Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Who else has been on the committee in the immediate past?

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
NostalgiaKick - I can help with the list. PMing you now...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Thanks DC! I've replied.

Has anyone contacted Tricia or any of last years K-Comm since Labby's reply?

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, NK and I are working on the list and archive K-counts.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Thanks for taking this on! The Kerths are a special part of this fandom, and I would hate for them to fade away. frown

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Us too! The Kerths are special and need to be preserved!

We will, however, need someone to take the list when it's done and get it onto the voting page of the Kerths site. I'm a lost cause there.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
I'm sending a message to the rest of last year's K-Comm, to see if they've got any interest or pointers smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sent a message to Tricia two days ago and did not hear anything. Will try again along with NostalgiaKick.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Didn't see DC's last comment (pretty sure I was commenting at the same time lol).
I feel as though if we let the Kerths die, we're basically giving up on keeping our fandom alive. They are special; it's rare that a fandom goes to the effort of giving recognition to the fanfic authors, and on top of that, they're a part of this fandom's history. And I think if we let them slide even for one year, it's going to be near to impossible to bring them back.

Just my two cents.

Also, like DC I have zero idea what to do with voting. Something else that's occurred to me is we may need admin access to the Kerth website- unless anyone has any other ideas.

I've sent messages to Tricia, Annette and Amber, just waiting on replies

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Didn't see DC's last comment (pretty sure I was commenting at the same time lol).
I feel as though if we let the Kerths die, we're basically giving up on keeping our fandom alive. They are special; it's rare that a fandom goes to the effort of giving recognition to the fanfic authors, and on top of that, they're a part of this fandom's history. And I think if we let them slide even for one year, it's going to be near to impossible to bring them back.

Just my two cents.

Also, like DC I have zero idea what to do with voting. Something else that's occurred to me is we may need admin access to the Kerth website- unless anyone has any other ideas.

I've sent messages to Tricia, Annette and Amber, just waiting on replies

Outside of having admin rights we could hold the voting on SurveyMonkey as a workaround if we can't get the admin info for the Kerth site. It would be a pain, but it could be done.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Top Banana
Top Banana
SurveyMonkey would work; my employer uses it frequently. It wouldn't be as cool-looking as the Kerth website, but it would definitely work.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
SurveyMonkey is a good idea, thanks guys! smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm down with whatever is easiest and gets the job done! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I'm down with whatever is easiest and gets the job done! smile

Same here. If we can't get the login for the original kerthawards page. I have my loisandclarktribute.com site and WordPress blog I could add a page too if need be for having a place to put everything. I also have a free Survey Monkey account. The SurveyMonkey survey could just be embedded on the page. It wouldn't take very long once we got the list and agreed on a banner.

Again, that's IF we can't get the login info for it.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
I got a reply from Amber. She hasn't participated in or been made aware of any planning for this year, and she can't help plan due to RL commitments

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right, it's Kerth season! Oh dear! RL's so crazy and won't get better for a couple of months. I mean, I'd have time for voting, of course, but actual work assignments would be an issue right now.

Regarding the list:
Usually, it starts with the Archive database: http://www.lcfanfic.com/ficdatabase.html
Unfortunately, it's only up to date to Sept. 2015 mecry When we have the current list, there should definitely be an effort to also update the Archive database.

Voting:
In the past, there has been an effort to include non-FoLCs in the counting of the votes to ensure there is no tampering and I think Annette looked at the IP-addresses etc to ensure there's no double voting.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
DC and I are working on the eligible list, we should have it posted later this week.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Stupid question - would surveymonkey mean one round of voting or would we still do pleminary voting to narrow things down, then the final vote?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
As I understand it, we can set it up with whatever we need, so we can still do nominations before the vote. But someone more familiar with SurveyMonkey can hopefully let us know for sure.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Perfect!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard