OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
After a little over an hour, 8 YO Jessica, 6 YO Jimmy, 4 YO Lucy and 2 YO Sam were all asleep in their child safety car seats and to the joy of Jon, Lara, Sean and Celeste while Lois continued to drive, Clark slipped out through his window and while flying beside the van, spun into The Suit and picking up the van started flying with it just above the tree tops. When they were over a deserted stretch of Kansas countryside near Smallville, he lowered the van to the road and reversing the process changed and slipped back inside.
That would definitely make road trips easier.

“Princess, we need help! The city is being overrun by ISIS fanatics. It won’t be long until they are in the hospital. We have heard that they don’t give any special treatment to medical personnel. If you are not Muslim they capture you, make you slaves or kill you. Can you get your friends, Superman and Ultra Woman to come and pick us up?”
Ugh ... ISIS. I work about 40 minutes south of where those two yoyos attacked the Christmas party in San Bernardino. (Whether they were actually connected to ISIS or just inspired by them is something I'm not really clear on, though.) Their fanaticism killed a bunch of people (including them), injured others, and left their baby girl an orphan. (It also inspired a backlash against Muslims who had nothing to do with the incident, like the new Muslim student at the school I work for, whose school-issued laptop was snatched by a bully and smashed on the library floor. The bully was convinced that the video the new student was watching was a terrorist video. The bully was very upset when I charged him a fine for the broken Chromebook and gave a new one to his victim. He was even more upset when his classmates laughed at him for thinking the trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens had anything to do with terrorism.)wallbash

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
fifteen passenger van

Shouldn't that be fifteen passenger van?

Ellen’s tone, which all things considered had been light, changed to one of seriousness as she said, “I don’t go anywhere without it. It is a bit larger than a cell phone, but it is more reliable. I carry it in my bag at all times. Sam carries a spare battery and I try to remember to keep this one charged. If we need help, we’ll shout.”

This sounds like the Ellen from the show.

Without even looking at her, tears streaming down her face, Lucy replied, “Mommy, I feel sorry for this little tree. Nobody is going to want it.”

Hello Peanuts! smile1

The rest of the story is a little scary. Hope they get to Sam and Ellen in time.

Last edited by Morgana; 12/28/15 12:08 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Annie,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Annie B.
After a little over an hour, 8 YO Jessica, 6 YO Jimmy, 4 YO Lucy and 2 YO Sam were all asleep in their child safety car seats and to the joy of Jon, Lara, Sean and Celeste while Lois continued to drive, Clark slipped out through his window and while flying beside the van, spun into The Suit and picking up the van started flying with it just above the tree tops. When they were over a deserted stretch of Kansas countryside near Smallville, he lowered the van to the road and reversing the process changed and slipped back inside.
That would definitely make road trips easier.

Yes, I see this kind of thing all of the time, driving down the road.

Originally Posted by AnnieB.
“Princess, we need help! The city is being overrun by ISIS fanatics. It won’t be long until they are in the hospital. We have heard that they don’t give any special treatment to medical personnel. If you are not Muslim they capture you, make you slaves or kill you. Can you get your friends, Superman and Ultra Woman to come and pick us up?”
Ugh ... ISIS. I work about 40 minutes south of where those two yoyos attacked the Christmas party in San Bernardino. (Whether they were actually connected to ISIS or just inspired by them is something I'm not really clear on, though.) Their fanaticism killed a bunch of people (including them), injured others, and left their baby girl an orphan. (It also inspired a backlash against Muslims who had nothing to do with the incident, like the new Muslim student at the school I work for, whose school-issued laptop was snatched by a bully and smashed on the library floor. The bully was convinced that the video the new student was watching was a terrorist video. The bully was very upset when I charged him a fine for the broken Chromebook and gave a new one to his victim. He was even more upset when his classmates laughed at him for thinking the trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens had anything to do with terrorism.)wallbash

Hopefully the bully learned a lesson. Not all Muslims are terrorists and not all terrorists are Muslims. We need to be realistic.

Last edited by KenJ; 12/30/15 07:14 PM.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

As you know, I try to be careful to get the voicing correct.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard