Pulitzer
comments go here.

Last edited by KenJ; 12/23/15 08:47 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow. The Kyle family is a real piece of work. I've met families like that while working in the schools, the sort where you look at the kids and go, "What is wrong with these kids?!" And then you meet the parents, and the reason the kids act like they do becomes apparent.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois thought for a second and then spotting a cup of cold coffee on her desk, used her heat vision and then said, "Enjoy you coffee."

Looking at her cup, Janet saw steam rising from it and picking it up took a cautious sip of her steaming, hot coffee. She sighed in pleasure and all questions of the identity of her visitor removed, asked, "Would you like to have a seat?"

Neat form of ID!

Clark could see that she was upset, but had no idea as to the cause so he stood and walked with her to the conference room, his hand at the small of her back. He could feel the tension in her body which added to his concern. As soon as they were inside he closed the door and the blinds then he turned to her. He could see that she was having difficulty restraining tears. In a comforting tone, he asked, "All right, what happened?"

Stepping to him and throwing her arms around his neck, she sobbed, "Oh, Clark, they accused me of child abuse."

To be accused of something like that is just downright hateful!

Hearing that, the judge replied, "Councilor, if there was any way I could prove that you willingly participated in this attempted fraud, I'd have you disbarred. As it is, all I can say is - get out of my courtroom and thank your lucky stars that I can't prove it."

That lawyer's reputation is destroyed.

“To borrow a phrase from Herb, ‘Only time will tell.’”

Hmmm, we shall see.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Annie,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Annie B.
Wow. The Kyle family is a real piece of work. I've met families like that while working in the schools, the sort where you look at the kids and go, "What is wrong with these kids?!" And then you meet the parents, and the reason the kids act like they do becomes apparent.

I've seen the same thing. That will all come into play in the story.

Last edited by KenJ; 12/30/15 07:14 PM.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Morgana
Lois thought for a second and then spotting a cup of cold coffee on her desk, used her heat vision and then said, "Enjoy you coffee."

Looking at her cup, Janet saw steam rising from it and picking it up took a cautious sip of her steaming, hot coffee. She sighed in pleasure and all questions of the identity of her visitor removed, asked, "Would you like to have a seat?"

Neat form of ID!

Nothing like a subtle use of a superpower to establish an identity.

Clark could see that she was upset, but had no idea as to the cause so he stood and walked with her to the conference room, his hand at the small of her back. He could feel the tension in her body which added to his concern. As soon as they were inside he closed the door and the blinds then he turned to her. He could see that she was having difficulty restraining tears. In a comforting tone, he asked, "All right, what happened?"

Stepping to him and throwing her arms around his neck, she sobbed, "Oh, Clark, they accused me of child abuse."

To be accused of something like that is just downright hateful!

I’ve seen it happen. Fortunately the individual was innocent and was able to prove it.

Hearing that, the judge replied, "Councilor, if there was any way I could prove that you willingly participated in this attempted fraud, I'd have you disbarred. As it is, all I can say is - get out of my courtroom and thank your lucky stars that I can't prove it."

That lawyer's reputation is destroyed.

He was a willing participant even though the judge couldn't prove it. He got less that he deserved.

“To borrow a phrase from Herb, ‘Only time will tell.’”

Hmmm, we shall see.

More to come.

Last edited by KenJ; 12/30/15 07:16 PM.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard