Print Thread
#268140 12/27/15 12:16 AM
N
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
N
Place for comments!

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)
Kerth
Kerth
Wow...that was an incredibly selfish reaction by Lois. I don't know how Lois and Clark's relationship can be fixed at this point - it's hard to know why Clark would even want to try. I'll keep reading, though, and hope things get better between them.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Let's hope that Martha and Jonathan can talk some sense into their son. At least Perry had been able to band-aid over Lois's latest jab. The fact that Clark was willing to offer her the same date in response to his nomination as she had asked him to take for hers showed that he was willing to TRY to improve their relationship. Her reaction was a slap across the face. More-so after their recent conversation. Lois may be hurting but Clark's right, she's treating him as if he's Claude, when she's the one who has been treating HIM badly.

Telling Perry he wants to resign is a major red flag. I hope Perry tells Lois want an idiot she's been lately. She certainly can't see it for herself.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
N
This is a brutal chapter. I have to say, I really love it--mwahaha. They have to decide what they really want. And, like Mike said a chapter or two ago, they need something to force them to do that. Only 3 chapters left, Susan. Promise, it's got a happy ending smile

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Her jaw clenched. She’d tried letting Clark back in, which had obviously not been the best idea. She’d tried adding more to her life than her career—again, not the best idea. It was time to push all that aside and claw her way back to the top of the pile. Preferably ASAP before the suits decided she was the expendable one in the “hottest team in town,” and she ended up jobless while still waiting for her bank to collect their insurance.

Lois is in pure survival mode here. The Kerth committee's opinions means a lot to her. Right now she is very frightened and a frightened Lois is a very dangerous and determined Lois.

Watch out bad guys .... smirk

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, definitely hard to see how they can be in the same room together let alone work together after this chapter. Clark is hurting emotionally from Lois and physically from that sound weapon. It makes perfect sense for him to question his ability to endure more from Lois. I wonder about that too and why he'd even have the energy or interest in giving her another chance at this point. Hopefully she'll see what she's doing before it's too late.

Looking forward to seeing how you resolve this in only 3 chapters.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
eek mecry sad Not. Good. Things definitely have taken a turn for the worst between them!

But...I heard the magic words 'happy ending', so very curious/excited to read how these last three chapters unfold thumbsup.
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 01/04/16 02:20 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard