Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#268492 01/08/16 03:07 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, it wound up being shorter than I'd anticipated, but even my twisted muse couldn't stand it long in Luthor's head! grin

Muse: help

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Dear Lex, you should have kept in mind the circumstances of Caesar's demise, too... Maybe it would have made you keep an eye on your "trusty" Mrs. Cox wink

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That was fun! You've really captured Lex's arrogance well.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I agree. Lex's arrogance shall be his downfall. He sees himself as infallible that, of course, he will lose by making one little mistake.

I like the backstory you've created for Lex, preying on the other kids around him. I'm guessing that the snacks and drinks he sold in middle school were those he had stolen from others.

From Lex's description of Lois, it's kind of hard to see what use he'll have of her now that he has bent her in his direction. She will no longer be much of a plaything for him; he'll find her boring and he'll discard her. Very sad. (Glad that this isn't the way things turned out.)

Wow, display Superman's bones. Eek! That's just gross, but it's amazing what rich collectors have in their collections.

When did Lex become head of Intergang? I thought it was run by Bill Church, and family. Are you surmising that Church was merely the 2nd in command, who took over after Lex's demise, instead of this being a rival criminal organization out to take over the world?

Good job at Lex's voice in this story. You got his cockiness down pat! thumbsup

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow!

Lex thinks that capturing Superman and watching him die will be his finest hour. Ha! It is the beginning of the end for him and his dreams.

This was amazing to read! Thanks!

One quibble: Lex was planning on taking over Intergang next? Wasn't that somebody else's turf? huh

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
This is a great look at the story from Lex's perspective. That's the one thing I really liked about Smallville - getting to see Lex in his formative years, the events that created the person he became. This story does that, too. smile I like that it ended while Lex is still on top - before Lois dumps him, before Superman escapes. It's his story, and Lex should get to be the hero. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
Dear Lex, you should have kept in mind the circumstances of Caesar's demise, too... Maybe it would have made you keep an eye on your "trusty" Mrs. Cox wink

Absolutely. But that's why we love to hate him. He's brilliantly evil, but overlooks the little things sometimes...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by scifiJoan
That was fun! You've really captured Lex's arrogance well.

Joan

Thank you! This one was hard! Lex is not easy to write for. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I agree. Lex's arrogance shall be his downfall. He sees himself as infallible that, of course, he will lose by making one little mistake.

I like the backstory you've created for Lex, preying on the other kids around him. I'm guessing that the snacks and drinks he sold in middle school were those he had stolen from others.

From Lex's description of Lois, it's kind of hard to see what use he'll have of her now that he has bent her in his direction. She will no longer be much of a plaything for him; he'll find her boring and he'll discard her. Very sad. (Glad that this isn't the way things turned out.)

Wow, display Superman's bones. Eek! That's just gross, but it's amazing what rich collectors have in their collections.

When did Lex become head of Intergang? I thought it was run by Bill Church, and family. Are you surmising that Church was merely the 2nd in command, who took over after Lex's demise, instead of this being a rival criminal organization out to take over the world?

Good job at Lex's voice in this story. You got his cockiness down pat! thumbsup

Thank you! Lex isn't easy to write!

I'm glad you liked Lex's backstory. I envisioned it more like buying snacks on the cheap and marking them up 500% like movie theaters do. As for Lois - well, I imagine it's all about "ownership" and "winning."

Intergang - I always assumed Lex was the head of it. When Jack and Clark are looking to expose "The Boss" while Lois is off preparing to marry Lex, they discover that the Boss IS Lex. I always assumed he was "The Boss" of Intergang, and that once Lex was road pizza, Bill Church moved in and took over.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Wow!

Lex thinks that capturing Superman and watching him die will be his finest hour. Ha! It is the beginning of the end for him and his dreams.

This was amazing to read! Thanks!

One quibble: Lex was planning on taking over Intergang next? Wasn't that somebody else's turf? huh

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you enjoyed it!

I always assumed Lex was the head of Intergang and that Bill Church moved in and took over after Lex died.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
This is a great look at the story from Lex's perspective. That's the one thing I really liked about Smallville - getting to see Lex in his formative years, the events that created the person he became. This story does that, too. smile I like that it ended while Lex is still on top - before Lois dumps him, before Superman escapes. It's his story, and Lex should get to be the hero. smile

Lex, the hero? In his mind - of course! laugh

Glad you enjoyed it. I liked ending with Lex thinking he's on top too, when we, the readers, know everything is about to come crashing down on him. It makes it more satisfying, I think.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
New story!
Summary: With Superman trapped in a deadly Kryptonite cage, Lex Luthor reflects before his impending marriage to Lois Lane.
Originally Posted by http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html
6. I will not gloat over my enemies' predicament before killing them.

8. After I kidnap the beautiful princess, we will be married immediately in a quiet civil ceremony, not a lavish spectacle in three weeks' time during which the final phase of my plan will be carried out.
Famous words, from the great Julius Caesar himself, a sort of role model of mine.
Funny thing, that…I once watched a documentary of histories bad persons and their psychological deficiencies and I think Lex reminded me much more of Nero instead of Julius Caesar. Or was it Caligula… Either way, Lex certainly has several issues that would require medical treatment, therapy, *and* a padded room with a locked door.

You see, I've never been your average man.
CAT: I *knew* there was a reason why Lois wants to marry him.

And, best of all, I was so good at what I did, I was always able to make everyone believe that it was their ideas, not mine.
Did he also have them buy illegal substances at parties and repurpose his female classmates for significantly less than legal purposes, sometimes even gaining blackmail material on the teachers from their activities?

And, like all intoxicating things, I was drawn to gathering as much as I could.
Maybe, had he partook more frequently in intoxicating substances, life would have been much less…stressful for Superman. OTOH, there might not have been a Superman with Lex Luthor being in power.

My very name should be branded across the universe!
NOR: Ooooh! Thank you for consolidating my new planet for me. You may leave now through the sewage exit.

Like the legendary Arthur, I had to grab hold of my destiny and pull Excalibur from the stone myself.
Actually, in most tales about Arthur was handed Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake. The sword from the stone has been a different one. But I guess likes the version where he had to take his destiny better than the one where it is handed to him.

Soon, even governments will depend on my products to survive. I will be mankind's savior. Not some outcast extraterrestrial.
SHRINK: So, Mr. Luthor, and who gave you that idea?
LEX: God did!
ONE BED OVER in the psych ward: I did no such thing!

Lois must never know that her flawed hero died at my hands.
But wouldn’t it be nice if his suit was spread underneath the wedding sheets and then, in the morning, Lois would find it?
LOIS: jawdrop Lex? You…Superman…You are *Superman*!

The days of printed journalism are numbered.
That’s not true. There will always be fish markets and bird cages and homeless people.

One of the world's greatest reporters - married to the head of Intergang, and never the wiser!
Intergang?
BILL CHURCH: Who does he think sicked Perry White on my boss's tail?

What else can explain the way he constantly used to materialize at her side? Why else would he constantly give her exclusives for the paper?
He hopes that one day he’ll be able to score with her, if only he keeps romancing her?

it's always been clear to anyone with eyes and half a functioning brain that he is completely smitten with her.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Why would he put himself through the torment of watching Lois bind herself to the superior - in every way - man?
CLARK: No, that’s not it.

Oh yes. I came. I saw. And I conquered...everything.
Several hours later…
LEX: Et tu, Lois?

Vicki, you make Lex sound like he’s not a very nice person.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
New story!

MUSE: <cracks whip> Back to work, slave!
ME: Yes, ma'am. Right away.

Funny thing, that…I once watched a documentary of histories bad persons and their psychological deficiencies and I think Lex reminded me much more of Nero instead of Julius Caesar. Or was it Caligula… Either way, Lex certainly has several issues that would require medical treatment, therapy, *and* a padded room with a locked door.

LEX: Caligula you say? <thinks about it, takes it one step further, uses all Lois clones>

CAT: I *knew* there was a reason why Lois wants to marry him.

<Spits drink, washes computer screen>

Did he also have them buy illegal substances at parties and repurpose his female classmates for significantly less than legal purposes, sometimes even gaining blackmail material on the teachers from their activities?

LEX: <smiles winningly, changes subject>

NOR: Ooooh! Thank you for consolidating my new planet for me. You may leave now through the sewage exit.

LEX: <produces hunk of Kryptonite>

Actually, in most tales about Arthur was handed Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake. The sword from the stone has been a different one. But I guess likes the version where he had to take his destiny better than the one where it is handed to him.

Definitely. It's less fun to him if he doesn't do it himself.

But wouldn’t it be nice if his suit was spread underneath the wedding sheets and then, in the morning, Lois would find it?
LOIS: jawdrop Lex? You…Superman…You are *Superman*!

LEX: All my lovers have certainly thought so.

That’s not true. There will always be fish markets and bird cages and homeless people.

And puppies to housebreak.

He hopes that one day he’ll be able to score with her, if only he keeps romancing her?

LEX: See? I'm doing the world a favor by getting rid of his xenophilia tendencies.

Vicki, you make Lex sound like he’s not a very nice person.

I know! It's almost like he's a super villain or something!

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

MUSE: <cracks whip> Back to work, slave!
ME: Yes, ma'am. Right away.
Now now, you must really talk to your muse. That’s no way to treat a writer. You have to give them treats, proper exercise, and play with them a bit.

LEX: Caligula you say? <thinks about it, takes it one step further, uses all Lois clones>
[Linked Image]

LEX: <produces hunk of Kryptonite>
NOR: [Linked Image] Can I get some help here, please?
JEN MAI: Hmm…One red sun. Two red suns. Three red suns. Okay, he’s out. Minions, please blast that man with the green rock from a safe distance. But try not to destroy his palace. I think I might like it for my throne room.

Definitely. It's less fun to him if he doesn't do it himself.
Then why is he seeking female companionship? It’s not like he talks to his girlfriends.

LEX: All my lovers have certainly thought so.
RANDOM EXPENSIVE CALLGIRL: It’s all part of the Superman’s girlfriend experience his money bought.

And puppies to housebreak.
True.
LOIS: cat

I know! It's almost like he's a super villain or something!
LEX: But I even *pay* my *taxes*! I mean, there’s that 100 million loss when I outsourced production of the coffee cups from LexBucks to LexPaper and not to mention…Oh look, the government actually owes me negative taxes for all the incurred losses.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now now, you must really talk to your muse. That’s no way to treat a writer. You have to give them treats, proper exercise, and play with them a bit.

Her idea of playing with me is refusing to let me sleep, especially if I have to get up early the next day. She likes to wait until I am in bed before she starts her games.

JEN MAI: Hmm…One red sun. Two red suns. Three red suns. Okay, he’s out. Minions, please blast that man with the green rock from a safe distance. But try not to destroy his palace. I think I might like it for my throne room.

He wants to rule Australia, huh?

Then why is he seeking female companionship? It’s not like he talks to his girlfriends.

Because not *everything* is fun to do alone?

LEX: But I even *pay* my *taxes*! I mean, there’s that 100 million loss when I outsourced production of the coffee cups from LexBucks to LexPaper and not to mention…Oh look, the government actually owes me negative taxes for all the incurred losses.

<insert random political memes here> wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Her idea of playing with me is refusing to let me sleep, especially if I have to get up early the next day. She likes to wait until I am in bed before she starts her games.
Oooooh! She sounds like a keeper clap
CLARK: Lois also likes to wait until I'm in bed before starting her games.
LOIS: How else am I supposed to B&E without Superman hovering right there next to me on the window sill?

wave Michael

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Pure, wonderful evil, DC notworthy clap notworthy clap notworthy.

You've got him...the voice, the manner in which he speaks. His thought process. It was creepy, in such a perfect way smile.

Lex certainly was at the top of his 'plan' as the first season was coming to an end. He has Kryptonite...he has Superman, in a cage made of it, no less shock. Lois has literally nothing in her life but him. I'm sure, in his mind, there was no chance that he wouldn't pull everything off.

Ha--little did he know jump thumbsup crazy.

Great job--big fan!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Pure, wonderful evil, DC notworthy clap notworthy clap notworthy.

You've got him...the voice, the manner in which he speaks. His thought process. It was creepy, in such a perfect way smile.

Lex certainly was at the top of his 'plan' as the first season was coming to an end. He has Kryptonite...he has Superman, in a cage made of it, no less shock. Lois has literally nothing in her life but him. I'm sure, in his mind, there was no chance that he wouldn't pull everything off.

Ha--little did he know jump thumbsup crazy.

Great job--big fan!
Laura

Thank you! I have to say - Lex's mind is a scary place to hang out in! Oh, no doubt about it - there's no way Lex ever imagined himself losing. He definitely held all the cards at the end. Which is exactly why he tripped up by leaving the cummerbund with Clark.

Glad you liked it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, DC, you really captured Luthor's narcissism and arrogance here -- the thing that I find intriguing about Luthor is that he thinks he can think his way to victory over anything and everything, and that is certainly at play here. It was, frankly, disturbing, which means that you've done something right, because Lex Luthor IS a disturbing extreme! So well-written, but ugh, I feel like I have to go take a shower now!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by AntiKryptonite
Wow, DC, you really captured Luthor's narcissism and arrogance here -- the thing that I find intriguing about Luthor is that he thinks he can think his way to victory over anything and everything, and that is certainly at play here. It was, frankly, disturbing, which means that you've done something right, because Lex Luthor IS a disturbing extreme! So well-written, but ugh, I feel like I have to go take a shower now!

AntiK is here! hyper

Glad you liked it. It was a bear to write, let me tell you! Lex is so slimy. I had to go off the ego angle - it was the easiest way to write this. It's fun watching him try to outthink Superman, isn't it? Because he does often come close, but it's always the little details that are "beneath him" in a way, that trip him up and cause his downfall.

I love that you found it disturbing. It was totally meant to be! wink

<hands you Purell hand lotion to clean off with>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard