we got 32 inches!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard