Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Stupid question - would surveymonkey mean one round of voting or would we still do pleminary voting to narrow things down, then the final vote?

We can do as many votes (aka surveys) as we need. It'll automatically count the votes. A workaround of iP address verification could be requiring a login to vote. It let's you use your fb / Google login w/o signing up and registering.

I just started using it on our site here at work and it's really easy to use and edit with. thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
My thanks to those who are becoming the new de facto K-COMM. Someday when I retire (not too many years from now, if all goes well), I'd love to join you. But in the meantime, I'll just reiterate my gratitude that you are keeping the Kerths alive.

It let's you use your fb / Google login w/o signing up and registering.
That would mean that people like me -- who don't have (and WON'T have) social media accounts -- would not be able to vote.

Has there been any evidence in the past that anyone has ever tried to rig the Kerth elections? Perhaps I'm being naive in my thinking, but I would guess that the FoLCs here wouldn't try to do something like that. (Note how I am exercising super will power in not comparing this vote to anything that may or may not have been in the news recently. whistle )

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Has there been any evidence in the past that anyone has ever tried to rig the Kerth elections? Perhaps I'm being naive in my thinking, but I would guess that the FoLCs here wouldn't try to do something like that. (Note how I am exercising super will power in not comparing this vote to anything that may or may not have been in the news recently. whistle )

Joy,
Lynn
LOL! Thanks for that Lynn. I needed a good laugh. It was just an option. There are ways around it. This day and age I would assume everyone is trustworthy but you just never know. It looks like there is an option to fix it without requiring a login. There are several options.

See screenshot link

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
It let's you use your fb / Google login w/o signing up and registering.
That would mean that people like me -- who don't have (and WON'T have) social media accounts -- would not be able to vote.
SurveyMonkey lets you register without having a Facebook or Google account. All you need is a valid e-mail address.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OK. If we do this on SurveyMonkey will it be easier to do than IRC? That place gave my last computer a terrible virus.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WOW! You guys are flying at warp speed! Is there anything I can do to help? Could we use the TOC listings to find the completed stories?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Morgana- this is just for the voting, not the ceremony

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
DC and I have found all (we think) of the eligible stories, now we're just separating them into categories. Once we've got that done, I'll post the list so everyone can check it in case there's something we've missed!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hey Labby, do you still have the spreadsheet listing all of last year's uploaded fanfic?

Next, aside from Labby gives up, a question also need to go out to all fanfic writers, via the boards, who did not get their fanfic list on lcfanfic.com in time for the end of the year. They need to supply us with the name of their fanfic and a link to where is can be found, i.e. here, or fanfic.net, etc.

Finally, you need to settle on a list of dates of deadlines and when the "ceremony", should you hold one, be held on mIRC or when you will just announce the winners.

I'm still willing to keep the site update, whomever is going to run this, needs to do the rest and communicate with everyone who will be helping.

I also need all email addresses of those who will be on the committee because there are special emails that are used for communicating, nominations, and final ballot. My ballots include IP addresses and all doubles need to be thrown out. That's usually how we combat rigging the election.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well my friends, it looks like we are going to have a Kerth Awards!!

Morgana

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Well my friends, it looks like we are going to have a Kerth Awards!!
party party

Thanks again to everyone who is making this happen.

Joy,
Lynn

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Thanks Annette! I'm willing to stay on and get this off the ground. Your help with the website would be fantastic. I'll PM you the info you need as soon as I can.

Also, as soon as I have things like dates, story list etc sorted out, I'll post them on here.

Let's do this!

Last edited by NostalgiaKick; 02/27/17 11:12 PM.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, NK, for the list help!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Annette, here's a Google sheet of stories uploaded to the archive in 2016. I copied data out of the what's new page and deleted the stories that I knew were eligible for last year's awards, but I may have missed a few.

Thanks, everyone, for keeping the Kerth tradition alive!

LaurenW

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Haha, DC I should be thanking you!

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Okay, before we go any further I'm going to put this question to everyone.

Are you content with DC and myself organising the Kerth Awards?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If anyone is willing to run the ceremony, we'd be grateful. My IRC skills are limited to logging on and talking. Plus, with NK and I having eligible stories, it would be weird/awkward for us.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am so happy to know people with the technical skills are going to handle this year's Kerths.

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Kudos to all of you. It's both heartwarming and inspiring to see such enthusiasm for the Kerths and the fandom, so long after the show aired. I have no doubts the Kerths are in good hands and that their future is assured .

Lauren, thanks for providing the list.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
A big thank you you guys for making it happen.

SJH- still here, still reading

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard