Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Santa told me you were all good little fans this year, so I am posting a day early, and will likely stick to a Saturday schedule.

As for all you who thought I would play nice and allow Clark to grow up with Jor-El and Lara... devilsplat

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Wait, what? You only saved Lara and Jor-El to have them die on Earth? That's just plain cruel. mecry

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my goodness.

For Jor-El and Lara to stay alive - that would have definitely ensured a different story.

But for them to die pretty much immediately, and leave the baby to Jonathan and Martha ... we could so easily end up with just the cannon story.

So ... what is the reason for this story to be told? There must be some repercussion from this. When will it hit? What will it do to Clark or to Clark and Lois?

Finally ... is Jor-El dead or alive? Lara seemed convinced he was dead after the telepathic link cut off, but what if he was just unconscious - and possibly captured? Or, is there more of a soul-deep bond, and she 'knew' that he was dead?

Can next Saturday come quickly please?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Kerth
Kerth
Well, we don't know for sure that Jor-El is dead, he might have been unconscious / close to death. If he was captured by Bureau 39 (under Newcombe, not yet Trask), then, well, this might to a very different story eventually.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Kerth
Kerth
Well this story already went in a different direction from what I expected! I hate to even guess what will happen in future parts! lol I'm looking forward to what you have in store for us. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lara Joelle Kent
Wait, what? You only saved Lara and Jor-El to have them die on Earth? That's just plain cruel. mecry

rotflol Sorry! I have my reasons though!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Oh my goodness.

For Jor-El and Lara to stay alive - that would have definitely ensured a different story.

But for them to die pretty much immediately, and leave the baby to Jonathan and Martha ... we could so easily end up with just the cannon story.

So ... what is the reason for this story to be told? There must be some repercussion from this. When will it hit? What will it do to Clark or to Clark and Lois?

Finally ... is Jor-El dead or alive? Lara seemed convinced he was dead after the telepathic link cut off, but what if he was just unconscious - and possibly captured? Or, is there more of a soul-deep bond, and she 'knew' that he was dead?

Can next Saturday come quickly please?

Well, we'll be following close to canon for a while (different universe, so to speak, so I've altered some details). But then well...you'll see.

Lara was going off the cut in the telepathic link, to answer that question. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lara Joelle Kent
Well, we don't know for sure that Jor-El is dead, he might have been unconscious / close to death. If he was captured by Bureau 39 (under Newcombe, not yet Trask), then, well, this might to a very different story eventually.

You're right, of course. Jor-El *could* be alive. He *could* be dead. Tune in for answers! devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Well this story already went in a different direction from what I expected! I hate to even guess what will happen in future parts! lol I'm looking forward to what you have in store for us. thumbsup

rotflol Well, I do try to keep my readers on their toes! laugh Hoping you enjoy the rest!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting that outcome. Too bad that they didn't land during daylight. This would have been a different story indeed.

Martha, Jonathan, and Dr. Tim know for sure that Lara and Kal weren't some Soviet experiment for her to have faded away like Yoda. What was going on with that bracelet? Did it disappear with her? Did it trigger her disappearance? Will she return as a ghost like Obi Wan and Yoda? Were Jor-El and Lara just other names for Anikan and Amidala? (Sorry, I HAD to go there.)

Yes, there's no proof that Jor-El actually passed on and with the change of Kal's name to Clark, there's no easy way for Jor-El to find his son should he ever escape from B39. I suppose there's a chance he might recall the doorstep on which he left his wife and son, but that chance is slight. If Jor-El survives, is it possible for him to father more sons (or daughters) allowing Clark not only to have siblings but also for them to be raised badly (i.e. by Trask and turned into Nor-like bad guys with Kryptonian powers). I know, I know, but this is a Deadly Chakram story. Anything is possible, so I thought I'd start with the improbable suggestions first. evil

Sooooo, I noticed that today is Saturday. So another post coming soon? wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Virginia!

It would have indeed ben different had they landed during the day. But, you know me, I'm evil. laugh

Dying over the Star Wars stuff! Maybe Jar-Jar touched a button that made Krypton explode? "Mesa hit self-clean button!"

I can answer that there are no half-siblings in this story. Not that that gives you much info. wink

New part come Saturday.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Top Banana
Top Banana
Now I'm imagining Lara as a Force ghost.

---

Lois and Clark are newly married and alone at last. Just as they're about to consummate their marriage, Lara appears.

Force Ghost Lara: Kal-El, what are you doing? You know you were married at birth to Zara.

Clark: Mom! (pulls the sheet over his head in embarrassment)

Lois: And I thought my family was weird. (a beat) Wait ... you're already married?!

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.
Now I'm imagining Lara as a Force ghost.

---

Lois and Clark are newly married and alone at last. Just as they're about to consummate their marriage, Lara appears.

Force Ghost Lara: Kal-El, what are you doing? You know you were married at birth to Zara.

Clark: Mom! (pulls the sheet over his head in embarrassment)

Lois: And I thought my family was weird. (a beat) Wait ... you're already married?!

rotflol "Use the Force, Kal!"

Lucky for this Clark, the marriage ceremony to Zara never took place. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No Jor-El and Lara? mecry

What's up with that? shock

Why did Lara's body simply disappear? Was the bracelet responsible?

Newcombe is a creep. But an honorable creep.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
No Jor-El and Lara? mecry

What's up with that? shock

Why did Lara's body simply disappear? Was the bracelet responsible?

Newcombe is a creep. But an honorable creep.

My thoughts were that yes, the bracelet is/was a sort of mini Molecular Disintegrator with some kind of biological link. So it activated after she died and after all the living people stopped trying to bring her back.

I do have reasons for getting rid of Lara and Jor early on! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok. I will be patient and see what's in store!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh...wow. Lara...died? mecry Did not see that coming.

Now about Jor-El. My gut instinct is that he's dead, too. Based on how sure Lara seemed to be about it. And because, IMO, it'd be hard to have him alive further down the plot-line. BUT...yeah, I didn't think Lara was going to die, so really, what do I know? thumbsup grin.

These initial differences from canon--they have to alter something...sometime. And that is what I'm so curious to find out about smile. Great story!

Loving this, DC...
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 01/07/16 02:52 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Oh...wow. Lara...died? mecry Did not see that coming.

Now about Jor-El. My gut instinct is that he's dead, too. Based on how sure Lara seemed to be about it. And because, IMO, it'd be hard to have him alive further down the plot-line. BUT...yeah, I didn't think Lara was going to die, so really, what do I know? thumbsup grin.

These initial differences from canon--they have to alter something...sometime. And that is what I'm so curious to find out about smile. Great story!

Loving this, DC...
Laura

devilevil

Glad you like it. Yeah, I kind of loved lulling everyone into this sense of "oh cool, Jor-El and Lara will live and raise Kal" and then doing some killing. wink

Things will definitely be a bit altered down the road, after some canon-ish stuff.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard