Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
[Linked Image]
-Hello? Oh, hi Adele! No, Sue hasn't updated yet... Yes, I know you've already called (like 999 times), but we're still waiting for the new chapter. Ok, I'll keep you up to date. Say hi to Lionel for me-.

Geez, that girl is such a stalker...

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved reading this part! Update!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
*Bump* Can we get an update soon?? Please?! grovel grovel grovel

Cause I really don't want to send out these guys -- wildguy wildguy wildguy

But I will if I have to! goofy

Last edited by mozartmaid; 12/04/15 08:17 PM.

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've been on the edge of my seat for so long waiting for the next chapter. Soon please??? smile It's such a good story, but I realise RL may be hectic this time of year. smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Sue
Hope RL is being good to you. Was wondering if there are any more parts in the pipeline for this story? Have enjoyed it so far, but would love to read more. smile
Cheers
Elizabeth

Blogger
Blogger
Any chance the rest of this will get posted, Please?

Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Wow! A blast from the past! laugh

Yes, the rest of this will get posted. I got distracted by RL, and then I started overthinking the story. It still lives on my hard drive, and every now and then I pull it up and poke around in it. I kind of made a hash of it in my overthinking phase so I'm having to go back and rewrite the rewrites. blush

Knowing that someone out there still remembers the story has definitely lit a fire under me. Thanks! wave

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
E
Blogger
Blogger
E
I don’t know how I’ve never come across this story before but I’m glad that I finally have. It is currently 7am where I am and i have just spent the better part of the past 8 or 9 hours reading all the parts of this (when I probably should’ve been sleeping). This story is so well written and has a great plot with some fun moments included as well. I hope you eventually finish this story because I would love to see how this plot ends.

Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Eclectic - Thanks! You may have found it at just the right time. I've been playing with it for months, tweaking and smoothing the edges on the previous chapters and plodding slowly through the four yet to be posted. To kick myself into gear, I'm going to post part 9 tonight.

Thanks to everyone who's nudged me along to finish this. I'm very grateful that people still remember this story and want to read more. blush

Now I just need to psych myself up. I think what I'm feeling could best be described as "stage fright."

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm not sure if the sound I made was more of a gasp, a squeak, or a shout of joy... it may have been a combination of all three. I've loved this story since you started posting it, Sue - so to hear that you are going to post more... it's like Christmas morning!

I'm so excited! dance I think I'm going to go reread all the parts again, you know, just to make sure I'm ready wink

Tracey smile

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Sue!!! Oh my gosh, you’re back!! I rejoined the L&C world last summer and have thought about you so many times. I’ve reread everything you’ve written. I’ve always loved your style. I would love to see you finish this one. So glad you’re back!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I'm not sure how I missed replying on this one. Sorry! frown

Traceylynn - Ha! I've spent the past few minutes trying to imagine what a gasp/squeak/shout sounds like. lol

I think I'm going to go reread all the parts again, you know, just to make sure I'm ready

I highly recommend refreshing your memory. There's some details that will only make sense if you have a clear recollection of their earlier conversations.

Jackie - Yes, I'm back and I'm extremely honored/humbled by the enthusiastic reception you guys have given me. notworthy

Thank you so much! You guys truly do rock my world. sloppy

Ides of Metropolis
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my gosh! I love this chapter so so much!
love

I wanted to talk about all of the wonderful loveliness, but can't think about anything except how easily Lois told Clark that she loved him and then promptly locked herself out of her room without any pants on. rotflol

Okay, so back to the beginning. You were able to weave so many emotions together, but I think I like the tantalizing bits of a Lois that is no longer denying her attraction to Clark, but hasn't done anything about her desires yet.
Right now taking a shower at home included the possibility of an audience. But here was a perfectly good shower going spare.

Clark won't care, she told herself. You know he won't care.

It felt rather curious, almost erotic, to be stripping naked in her best friend's bathroom.

Actually, Lois, I think that Clark most definitely will care. He will care very much. In fact, he will want to be there to give you a good 'talking to'. grin

"Lois? Are you there, my darling?"

Lois froze, her heart hammering painfully in her chest at the realization that Lex was probably watching her at this very moment. She forced herself to sort through the stack of mail she had brought in with her, faking nonchalance. The longer the silence went the more convinced she was that he actually could see her.
Creepy, creepy, creepy. I don't think Lois should ever go home. She should move into Clark's apartment for good immediately. Good for her to basically give Lex the finger by not answering the phone. /me shivers at the ride from Lex, his 'proposal' that she sell herself for the Daily Planet, and for having to ditch Owen.

rotflol rotflol
OMG! I did not expect her to cheat by asking Perry, Jimmy, and Jack who Clark loved. I think it's hilarious that Jimmy and Perry refused to say anything and Jack just laughed at her for not realizing it was her.

From there to the end, I loved being inside Lois's head, seeing how dazed she was with the realization, with her attraction, and then the sweet picture of her falling asleep against his shoulder in the cab.

Yay! I got at least one more nighttime phone call. Can't wait for the next part!

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Ok i don’t even know what to say about this chapter. You’ve let me speechless. I got everything I wanted. Lois and Clark’s reunion was adorable. I laughed out loud when Lois asked Perry, Jimmy and Jack about who Clark is in love with. The tension between those two was so thick you could cut it with a knife! And that phone call!! Ahhh! The best!!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Brenda - Yay! So glad you loved it! hyper

I wanted to talk about all of the wonderful loveliness, but can't think about anything except how easily Lois told Clark that she loved him and then promptly locked herself out of her room without any pants on.

Well, she was a bit flustered. laugh The fact that it was so easy to tell him how she felt is just further proof of how right he is for her.

Good for her to basically give Lex the finger by not answering the phone. /me shivers at the ride from Lex, his 'proposal' that she sell herself for the Daily Planet, and for having to ditch Owen.

LOL! I love that! It was definitely a diss to him to not answer the phone. I think Lex has underestimated our lovely Ms. Lane.

OMG! I did not expect her to cheat by asking Perry, Jimmy, and Jack who Clark loved. I think it's hilarious that Jimmy and Perry refused to say anything and Jack just laughed at her for not realizing it was her.

How is that cheating? You gotta use all your available sources if you want to get the truth. lol I'm glad you enjoyed their reactions to the question because that was one of the parts that made me giggle as I wrote it.

From there to the end, I loved being inside Lois's head, seeing how dazed she was with the realization, with her attraction, and then the sweet picture of her falling asleep against his shoulder in the cab.

I love the mental image of her falling asleep on his shoulder, too. drool

Jackie - Speechless? Truly? hyper I'm glad you got everything you wanted. laugh

Artemis - I'll answer over here. wink Thank you!

Thank you so much! You guys are what brought me back and you're definitely what keeps me writing. sloppy

Ides of Metropolis
Kerth
Kerth
I read this already, but I never had time to FDK! Back at it (and hopefully we'll get those last few chapters out of you... *nudgenudge*)

In the end it was worth feeling a little odd to be clean again. Not just clean but now the familiar smell of Clark's soap and shampoo clung to her like an invisible hug.
Awww! On the one hand, Clark would definitely be more than a little turned on knowing she used his shower, but he'd probably like knowing she felt like he was giving her a hug when he wasn't there even more. twins

Lois froze, her heart hammering painfully in her chest at the realization that Lex was probably watching her at this very moment. She forced herself to sort through the stack of mail she had brought in with her, faking nonchalance. The longer the silence went the more convinced she was that he actually could see her.
Creepy Lex doing what he does best... *shudders*

It appeared the bomb had been mailed to the Planet and, by the sheerest luck, fragments of the postage and a clear thumbprint had survived the blast. The evidence was now at the lab and he hoped to have a match for the thumbprint soon.

Here's hoping that thumbprint isn't Jack's... Or Lois' come to think of it. Or Clark's!! shock

"What about glowing rocks?" Lois asked. "We heard a rumor there were glowing rocks everywhere."

Rivera almost missed a step in his surprise. "Who told you that?"

"Is it true?" Lois pressed.
Good example that Lois won't reveal him as a source, since she won't even say who told her about the Kryptonite...

She was about to step off the curb at the end of the block when a limousine pulled up and blocked her way. She stopped short as a tinted back window rolled down.
Oh my gosh, I know Lex is a bad guy and he's always creepy, but this level of skeeviness is just gross and psychotic. Well done.

His expression was both troubled and sincere. For a moment she questioned how she could ever have thought him capable of hurting her, or Superman, or the Planet. He was Lex Luthor for god's sake! He was a benefactor to countless charities. He was a world-renowned philanthropist and the recipient of countless humanitarian awards. She still had his handkerchief clutched in her hand. What kind of a monster would destroy your world and then offer you his hankie?
This illustrates just how Lois did kind of fall for Lex in the show so well. It's all just so unbelievable that Lex could want her, that he could love her, that he could hurt her... But also, that's just the sort of psychopath he is.

"There is nothing I wouldn't risk for you, Lois," he said as his eyes met hers. "Marry me and I'll rebuild the Planet as your wedding present."

Lois wasn't sure she was even breathing anymore but she could definitely feel her heart pounding as the truth became painfully clear. She continued to evenly meet Lex's gaze even as her brain screamed that he really had done it. He was exactly the monster that Superman and Clark said he was. Lex had destroyed the Planet simply to use it as leverage.
shock But also I'm not shocked because... (see above)

"No, Owen won't. My source will freak out if I show up with Cousin Lurch in tow."
Ha! laugh

The door squeaked but no alarm sounded. Lois stepped into the alley, quickly pushing the door shut behind her. She crept down to the end and took a peek around the corner. Owen was gone. She had only a minute, maybe less, before he'd come out the back looking for her.
Go, Lois, Go!!

A moment later Clark slid out to stand next to Perry. Lois blinked in disbelief, feeling as though her heart had stopped beating.

"Clark!" She launched herself at him and he caught her, spinning her in a hug as they both laughed.

AWWWWWWW! love

Lois picked up the pizza crust Clark had just set down and nibbled at it nervously.
Double Aawww!

Lois stared sullenly at the back of Clark's hand. She had missed Perry, but definitely not his annoying habit of always taking Clark's side. And she'd been right about Clark shifting into overprotective big brother mode the moment Lex's name came up. It was all the more irksome because Clark was right. He'd been right about Lex all along, damn him. Absence hadn't softened him at all; Clark was exactly the same. She was making an effort to be nicer so why couldn't he?
This little passage is adorable too. I never really thought about it before but I guess Perry does take "Clark's side" as she perceives it quite a bit. And also, you're only being nicer now Lois because you *like* him.

"Okay, let's make this quick. I know Clark is in love with someone who works at the Planet but he won't tell me who. Do any of you know who she is?"

For a very long moment no one spoke as all three men stared at her.

"Ahhh," Perry began before falling silent.

Jack began to laugh. "Are you serious?"
lol clap This is perfect! She gets two seconds while Clark's gone to talk about anything she wants and she picks up this thread again? lol And their reactions are spot on.

"Now, darlin', I think what we're all trying to say is that, if we had to make an educated guess, well, Clark seems to be sweet on you."
Awww. Good ol' Perry always puts it best. This fic has me bouncing between "Eww" at Lex and "Aww" at practically everything else.

Happiness began to bubble inside her like champagne; tiny little explosions of wonder and joy that Clark might actually be in love with her. She felt dizzy with the realization that she was in love with Clark. He'd said that when you were in love you just knew. Clark was right -- she knew. She knew it with every beat of her heart.
love smile1 Help me I'm melting!

"Okay, kids." Perry rejoined them, holding out key cards. "I was able to get us three rooms that are by each other. I'll take 506. Lois you can have 508, and we'll put Clark in 510."
Perry's gonna be scared spitless when he checks on Lois in the morning and realizes she's missing... Or hears a lot of ruckus with the mattress springs.

Lois blushed but continued to meet his eyes. "He told you, didn't he? Superman told you."

Too late he remembered that he wasn't supposed to know Lois had worn his Met Nets t-shirt as pajamas. Standing in a hotel hallway with Perry next door was probably the wrong place to admit the truth about Superman. He feigned confusion. "Told me what? I just thought you'd like something to sleep in."
Sure, Clark. Keep telling her that. She'll believe it.
LOIS: See if I tell that lying caped freak anything again!

Bad idea. He was tired -- and she was chicken.
Haha! Too cute. Also, that chicken outfit she wore at the Metro Club might ease her into the conversation... Just sayin'.

"This is my final guess. I promise I won't ever ask again after this one." There wouldn't be a need to ask because if she was wrong she'd die of embarrassment before morning. And if she was right? Oh god. Oh god! What if she was right?
Oh! I have stomach flutters for Lois' sake.

"Is it me?"

Dead silence.
I don't imagine Clark ever anticipated her straight up asking him.

After an eternity Clark quietly said, "Yes."

smile1

"So that's a yes, you're in love with me?"

He made a sound like a suppressed laugh. "Yes."

"Oh my god, that's so great! I'm in love with you, too!"
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! hyper jump love

"Wait! Don't say it back! I'm coming over."

She didn't wait for a reply. Lois dropped the phone in its cradle and raced to the door. She fumbled open the locks with shaking hands and rushed into the hallway. Only after she had knocked on the door of 510 did it occur to her that she wasn't wearing any pants.
Oh my gosh, this is so perfect. I love this whole interaction, this whole chapter, this whole fic... I can't wait to get to chapter 9 (hopefully tonight) and see how Lois gets to the bottom of this no-pants situation... angel-devil

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard