Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ah-ha! The idea for Superman has been planted!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I still don't know how he got out of that one scott free. If he creates Superman won't people recall that young dark haired man who survived being hit by a truck without getting a scratch? Then, again, Lois got away with it as UW.

So, is Lois feeling obligated to Clark because he saved her life? Hmmmm. Will she latch onto him instead of her usual latching on to Superman, because Clark saved her first? Nice of her to invite him over to eat at her place. Is she planning on saving his life so the debt is repaid by trying to kill him with her cooking first? peep

There's too much time between Saturdays.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I still don't know how he got out of that one scott free. If he creates Superman won't people recall that young dark haired man who survived being hit by a truck without getting a scratch? Then, again, Lois got away with it as UW.

So, is Lois feeling obligated to Clark because he saved her life? Hmmmm. Will she latch onto him instead of her usual latching on to Superman, because Clark saved her first? Nice of her to invite him over to eat at her place. Is she planning on saving his life so the debt is repaid by trying to kill him with her cooking first? peep

There's too much time between Saturdays.

wave

Well, I envisioned it like the truck was slowing enough that it wouldn't have been totally suspicious for Clark to not become road pizza. And just because he *wants* to create Superman doesn't mean he will. Or do it anytime soon. Or create a different type of Superman. wink

I wouldn't say Lois is feeling obligated toward Clark. But the experience *did* open her eyes to how good of a guy he really is. So it will speed up the whole "best friends, maybe more" aspect. And there's no Superman to latch onto, so...yeah, Clark's looking enticing. The dinner was a genuine "thank you, and by the way, I'm not letting you spend any more not existent paychecks." Lois is definitely not going to kill him with her home cooking! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
She invited him over hyper dance twins ! Woo-hoo grin!

I'm really enjoying the evolution of their friendship...how these changes to canon have enabled them to come together more quickly. The rescue was a nice wake up call to Lois, to really 'see' what is in front of her. I'm loving her willingness to bring Clark into her life smile.

So Clark has the wardrobe idea, he has the apartment, he seems to have an Almost Best Friend ( smile1 clap ). Things are going quite well for him. I'm assuming since he's getting a locker, a job is soon to follow, too.

I'm really getting curious how you will handle Superman. Clark and Lois are definitely so much 'closer' than they were when Superman appears in the show. Maybe that will cause him not to have the same type of effect on Lois?

Clark's 'Super Renovation' that appears in the show might be kinda tricky. It seems like they are moving towards spending free time together--movie/pizza evenings, etc--so Lois is pretty likely to notice a very quick turnaround in Clark's living conditions laugh.

Well, I sure am looking forward to an evening at Lois'!
Great job smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
She invited him over hyper dance twins ! Woo-hoo grin!

I'm really enjoying the evolution of their friendship...how these changes to canon have enabled them to come together more quickly. The rescue was a nice wake up call to Lois, to really 'see' what is in front of her. I'm loving her willingness to bring Clark into her life smile.

So Clark has the wardrobe idea, he has the apartment, he seems to have an Almost Best Friend ( smile1 clap ). Things are going quite well for him. I'm assuming since he's getting a locker, a job is soon to follow, too.

I'm really getting curious how you will handle Superman. Clark and Lois are definitely so much 'closer' than they were when Superman appears in the show. Maybe that will cause him not to have the same type of effect on Lois?

Clark's 'Super Renovation' that appears in the show might be kinda tricky. It seems like they are moving towards spending free time together--movie/pizza evenings, etc--so Lois is pretty likely to notice a very quick turnaround in Clark's living conditions laugh.

Well, I sure am looking forward to an evening at Lois'!
Great job smile
Laura

Glad you're enjoying it. The little changes sure do have big effects, huh?

The super renovation can always been explained away. After all, there are services out there that can help - professional painters and cleaners - luckily for Clark! smile And I think Lois will just be happy that he's not living in a ramshackle hotel. wink

Superman is definitely brewing in Clark's mind. But how will he deal with it? That's the big question, isn't it? laugh As for Lois, well, that's actually *not* the point of the story, so, while I touch on it, it won't be a huge issue. I have a different story in mind to tell.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ah--good point! He hired a crew to get it fixed up ASAP/etc. Makes sense clap...

Superman is definitely brewing in Clark's mind. But how will he deal with it? That's the big question, isn't it? laugh As for Lois, well, that's actually *not* the point of the story, so, while I touch on it, it won't be a huge issue. I have a different story in mind to tell.

Well, I'm sure intregued by this paragraph! notworthy

Can't wait for more,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Clark is definitely lucky that more people didn't question his lack of major injuries after having been hit by a truck - problem averted! grin The scene with Lois haggling with the landlord over the apartment rent is great - it completely captures her spunk. Here's hoping for a nice, romantic meal in the next part. wink

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Clark is definitely lucky that more people didn't question his lack of major injuries after having been hit by a truck - problem averted! grin The scene with Lois haggling with the landlord over the apartment rent is great - it completely captures her spunk. Here's hoping for a nice, romantic meal in the next part. wink

Well, my thoughts were that the truck was going slow enough that it wouldn't raise eyebrows too much. Kinda like when Clark got hit by the car in ASU.

I'm glad you liked the rent scene. I had so much fun crafting that as a way for Lois to shine and prove her burgeoning friendship with Clark.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Lois, where were you when I was looking for an apartment in the early 90's? My old landlord was a creep. Things would have been very different if I had handled negotiations like that. Clark should consider himself lucky to have such a friend.

Hmmm, at the rate they are going Lex Luthor does not stand a chance!

I have always loved Clark's place, it was warm and cozy, but Lois's home was very bland.

Perry's advice was priceless.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Lois, where were you when I was looking for an apartment in the early 90's? My old landlord was a creep. Things would have been very different if I had handled negotiations like that. Clark should consider himself lucky to have such a friend.

Hmmm, at the rate they are going Lex Luthor does not stand a chance!

I have always loved Clark's place, it was warm and cozy, but Lois's home was very bland.

Perry's advice was priceless.

rotflol

I've always loved Clark's place too. As a kid, I always hoped I'd have a place like his some day. Lois' place always felt far less comfortable than Clark's - I imagine Lois as purposefully making it so. After all, her place was a place to sleep and shower, otherwise her life was at the Planet.

Oh, Lex certainly won't be an issue for Lois!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard