ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Please leave comments here ...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm getting worried about Cedric and Lavinia. They are becoming too open with their romance and when Uncle Lucius returns one or both of them will reap the consequences, which I cannot imagine will be good. I fear that this is a beautiful calm before the ensuing storm.

Where is Lucius, anyway? We have not heard word from him in almost a week. That seems strange, especially in light of him having house guests that he quickly abandoned. What's going on with him? *bites fingernails in nervous anticipation of his return*

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree with VirginiaR. They are getting careless and the servants are bound to drop more than a hint or three in Lucius ear.

Hey, in the beginning you were posting just three parts a day, now we are down to one every three days? What gives? huh

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Morgana
Hey, in the beginning you were posting just three parts a day, now we are down to one every three days? What gives? huh

Because there are only 16 chapters left! You don't want this to end too soon, do you? wink
P.S.: Love their banter! Very Loisandclark-ish (I don't know where I got this from!) :P
Chris, I always forgot to tell you, but I love how you have characterized Lavinia: she's sweeter than canon Lois, which I personally appreciate smile

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
C
ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
I'm getting worried about Cedric and Lavinia. They are becoming too open with their romance
Mmmm, I don't think so. Cedric is convalescing and everyone knows that Lavinia is helping with his care; she's keeping to the same schedule that I had outlined in a previous part (back and forth between her duties and obligations downstairs, and her care of Cedric upstairs). When she visits Cedric to brew a tea or tisane for him she might stay a bit to visit or play cards but then she's back helping her father or taking meals with him and Mrs. C, etc.
Now, once Cedric can leave his rooms there will be more chance that someone might talk but what they've done up til now has been, in my opinion, fairly discrete. As far as the staff is aware Cedric is still in need of nursing.
Where is Lucius, anyway?
Ah, Lucius! Well he has been a very busy fellow. He'll return when the time is right for him to return. <evil grin>
If you recall, Lucius had Lavinia all to himself for the first two weeks of her visit. I'm just trying to give poor Cedric a bit of equal time. :-)

C
ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
They are getting careless and the servants are bound to drop more than a hint or three in Lucius ear.

Maaaaaybe. Not all the servants are loyal to Lucius. Also, there is no official understanding of any kind between Lucius and Lavinia. Lucius may think she's as good as his but he's not asked her to marry him, yet, so she's still a free agent. We all know how much Lois' soul loves her independence. :-)

Hey, in the beginning you were posting just three parts a day, now we are down to one every three days? What gives?

Sorry about that! I'd fully intended to keep to that schedule, but I received a few great suggestions from the gang and decided to do some major re-writes. Most recently, tho, it's mostly due to RL and getting ready for the holidays. I hosted my annual card making party this past weekend: one evening and one afternoon of friendship and card making. Great fun but a lot of work before and after for me. Whew!
I'll be posting another part (or two) this evening. Maybe that will make up for it. :-)

C
ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Because there are only 16 chapters left! You don't want this to end too soon, do you?
I suppose I could post the rest of them and then put you all on your honor to read just one a day? ;-)
Seriously, tho, that's a lovely compliment ... thank you!
P.S.: Love their banter! Very Loisandclark-ish
I had the Honeymoon in Metropolis game-playing sequence in mind when I wrote the card game scene. Thanks for making that connection back to LNC.
...I love how you have characterized Lavinia: she's sweeter than canon Lois, which I personally appreciate
I appreciate you telling me that. I wanted to try and express the essences of each of their souls, but to leave out or at least temper any personality traits that might really stem from nurture and not nature. Since they are living in different times, their upbringing and experiences would be completely different from the pair we met on the show. Lois' soul in my story was lucky enough to have a father who dotes upon her and is proud of her, even if he's a bit absent-minded at times. Bernard would never say, "that leaves two points for improvement." :-)

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwww grin...

Honestly, I really enjoyed this chapter...a LOT. The banter was so much them...that playful back and forth that is so fun to read. I love how that even though so much of the situation is different, you managed to find 'that' element, and really make it sing out. They get along so well, play off each other in such an amazing way. You can see the friendship in their relationship. You've done a spectacular job of finding their souls, connecting L&C into this really unique story clap.

The happier I see them, the more in love they are falling, the more nervous I get for life to return to normal. They won't be able to hide the love that shines so clearly in their eyes, I'm afraid... love.

Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
C
ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Honestly, I really enjoyed this chapter...a LOT. The banter was so much them...that playful back and forth that is so fun to read. I love how that even though so much of the situation is different, you managed to find 'that' element, and really make it sing out. They get along so well, play off each other in such an amazing way. You can see the friendship in their relationship. You've done a spectacular job of finding their souls, connecting L&C into this really unique story
Laura, thank you so much! That means a great deal to me!
I know what you mean about "'that' element" because it was what kept me going back to the show week after week despite clones, frogs, stupid villains and "smart" kids.<g> There was just something special about those two and I've loved thinking and writing about them, and "it" ever since.
The happier I see them, the more in love they are falling, the more nervous I get for life to return to normal. They won't be able to hide the love that shines so clearly in their eyes, I'm afraid...
You're right, their idyll cannot last forever, unfortunately. We'll just have to see what happens. ;-)
Thanks again for the great feedback!

Features Writer
Features Writer
I love the banter between the two, and their openness in declaring their love to each other.

I'm glad they have this time to share with each other while Cedric heals.

Laura wrote:
You've done a spectacular job of finding their souls, connecting L&C into this really unique story. clap

I agree. This is a spectacular story! clap notworthy thumbsup

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

C
ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
I love the banter between the two, and their openness in declaring their love to each other.
Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it. The banter has always been one of my favorite things about LNC.
This is a spectacular story!
Thanks again! You made my day! :-)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard