Print Thread
#268544 01/10/16 01:44 AM
N
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
N
Place for comments!

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am sooooo ready for the last part. Please!

Love this chapter, love you description of Clark's nervousness handing over the manuscript.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a difference a chapter makes! I wasn't at all sure that they'd get together by Chapter 14. So glad to appear to be wrong. I love this chapter! dance

The way Superman "broke the sound barrier" in the show always seemed more like a joke to me, mostly a play on words. I like your solution better.

I also love how nervous Clark was when giving Lois the manuscript, and glad to see her reaction.

the time she’d said Superman was the “before” and Clark was the “way, way after"

Typo? The quote from the show is Clark was the "before" and Superman the "way, way after."

Looking forward to the final chapter. Any chance of an early posting? grovel

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I like Clark's novel approach to his reveal. clap This way Lois sees how hurt Clark was and why he reacted the way he did, if not more so than him lying to her hurt her. Also, he's not in the room to immediately hit with that Kyrptonite spiked bat she keeps in her bedroom for protection. Good thing it was an interesting read and Lois didn't put it down after a couple of pages, saying "Ugh. Why is Clark making me read his awful book?"

I'm glad the characters have decided to forgive each other for their past wrongs and move forward. Although, I do think it might still have been a little early for Clark to press his suit (express that he's still in love with her and want to pursue a relationship, not ironing). That's certainly risking everything all at once. If that doesn't show trust in Lois, I don't know what else would.

I wonder if she'll respond in kind and show him her novel. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
I agree with Virginia - this is a good way to do the reveal. Letting her read the book takes time and gives a sense of emotional distance. It would allow Lois time to process her reaction to the news rather than requiring her to respond immediately (which, in the heat of the moment, often doesn't work out well). Looking forward to the last part. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I loved the shout out to one of my favorite Clark Kent AUs with the author being one of the Clark aliases and the "normal man" being Jerome (which was Superman/Alt-Clark's alias).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love this! clap clap clap

What a fantastic chapter. What you kept from the episode of the show (and what you left out/changed) really added so much. I like how you handled everything...and I also enjoyed how you kept things--like that lovely flirty banter about Lois being Clark's date (as they leave the ceremony) in tact.

I have to agree--Clark giving Lois the manuscript is an excellent idea. Lois tends to always do that 'jump before checking the water level' thing, and combine that with feeling like her best friend has been lying to her? Face to face probably isn't the best way to go smile. Time to process, examine the 'facts', feel what needs to be felt--Clark 'gave' all of this to Lois.

Now she can go to him when she is ready... hyper.

And that is what I'm so excited to read about!

Post--please! grovel

Great, great job smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Just caught up with your story. I love your take on the almost wedding. You're right - it's odd that Clark bounces just back to being friends after Lois has hurt him so badly. I like your version much better. You did a great job portraying how heart-broken both Lois and Clark are.
I am eagerly waiting for that last chapter.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
N
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
N
Sweet! Thanks, y'all!

I love the novel! Having CK write a thinly fictionalized version of events and giving it to Lois was actually the seed of this fic. Well, that and being annoyed over the whole sweeping issues under the rug thing. I think that time to process and a backstory is a huge part of what's needed--well, and obviously it creates all sorts of trust issues when Lois finds out vs. having Clark tell her. I love that CK realizes he rushed her before and tries to keep from making the same mistake twice. Ending things this way made me quite cheerful.

I'll make sure to add a nice couple of sentences re-affirming Clark's rationale pre-Kerths re: giving Lois the manuscript so hopefully it will feel less abrupt. All y'all's comments sparked a discussion in our house about how different life experiences affect how people read. My husband and I went from not talking for a year to talking about marriage in a very short time, so I have no problems with L&C moving forward quickly once they've fixed their issues smile It's the whole not fixing issues and still moving forward quickly that drives me nuts!

Cuidadora, thanks for catching that typo! I fixed it. Obviously, I didn't post early. I honestly didn't even think about it. Sorry!

Virginia, I love the "Kyrptonite spiked bat"! I would hope that Clark's nervousness would be enough to drive her to read the whole thing even if it was wretched smile I mean, really, when in the show do you see Clark that visibly nervous?

Christina, which fic was that? Must have slid into my subconscious smile I did use Knight as a last name b/c I love HappyGirl's "Man Under the Suit"--such a good fic!

Bakasi, thanks for the comment! Glad you're enjoying the fic! Hopefully all the heartbreak gets sufficiently processed by the end to provide a better foundation for L&C and a more satisfying resolution for the rest of us smile

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard