Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I wasn't really planning on posting this until after New Year's but my muse demanded otherwise. Please enjoy! (Count on weekly updates as I continue to polish and prep.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
Top Banana
Another Deadly Chakram story! It looks good so far. I'm looking forward to reading more.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Annie B.
Another Deadly Chakram story! It looks good so far. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Thank you! This one was a good 2 years in the making...mostly because I kept getting distracted by other stories.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Ooooohhh, I really like this premise! This part wrapped me up in their plight and did an excellent job depicting their departure from Krypton. I can't begin to imagine how Clark growing up with his birth parents rather than the Kents will change his character and effect the typical story arc. This story has so many possibilities! I'm looking forward to the next part. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Ooooohhh, I really like this premise! This part wrapped me up in their plight and did an excellent job depicting their departure from Krypton. I can't begin to imagine how Clark growing up with his birth parents rather than the Kents will change his character and effect the typical story arc. This story has so many possibilities! I'm looking forward to the next part. thumbsup

Thank you! I have a few surprises up my sleeve with this one. Hope you enjoy the ride!

devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I am a bit worried about how much Jor-el and Lara want their son to be leader of NK and how thrilled they are with his birth wife (despite not yet having been born yet). Why do I have this strange feeling this is going to come back and be a major plot point when he's trying to explain to mom and pop why he wants to marry the Earth girl. How different will Kal be if he is raised to be king as opposed to one of the common men? I personally am not having any warm-fuzzies for a group who was willing to abandon their daughter's birth husband and his family to their sure death without even a note of apology. I hope the El family recalls this when Zara, et al, come flying by 30 years later. I do hope they will be friends with the Kents though. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very intrigued. I can see that I'm going to hate having to wait the six days in between every posting.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Kerth
Kerth
I really, really loved this first part. As a matter of fact, I find the premise very intriguing, having Kal grow up as Kal - and not as Clark. This should have quite an effect on his personality (stand-offish instead of approachable, serious instead of playful et cetera).

One other thing that has me wondering is what is happening on and with the Flying Palace. After all, it shouldn't be possible for anyone to just fly away with it without its rightful owner, much less without even letting said owner know. Was this really just a panicked reaction, or was it foul play by another house trying to gain supremacy among the few survivors of Krypton? (Maybe that's why several hundred people were not on the Palace - people who would have supported the House of El?) It would also neatly explain why the Palace didn't answer the hails of Jor-El's little ship.

But let me stop with speculation and congratulate you on another outstanding story - which I'm sure this one will be. smile

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"I know," Lara said with a sigh. "Unless...unless we make a life on Earth."

"I don't know, my love. While the planet is similar enough to our home world, Earth's sun is yellow, not red. How that may affect us, over a long stretch of time, I cannot be certain. But we can try. For Kal's sake, we will try."

Whew! shock At least this time Jor-El and Lara escaped Krypton's destruction! Now so many things will be different. How will the El family get along on this strange new world. Thank for giving us lot of food for thought.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I am a bit worried about how much Jor-el and Lara want their son to be leader of NK and how thrilled they are with his birth wife (despite not yet having been born yet). Why do I have this strange feeling this is going to come back and be a major plot point when he's trying to explain to mom and pop why he wants to marry the Earth girl. How different will Kal be if he is raised to be king as opposed to one of the common men? I personally am not having any warm-fuzzies for a group who was willing to abandon their daughter's birth husband and his family to their sure death without even a note of apology. I hope the El family recalls this when Zara, et al, come flying by 30 years later. I do hope they will be friends with the Kents though. smile

Well, to be fair, it wasn't meant to be abandonment. In my mind, it was more of a knee jerk, let's get out of here, early takeoff. As for the rest...evil

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Very intrigued. I can see that I'm going to hate having to wait the six days in between every posting.

Aww! Sorry about the wait! Glad you're enjoying it so far!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lara Joelle Kent
I really, really loved this first part. As a matter of fact, I find the premise very intriguing, having Kal grow up as Kal - and not as Clark. This should have quite an effect on his personality (stand-offish instead of approachable, serious instead of playful et cetera).

One other thing that has me wondering is what is happening on and with the Flying Palace. After all, it shouldn't be possible for anyone to just fly away with it without its rightful owner, much less without even letting said owner know. Was this really just a panicked reaction, or was it foul play by another house trying to gain supremacy among the few survivors of Krypton? (Maybe that's why several hundred people were not on the Palace - people who would have supported the House of El?) It would also neatly explain why the Palace didn't answer the hails of Jor-El's little ship.

But let me stop with speculation and congratulate you on another outstanding story - which I'm sure this one will be. smile

Thank you! I can't comment much without spoiling some of the surprisesame I have in store. But the palace's early departure was a knee jerk, get the hell outta dodge reaction and nothing sinister.

Glad you're enjoying the story so far!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
"I know," Lara said with a sigh. "Unless...unless we make a life on Earth."

"I don't know, my love. While the planet is similar enough to our home world, Earth's sun is yellow, not red. How that may affect us, over a long stretch of time, I cannot be certain. But we can try. For Kal's sake, we will try."

Whew! shock At least this time Jor-El and Lara escaped Krypton's destruction! Now so many things will be different. How will the El family get along on this strange new world. Thank for giving us lot of food for thought.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy my little surprises to come!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Still playing catch-up after the holidays. And what a great story to find tonight! notworthy

I am so intregued! So many possibilities...so many differences. My mind is going every which way trying to think where you will take us.

One thing for sure, I really am excited about finding out clap clap clap. Love your writing, DC!

Laura (who is thrilled to have a few chapters to soak up between postings wink ).

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Still playing catch-up after the holidays. And what a great story to find tonight! notworthy

I am so intregued! So many possibilities...so many differences. My mind is going every which way trying to think where you will take us.

One thing for sure, I really am excited about finding out clap clap clap. Love your writing, DC!

Laura (who is thrilled to have a few chapters to soak up between postings wink ).

Thank you! I hope I can continue to deliver on (good) surprises for you as the story unfolds. smile Glad you are enjoying it thus far!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard