Print Thread
#268356 01/03/16 05:18 PM
N
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
N
Place for comments!

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes! Lois is finally learning how her rush to rashness is affecting her life negatively. The question now is how will she proceed and convince Clark to forgive her for treating him so badly.

Clark's considering telling Lois the truth? That seems like a strange jump from giving up on her completely (i.e. turning in his resignation). Good for Martha to finally knock some sense into her son. Will he actually go through with this decision, though?

On the edge of my seat with anticipation.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ooooooo, they are both right on the edge of making the correct choices ... please let them talk in the next chapter.

I also want to see some kisses and some happiness for these two.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, wow! Love this! I'm really impressed by how much hope you have broughten into this chapter--from 'where' we were just a chapter ago.

Martha is amazing. I really liked her conversation with Clark, how she brought a lot of reality to the forefront.

It's quite a change--from Clark wanting to leave, to now telling Lois the truth about himself. BUT...Clark's secret has been something that has come between them from the very beginning. He can't expect truth and honesty from Lois, when he's not (and has never) been completely himself around her.

Very much looking forward to some honest conversation. Very excited to read more!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 01/04/16 02:49 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
N
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
N
I like this chapter too. smile But I don't think they could have been pushed into making decisions about their relationship without the pressure of the previous chapter, which is why I loved that chapter.

Well, hopefully, theoretically, since Clark realized way back in chapter three that telling Lois was the next step if he was going to move their relationship forward, it doesn't come across as out of the blue. He's been thinking about it for months. It's sort of like having a contingency plan and then you can implement it right when the appropriate circumstances come into play. And the whole fic Clark has been vacillating between some pretty extreme emotions as far as Lois goes. So it made sense in my brain that he'd swing that far, especially given the fact that he realized it was impossible to have a romantic relationship with Lois without telling her. Anyway! Let me know if the wrap-up feels too forced.

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)
Features Writer
Features Writer
When I first read this chapter, I wondered if Clark's decision was premature. But thinking about it, I realized just how both he and Lois have been having wide swings in their emotions. And so his plan to share his secret with Lois could very well fit. I look forward to seeing how they both react in the next chapter(s).

Great chapter by the way, and love the positioning after the angst from the last one.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Clark's considering telling Lois the truth? That seems like a strange jump from giving up on her completely (i.e. turning in his resignation).

Agreed! I hope this decision is the right one, and that it brings the couple together rather than wedging them even further apart. eek

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard