#26845 12/18/05 10:03 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Hope you enjoy! smile And, by the way, I'm still taking bets on how many parts this will end up. goofy

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

M
Blogger
Blogger
M
I think it will be 52 parts wink

To me, this is the best part you've written so far. Great job! Wohooo! Yay! clap

Mona smile

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Sara, I just so love this. To me, this part of your story summarizes, on a very fundamental level, the bottom line of what Lois and Clark fiction should be about. These two people are full of fears and doubts, and they suffer from a great deal of sorrow and loneliness (well, alt-Clark certainly does). But they are also incredibly full of love and need and longing for one another. To me, the most sublime moments of this genre, the LC fanfiction, is seeing when Lois and Clark's love and longing overcomes their fears and doubts. Every time they get overwhelmed by these truly good and beautiful feelings for one another - when they are simply compelled to confess their love, to embrace and kiss, to burst into tears, to give in to their need to make love - I feel, in the words of Plato and Paul, that their love is expressing something more beautiful than you would normally find in this world - something divine, if you can stand that word. And I guess it's because I see this extreme beauty in Lois and Clark's love for one another that I've been a Lois and Clark/Superman fan for almost 37 years.

When I commented on part 23 of your story I said that I loved seeing Lois taking care of the unconscious Clark. In part 24, things get even more touching. Clark is more or less unconscious, and he is most certainly not awake, and yet he is sufficiently attuned to Lois to know that his head is resting in her lap, and that she touching and caressing him lovingly, and speaking softly to him. Clark transforms his knowledge of this tender scene between him and Lois into a dream, and then, when he starts waking up and Lois is still with him, he considers his dream a hallucination, because it is too beautiful too be true. Do I have to tell you I loved it?

And then Lois reacts to seeing Clark's love for her. It warms her heart so wonderfully and yet terrifies her to the core of her being. It shakes her so deply that she can't stand it if he doesn't explain how he can love her, and she demands an explanation from him. And he complies, even though he, too, is almost scared to death, and full of inner pain. And he finally puts it in words: How Lois sees him. Not Clark, not Superman, but him. And how she not only sees him, the true man that he is, but how she loves that man, too. And how her love makes it possible for him, for the first time since his parents died, to like himself, and accept himself, and take pleasure in being himself. And as he tells her and shows her that she has given him himself, he gives her the gift of showing her that her acceptance, her blessing, her love for him is divine. And finally, she knows, too, and embraces that love for him. The love between two people from different planets, the kind of love that encompasses the cosmos. The love that is, if you can stand the word, divine.

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. grumble

More ASAP, please.

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I agree with much of Ann's very insightful analysis posted above.

But, of course I have to add some of my own comments as well.

Clark was having the best dream. It'd started out a nightmare, one of those horrific ones in which he'd found Lois, but in mortal danger. She usually died in those dreams. But this time... this time he'd caught the bullet. In time. He'd been in time to save her. Fast enough.
This is simultaneously a very sweet and very sad passage. The damage to Clark's soul runs deep, but there is also hope that he may finally be able to heal a bit.

Her relief coursed through him as he watched the tension bleed out of her shoulders. "Oh, thank God. I was... I... Um... I was worried for a minute there that you... that I'd have to... Well, I don't think I could have carried you out when we escape."

He couldn't help but grin at her.
I also couldn't help grin at that part as well. So many things are still undefined between them, but at the very least we have two people who refusing to give up.

Clark nodded, amazed at her confidence. She was just... He had no idea how the hell they were going to get out of here, but if Lois thought they could... Well, he'd do anything for that smile.
Awww.. So sweet.

But at the same time she couldn't forget everything that had happened, as much as she would have liked to. And as much as she wanted to hold on to the sense of security the feeling brought with it, she had to keep her guard up. She had to keep that tough exterior, and not just to guard her heart. They both needed their wits about them if they wanted any chance of getting out of this alive.
That may or may not be a prudent thought for the time being. However, Lois may try to use that same reasoning even when they are not in a life-threatening situation. I sincerely hope that Clark will be able to climb over those carefully constructed barriers that Lois is working so hard to maintain.

β€œHow can you say you love me when you don't even know who I am?
Subtle reference to another 3 Doors Down song? I think that one is β€œLet Me Go.” I love that song.

All in all, I felt this is one of the best sections to date and I can’t wait for more. Even though I hope this story goes to 50+ parts, I think the smart money is on 37.

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Sorry, guys!! I was dead tired last night and I have to work all day today. smile1

Part 25 coming up soon!

Sara smile

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
I think it will be 52 parts
It's starting to look somewhere around 30ish... but you never know. laugh

To me, this is the best part you've written so far. Great job! Wohooo! Yay!
Thank you, Mona! I really means a lot that you said that!! This has become one of my favorite parts, so I'm really flattered and pleased that you liked it so much. smile

Ann... I’m really blown away by your comments. Actually, I'm a bit speechless, but I will tell you that reading your post made me cry. I'm really touched, and thank you doesn't seem like enough. blush

Em... your comments put a huge smile on my face! Thank you for all the wonderful insights. goofy

Maria, Ann, Em, Mona - thank you all SO much for the terrific comments!!! sloppy

Sara smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard