Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Spending the weekend out of town, so I figured I'd post early, just in case I don't get another chance. If I have time, I may post another chapter tomorrow as a bonus.

Enjoy!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh. A new beginning. I like how you show him living in Paris. It explains how he learned about the great boulangerie (pardon my lack of French spelling), there.

Yea! Clark came to Metropolis and NO Lex Luthor interruptus (and space ship stories) to get in the way of Lois and Clark's partnership. Two months free. Ouch. Good thing he can fly home for meals. I wonder what he'll find at the beauty pageant. I have this strange feeling it won't be just a puff piece.

I wonder if Clark thought of his (birth) mother when he saw the pregnant woman hostage at the bank robbery. I don't know why, but I did. Lara wasn't pregnant (and didn't give birth) when she arrived at the Kents, but for some reason I could picture Clark seeing her in this light. Also, that was a scummy crook!

Will Clark develop Superman in this dimension? Was the blanket that Lara had him wrapped in the one with his family crest on it? Where is Lex Luthor and why isn't he doing his usual taking-over-the world thing? Very suspicious, if you ask me.

I like this new introduction to Lois and Clark. It gives them a chance to bond as friends before Superman (if he ever does) makes an appearance.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Great part! Clark's homesickness, the sense that he was searching for something that he had yet to find anywhere in the world, felt very realistic. You've also created an interesting alternate beginning to Lois and Clark's relationship. She's not as antagonistic as she was in the Pilot - I'm wondering if you're going to reveal something in her backstory that changed her initial attitude towards him. It also provides for a more interesting story to read because it's not obvious where you're headed. Hopefully we'll get another bonus part this weekend! grovel

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Ooooh. A new beginning. I like how you show him living in Paris. It explains how he learned about the great boulangerie (pardon my lack of French spelling), there.

Yea! Clark came to Metropolis and NO Lex Luthor interruptus (and space ship stories) to get in the way of Lois and Clark's partnership. Two months free. Ouch. Good thing he can fly home for meals. I wonder what he'll find at the beauty pageant. I have this strange feeling it won't be just a puff piece.

I wonder if Clark thought of his (birth) mother when he saw the pregnant woman hostage at the bank robbery. I don't know why, but I did. Lara wasn't pregnant (and didn't give birth) when she arrived at the Kents, but for some reason I could picture Clark seeing her in this light. Also, that was a scummy crook!

Will Clark develop Superman in this dimension? Was the blanket that Lara had him wrapped in the one with his family crest on it? Where is Lex Luthor and why isn't he doing his usual taking-over-the world thing? Very suspicious, if you ask me.

I like this new introduction to Lois and Clark. It gives them a chance to bond as friends before Superman (if he ever does) makes an appearance.

Hi, Virginia! wave

Glad you liked the installment. Clark really hasn't given too much thought to his birth parents since he learned about their deaths. And he's got no globe/globe messages in this universe. (No need to since the Els intended on being alive to raise Clark and all.)

Superman will appear in this universe. Under different circumstances, but he'll be there.

Where there's a Clark, there's a Lex.

Two months free, but at least he can have all the crummy break room coffee he can stomach? And all the Lois staring he can discreetly do?

laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Great part! Clark's homesickness, the sense that he was searching for something that he had yet to find anywhere in the world, felt very realistic. You've also created an interesting alternate beginning to Lois and Clark's relationship. She's not as antagonistic as she was in the Pilot - I'm wondering if you're going to reveal something in her backstory that changed her initial attitude towards him. It also provides for a more interesting story to read because it's not obvious where you're headed. Hopefully we'll get another bonus part this weekend! grovel

Thank you! smile

Nothing all that different about this Lois. I just figured the different circumstances to Clark's entrance into her life could change her attitude a bit.

Since I'm online and it's after midnight where I am...I may as well post the next installment. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is great!!!

I am really enjoying the feel of this story. The style and how you are writing it. The subtle differences here and there--Lois and Clark's first day working together, how they are talking and relating to each other, Clark's offer to work for free. It's enough 'change' to really make the beginning of a story we all know so well seem very fresh and new. You completely have me guessing what's coming up...will it be what I know from the show or something different?

Also, really enjoying the dialogue between all the characters. It sounds very real, and it makes the scenes very easy to picture in my head while reading.

Oh--and Lois mistaking Clark's last name for "Kemp". rotflol clap lol. GREAT detail. Loved it!

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
This is great!!!

I am really enjoying the feel of this story. The style and how you are writing it. The subtle differences here and there--Lois and Clark's first day working together, how they are talking and relating to each other, Clark's offer to work for free. It's enough 'change' to really make the beginning of a story we all know so well seem very fresh and new. You completely have me guessing what's coming up...will it be what I know from the show or something different?

Also, really enjoying the dialogue between all the characters. It sounds very real, and it makes the scenes very easy to picture in my head while reading.

Oh--and Lois mistaking Clark's last name for "Kemp". rotflol clap lol. GREAT detail. Loved it!

Laura

Thanks, Laura! I hate retelling the same story in exactly the same way, unless it's specifically episode-related. I like to give something "fresh" to the readers, so to speak, even it's just subtle differences here and there to make it something a little more unique.

Glad you're enjoying the story so far and that you like the dialogue. Lois and Clark are so easy to write for! smile

More to come on the weekend...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard