Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
You can find the hot linked list of fanfics here:

http://www.kerthawards.com/ka/2016-kerth-awards/2016-eligible-stories/

Keep in mind ...

We are missing a few URLs for some fanfics. If you have a link to where a fanfic is found please contact us with the location so the list can be updated. Also, If your fanfic is not listed and you feel it should be, again, please contact us with the fanfic name, the author name, the fanfic size, and the URL of where it’s located.

Please use the contact us page on the website for any of these issues.

The list of new authors for 2016 is still pending.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Top Banana
Top Banana
I noticed that my story 'A Short History of the Bureaus' (which is actually 'A Brief History of the Bureaus') is on the list. It was actually eligible last year.

I tried using the Contact Us page, but the ReCaptcha wasn't working and it wouldn't send my message.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have the same Captcha problem. It says it's invalid. My story "Together" should be on the list but isn't. It's been submitted to the archive and is awaiting uploading.

Thanks!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Recaptcha has been fixed. You can use the contact us now.

I need the link and other information for the eligible story so please try and submit it again.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Annie B.
I noticed that my story 'A Short History of the Bureaus' (which is actually 'A Brief History of the Bureaus') is on the list. It was actually eligible last year.

I'll get it removed in about 5 mins.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you! I was able to submit the link to the story here and give you the Word KB count this time.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Annette, thanks for all your hard work. Unfortunately, my name has once more been misspelled this year. It's VirginiaR (with 3 i's - like the state and no space before the R). The stories where my name is wrong, are: The Cabbie's Tale, Conspiracy Theory, and Kerth Ads 2015. You do have it correct for the Karaoke at the Red K Corral.

Thanks.

Also, I noticed that half of Susan Young's stories are listed under groobie instead.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
OK I think I got everything above fixed or added.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A Quiet Night in Metropolis is missing.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
P
pat Offline
Blogger
Blogger
P
A Quiet Night in Metropolis is on the website with the Q's. Personally, A Permanent Solution should be with the P's, but somehow the stories that begin with A or An get put with the A's sometimes.

However, A Scene Remembered by FarmerBabe is still missing from the website and that is FarmerBabe's (who is a new author) only story.

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Is her story on the archives? Just I know I had to request for a bunch of my stories to be eligible- they'd been posted here but hadn't been posted on the archives. If it's not on the archives and FarmerBabe didn't request for her story to be made eligible, that might be the reason it isn't on the list. (I don't know if that's the case, just a possibility)

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
P
pat Offline
Blogger
Blogger
P
No, it's not on the Archive, but was posted on the mbs and the author asked (thru her husband Shallowford who posted the story for her) that it be made eligible. It is included in the spreadsheet and Susan used it in the New Author quiz, but it never made it to the website. It's mentioned in both the Eligible Stories 2016 thread and the Kerth 2016 Eligibility By Category thread.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
So...anyone putting this together this year? Just wondering...

-Cindy

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by CLeuch
So...anyone putting this together this year? Just wondering...

-Cindy

I was wondering the same thing, actually. Was going to post asking later tonight.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
I was curious about this myself, thought maybe I'd missed it

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
All I know on this one is that Tricia has decided to bow out of organising the Kerths. She was out of town at the start of the year and asked me to let anyone who asked know that she'd deal with it on her return. As far as I know, she was supposed to be home by the end of January - but perhaps not. Anyway, she's who you need to get in touch with if you want Kerths this year and about putting together a replacement K-Comm.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for clarifying that, Labby. I wish I could help, but I'm useless with stuff like that.

I wouldn't even mind if we just did the voting and picked winners without the ceremony (even though I LOVE the ceremony). I just feel bad - as usual, we had a lot of award worthy stories last year.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
We do have a lot of award worthy stories and they should be honored.

What does everyone think? Vote and present the final winners?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Whichever way it happens, we have to do something. We can't let the Kerths die.

I'll put my hand up to compile a list of eligible stories, if that helps. It'll take me a few days though

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If anyone needs someone to make edits to the website let me know. I have a working knowledge of the following:

• HTML
  • CSS
  • JS
  • JQuery
  • Photoshop
  • Flash
  • Dreamweaver
  • Illustrator
  • Wordpress (making/editing themes)

Let me know if you need help.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Who else has been on the committee in the immediate past?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
NostalgiaKick - I can help with the list. PMing you now...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Thanks DC! I've replied.

Has anyone contacted Tricia or any of last years K-Comm since Labby's reply?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, NK and I are working on the list and archive K-counts.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Thanks for taking this on! The Kerths are a special part of this fandom, and I would hate for them to fade away. frown

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Us too! The Kerths are special and need to be preserved!

We will, however, need someone to take the list when it's done and get it onto the voting page of the Kerths site. I'm a lost cause there.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
I'm sending a message to the rest of last year's K-Comm, to see if they've got any interest or pointers smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sent a message to Tricia two days ago and did not hear anything. Will try again along with NostalgiaKick.

Morgana

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Didn't see DC's last comment (pretty sure I was commenting at the same time lol).
I feel as though if we let the Kerths die, we're basically giving up on keeping our fandom alive. They are special; it's rare that a fandom goes to the effort of giving recognition to the fanfic authors, and on top of that, they're a part of this fandom's history. And I think if we let them slide even for one year, it's going to be near to impossible to bring them back.

Just my two cents.

Also, like DC I have zero idea what to do with voting. Something else that's occurred to me is we may need admin access to the Kerth website- unless anyone has any other ideas.

I've sent messages to Tricia, Annette and Amber, just waiting on replies

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Didn't see DC's last comment (pretty sure I was commenting at the same time lol).
I feel as though if we let the Kerths die, we're basically giving up on keeping our fandom alive. They are special; it's rare that a fandom goes to the effort of giving recognition to the fanfic authors, and on top of that, they're a part of this fandom's history. And I think if we let them slide even for one year, it's going to be near to impossible to bring them back.

Just my two cents.

Also, like DC I have zero idea what to do with voting. Something else that's occurred to me is we may need admin access to the Kerth website- unless anyone has any other ideas.

I've sent messages to Tricia, Annette and Amber, just waiting on replies

Outside of having admin rights we could hold the voting on SurveyMonkey as a workaround if we can't get the admin info for the Kerth site. It would be a pain, but it could be done.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
SurveyMonkey would work; my employer uses it frequently. It wouldn't be as cool-looking as the Kerth website, but it would definitely work.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
SurveyMonkey is a good idea, thanks guys! smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm down with whatever is easiest and gets the job done! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I'm down with whatever is easiest and gets the job done! smile

Same here. If we can't get the login for the original kerthawards page. I have my loisandclarktribute.com site and WordPress blog I could add a page too if need be for having a place to put everything. I also have a free Survey Monkey account. The SurveyMonkey survey could just be embedded on the page. It wouldn't take very long once we got the list and agreed on a banner.

Again, that's IF we can't get the login info for it.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
I got a reply from Amber. She hasn't participated in or been made aware of any planning for this year, and she can't help plan due to RL commitments

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right, it's Kerth season! Oh dear! RL's so crazy and won't get better for a couple of months. I mean, I'd have time for voting, of course, but actual work assignments would be an issue right now.

Regarding the list:
Usually, it starts with the Archive database: http://www.lcfanfic.com/ficdatabase.html
Unfortunately, it's only up to date to Sept. 2015 mecry When we have the current list, there should definitely be an effort to also update the Archive database.

Voting:
In the past, there has been an effort to include non-FoLCs in the counting of the votes to ensure there is no tampering and I think Annette looked at the IP-addresses etc to ensure there's no double voting.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
DC and I are working on the eligible list, we should have it posted later this week.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Stupid question - would surveymonkey mean one round of voting or would we still do pleminary voting to narrow things down, then the final vote?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
As I understand it, we can set it up with whatever we need, so we can still do nominations before the vote. But someone more familiar with SurveyMonkey can hopefully let us know for sure.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Perfect!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Stupid question - would surveymonkey mean one round of voting or would we still do pleminary voting to narrow things down, then the final vote?

We can do as many votes (aka surveys) as we need. It'll automatically count the votes. A workaround of iP address verification could be requiring a login to vote. It let's you use your fb / Google login w/o signing up and registering.

I just started using it on our site here at work and it's really easy to use and edit with. thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
My thanks to those who are becoming the new de facto K-COMM. Someday when I retire (not too many years from now, if all goes well), I'd love to join you. But in the meantime, I'll just reiterate my gratitude that you are keeping the Kerths alive.

It let's you use your fb / Google login w/o signing up and registering.
That would mean that people like me -- who don't have (and WON'T have) social media accounts -- would not be able to vote.

Has there been any evidence in the past that anyone has ever tried to rig the Kerth elections? Perhaps I'm being naive in my thinking, but I would guess that the FoLCs here wouldn't try to do something like that. (Note how I am exercising super will power in not comparing this vote to anything that may or may not have been in the news recently. whistle )

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Has there been any evidence in the past that anyone has ever tried to rig the Kerth elections? Perhaps I'm being naive in my thinking, but I would guess that the FoLCs here wouldn't try to do something like that. (Note how I am exercising super will power in not comparing this vote to anything that may or may not have been in the news recently. whistle )

Joy,
Lynn
LOL! Thanks for that Lynn. I needed a good laugh. It was just an option. There are ways around it. This day and age I would assume everyone is trustworthy but you just never know. It looks like there is an option to fix it without requiring a login. There are several options.

See screenshot link

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
It let's you use your fb / Google login w/o signing up and registering.
That would mean that people like me -- who don't have (and WON'T have) social media accounts -- would not be able to vote.
SurveyMonkey lets you register without having a Facebook or Google account. All you need is a valid e-mail address.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OK. If we do this on SurveyMonkey will it be easier to do than IRC? That place gave my last computer a terrible virus.

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WOW! You guys are flying at warp speed! Is there anything I can do to help? Could we use the TOC listings to find the completed stories?

Morgana

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Morgana- this is just for the voting, not the ceremony

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
DC and I have found all (we think) of the eligible stories, now we're just separating them into categories. Once we've got that done, I'll post the list so everyone can check it in case there's something we've missed!

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey Labby, do you still have the spreadsheet listing all of last year's uploaded fanfic?

Next, aside from Labby gives up, a question also need to go out to all fanfic writers, via the boards, who did not get their fanfic list on lcfanfic.com in time for the end of the year. They need to supply us with the name of their fanfic and a link to where is can be found, i.e. here, or fanfic.net, etc.

Finally, you need to settle on a list of dates of deadlines and when the "ceremony", should you hold one, be held on mIRC or when you will just announce the winners.

I'm still willing to keep the site update, whomever is going to run this, needs to do the rest and communicate with everyone who will be helping.

I also need all email addresses of those who will be on the committee because there are special emails that are used for communicating, nominations, and final ballot. My ballots include IP addresses and all doubles need to be thrown out. That's usually how we combat rigging the election.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well my friends, it looks like we are going to have a Kerth Awards!!

Morgana

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Well my friends, it looks like we are going to have a Kerth Awards!!
party party

Thanks again to everyone who is making this happen.

Joy,
Lynn

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Thanks Annette! I'm willing to stay on and get this off the ground. Your help with the website would be fantastic. I'll PM you the info you need as soon as I can.

Also, as soon as I have things like dates, story list etc sorted out, I'll post them on here.

Let's do this!

Last edited by NostalgiaKick; 02/27/17 11:12 PM.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, NK, for the list help!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Annette, here's a Google sheet of stories uploaded to the archive in 2016. I copied data out of the what's new page and deleted the stories that I knew were eligible for last year's awards, but I may have missed a few.

Thanks, everyone, for keeping the Kerth tradition alive!

LaurenW

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Haha, DC I should be thanking you!

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Okay, before we go any further I'm going to put this question to everyone.

Are you content with DC and myself organising the Kerth Awards?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If anyone is willing to run the ceremony, we'd be grateful. My IRC skills are limited to logging on and talking. Plus, with NK and I having eligible stories, it would be weird/awkward for us.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am so happy to know people with the technical skills are going to handle this year's Kerths.

Morgana

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kudos to all of you. It's both heartwarming and inspiring to see such enthusiasm for the Kerths and the fandom, so long after the show aired. I have no doubts the Kerths are in good hands and that their future is assured .

Lauren, thanks for providing the list.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
A big thank you you guys for making it happen.

SJH- still here, still reading

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I just got done reading through this thread. Seriously guys...I have goosebumps grin. A-mazing! I can not tell you all how happy and proud I am of this fandom, and of all the wonderful fans of this show. It's been so many years--and the fact that you all care about L&C as much as I always have? notworthy notworthy notworthy

Thank you--SO MUCH--for keeping the Kerths alive. I have to agree...loosing the Kerths, IMO, would be the first step in letting this wonderful community fade away. Traditions start to slide and then? Yeah...I would really start to worry about what would be next mecry.

I know I haven't been around too much lately--and it's definitely not been for lack of wanting to. I still check in every day, even if it's really quick wink. And there are SO many posted stories that I'm dying to read!

I'm pretty much technically clueless dizzy --but, you have my full support as a fan. I can't wait to vote, etc. And I really can't wait to see all the talented stories from last year shine smile.

Thanks DC! Thanks Feli! sloppy You guys are going to do 'Super'! (Could not resist wink )

And here's to another year of Kerths! Woo-hoo clap
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 02/28/17 01:30 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Feli,

As I am sure you are aware, Morgana approached me, but I am not a Web head. I'm a server jock. I am glad you are able to help.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Lauren- thanks very much for the list! I've cross-checked it against previous years and the list we've been working on and there were some we missed.

The draft list is almost complete; with luck it will be up in the next day or two.

Thank you to everyone that's offered help, encouragement and support.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Thank you all for your efforts in putting this together. FoLCs are the best! Looking forward to Kerth season!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Lauren! Any and all help is appreciated.

Feli's list looks awesome. Can't wait to see it posted!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard