Print Thread
#268000 12/19/15 07:10 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Merry Christmas to my fellow LnC fans.

Hope you like ...

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Sweet. What a nice helping of Christmas snuggling goodness. smile This is the ending we were missing back in the 90s. It's so wonderful to see them talking through things in a calm loving manner.

I'll have to read this again (without the kids interruptous).

Happy Christmas to you too!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
My first thought on seeing the title is that this story would be a continuation of the afterglow-on-the-ceiling canon scene, and I was wondering how you would pull that off on the gfic side of the MB.

Once I had my expectations adjusted, I was still eager to read the story.

But … but nobody loves me. How can you love me?
Ouch. Such raw emotions.

Whenever I have on my glasses I'm hiding my powers, and whenever I have on the suit I'm hiding my identity.
I've read many revelation stories, but rarely have I seen this sentiment put so elegantly.

he idly wondered how long it would be until they finally did 'joint tax returns'
You've done the impossible. You've made me want to file taxes.

Brava!

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I read this early today and now with the quiet of the evening I'm going to read it again.

Joint Tax Returns! dance thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana

I agree I just laughed and laughed at that one. Just what he needed to say to keep the edge off of the situation.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
Lovely fic. clap Thanks for letting me be a part of your process. I really hope you become inspired to write Greedy for Even More...the n-side always needs new stories! devil

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
clap Sweet. What a nice helping of Christmas snuggling goodness. smile This is the ending we were missing back in the 90s. It's so wonderful to see them talking through things in a calm loving manner.

I'll have to read this again (without the kids interruptous).

Happy Christmas to you too!
Thank you. Hope you got a chance to read again without kid interruptous.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
My first thought on seeing the title is that this story would be a continuation of the afterglow-on-the-ceiling canon scene, and I was wondering how you would pull that off on the gfic side of the MB.
Ooooo, no. Couldn't manage that!

Once I had my expectations adjusted, I was still eager to read the story.
Good.

But … but nobody loves me. How can you love me?
Ouch. Such raw emotions.
Mmmm, poor Lois.

Whenever I have on my glasses I'm hiding my powers, and whenever I have on the suit I'm hiding my identity.
I've read many revelation stories, but rarely have I seen this sentiment put so elegantly.
Thanks. I was hoping the readers would appreciate how simply I put it in that sentence.

he idly wondered how long it would be until they finally did 'joint tax returns'
You've done the impossible. You've made me want to file taxes.
What! You don't enjoy doing taxes?

Brava!

Joy,
Lynn
Thank you.

I read this early today and now with the quiet of the evening I'm going to read it again.
smile Hope you enjoyed it as much the second time.

grin That's supposed to be the funny punch line. Glad you laughed.

Originally Posted by Mike M

I agree I just laughed and laughed at that one. Just what he needed to say to keep the edge off of the situation.

Mike
Yay, another one laughing.

Originally Posted by groobie
Lovely fic. clap Thanks for letting me be a part of your process.
Thank you for being my beta and steering me in the right direction.

I really hope you become inspired to write Greedy for Even More...the n-side always needs new stories! devil
I'm trying ... noting down little thoughts. devil

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vic!

A different direction the window scene in Seasons Greedings could have (should have!) taken.
[…]
PG-13
[Linked Image]

They hadn't actually stopped singing, but his mind was no longer processing the sound.
I think I might have had this problem once with my computer, too. Not enough free resources, I gather. Maybe Clark should invest in an upgraded brain?

He had one arm draped over her shoulder and she'd been resting her head on his shoulder, but she had lifted it when he had lifted his from resting on hers.
LOIS: He’s leaving me. Again dizzy

He imagined drawing her up to him, while slowly bending down. It was so real in his mind that he could feel the soft touch of her lips and then the gasp of air when they would part. He would slide his hand round her waist and then down to her hip, drawing her into his body, bringing them closer, letting them touch. She would moan and her hands would push up his chest to link around his neck. He could even imagine the tentative flick of her tongue over his lips.
Down boy.

A deep moan intruded on his fantasy. The taste of wine on his lips confused him.
shock

Although, his warped brain sometimes had Lois push him away, and slap him across the face, in a moment of stark reality.
Or shatter her patella?

Oh, but he wanted this to be real. And if it wasn’t, then he had finally lost his mind. He'd succumbed to his fantasies, let himself be sucked inside one.
I pity the staff who will have to clean up the padded room each day with a Lois-fixated Clark lost in his dreams locked away in there.

Lois seemed to understand and she released her arms from around his neck and brought them down to his chest. He could hear her ragged, uneven breathing: a perfect mirror to his own. In breathy tones he confessed his heart, convinced that she finally felt something for him.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

"I love you."

It felt so freeing to say those words. His heart felt like soaring above the clouds. He could see his future stretching out before him. A future shared with Lois. Side-by-side, every day, for the rest of eternity.

Strange, that when they first met, both her heart and her head fought against the idea of Clark - her heart was terrified of being hurt, and her head assumed that he was beneath her.
[Linked Image]

It was perfect. Better. It was heaven. And then he slowly pulled back, taking away the warmth of his kiss. The loss was immediate. How had she lived without that warmth until now? How could she live without it from this day? She looked up into his eyes and saw the warmth she now craved shining from them.

"I love you."

"What?" she asked warily, narrowing her eyes and pushing gently at his chest. Those three words were a sudden alarm bell ringing in the back of her mind.
laugh See? clap

Too afraid to see the face of well-practiced seducer.
wallbash

But … she'd been responding, she'd been touching him, she'd been the one to … use tongue. Surely that wasn't faked.
clap

"How dare you presume that we would …"
[Linked Image]
CLARK: How does she get from ‘I love you’ to… confused

"What?" He gasped in incredulity. She was angry with him - disappointed - because he'd told her his feelings!
/points at Venus/

Clearly she didn't feel the same.

Yet … she'd been wrapped in his arms only moments ago. Was she only interested in a little make-out session?
Well…she did jump Superman that one time and there’s the whole Claude-incident…

"Do what? Tell you?" he queried.

"Yes," came her blank and simple reply.
CLARK: [Linked Image] Is it past midnight? Did she get wet?

"But I guess … I can't hide it anymore."
_____

“Yeah, well, keep it in your pants!” Lois turned and stalked away,
shock rotflol

How could he so blatantly talk about exposing himself?
jawdrop [Linked Image] She thinks he wants to show her Superman’s little spaceship clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

He was just like all the other men she'd ever met, ever been involved with: only after one thing.
CLARK: [Linked Image] ?

She scoffed. "No. To think I’d have sex with you after just one kiss."
Well…it was a pretty spectacular kiss, so…

"Sex!" he squealed. She didn't think she'd ever heard his voice so high before.
Well, she *did* just emasculate him.

I told you I loved you. Where did you get sex from?"
LOIS: DUH! … Wait, that feels wrong, somehow.

He was gesturing wildly, his voice full of horror, and she began to wonder that she may have slightly misinterpreted the situation.
[Linked Image]

"That's what most men want when they tell a women ... and … well, to be blunt…" she took a breath and looked up into his eyes - pausing, on the way up, at his waist - then looked away. "I could feel … you know."
[Linked Image] That he was interested in sex?

How could one man affect her this way even when she was angry with him?
Because her libido is very much interested in sex with him?

His voice was earnest and clear, and she began to put aside her idea that he was trying to seduce her into bed.
CLARK: There’s a perfectly good sofa over there.
CLAUDE: [Linked Image] Trust me. The table is more comfortable.

His babbling came to an end and he slowed down, speaking softly. "I do want to make love to you. I've spent nearly two years fantasising about being with you.
shock

"I wanted to ask you out, and romance you, and spend time with you, and then eventually ask you to-"
Yes…? [Linked Image]

"So, you really told me you love me because …" Her voice was trembling and she worried that a tear was about to roll down her cheek.

"I love you."

"But … but nobody loves me. How can you love me?"
clap

"Just exactly that …" She shrugged her shoulders. "Nobody does. I'm not nice. I'm not loveable."
He likes a challenge?

. And Jimmy, in a way. He's kind of like a younger brother.
LUKE: wave

Then there is friendly love. Again Jimmy definitely comes into that category. And I hope I do too."
She already told him that she loves him like a brother.

But - not counting the narcissistic self-love
See? Someone *does* love her laugh

But after just one kiss … without even dating, that seemed quick
To be fair, dating is to get to know the other and they’ve been getting to know each other for well over a year now.

But then Lois recognised that she'd actually been against the idea of sex after one kiss only because she'd suspected - for a moment - that sex was the only thing that Clark was after.
Also, hormones…

If his thoughts were anywhere like hers, then he was probably realising how close they were to that final line.
She probably should still very still…

There was a small part of him that wanted to grab her, and twist them around so that she was stretched out under him …
LOIS: But…I *like* to be on top… [Linked Image] oh, never mind…

"when you died."
Oops?

If he told her now … if she was angry …
CLARK: So…no nookie tonight, then?

"Take off my glasses and undo the top few buttons of my shirt."
rotflol

"Then…" Clark was smiling. Lois loved him - loved Clark, and she knew everything about him now. All his innermost, terrifying secrets were now shared with her.
Actually…he still has no practical knowledge on how to please her.

"We'd probably be married by now." He could hear the smile in her voice as she gave a little giggle, still snuggled into his shoulder. He brought his arms around her to keep her there.

"I think you could be right."
Awww… See? Nothing to stop them from Clark not leaving tonight.
JONATHAN: Shouldn’t Clark be here by now? Do you think there was an accident somewhere?
MARTA: [Linked Image]

"And you know what married people do together?" Clark heard the return of the teasing tone which Lois had used earlier, when she'd been doing her best to test his control. She lifted her head and gave him a sultry look.
shock

"Me too, Clark," Lois returned. As she surrendered to his kiss once more, he idly wondered how long it would be until they finally did 'joint tax returns'.
Well…the IRS deadline is somewhere around Easter, isn’t it?

What an adorable…erm…steamy holiday fic clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a lovely story to read this afternoon smile.

I really admire how they both stuck to it, stayed in the conversation, let truths be known. Even through misunderstandings. Even though being totally honest was a bit scary. They both know everything now, and are both free to love each other.

'Joint tax returns'--the perfect line to end it on. LOVE it!!! smile

Awesome job!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 01/04/16 06:32 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard