Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
S
FarmerBabe didn't want to create her own account so I'm posting this on her behalf. This is her first story.

A Scene Remembered

Shallowford
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, Lex. You snooze, you lose! clap Shallowford, tell FarmerBabe that this is a great first story! She captured Lois's attitude wonderfully. It's cute and waffy and fun.

I love Jimmy's costume. I can just picture him as a safari photographer. And Cat as an Egyptian queen. Yep. Any excuse to paint on clothing. I kept wondering how Clark was going to show up as and who Dracula was. (I was hoping it wasn't Clark, but he's cheesy line pretty much guaranteed that it wasn't.)

I'm so glad that Lois was in a playful mood when she saw Clark was following her lead on the retro anniversary costume. My favorite line:
"This is so Lois!", thought Jimmy, as cheers and wolf-calls sounded all around them. Lois and Clark didn't hear a thing. Lois was pretty sure the kiss in the picture hadn't lasted this long, but who cares, let it go on forever.
A great ending!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So cute! Kudos to the wifey wink

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congrats to FarmerBabe clap dance clap.

This was a great story...the set up, the costumes, how right the characters were represented, and especially the end--loved the visual of our sailor holding our nurse, bowing her down, kissing her thoroughly smile.

Hoping to see many more stories from your wife. Awesome job!

Thanks for sharing grin
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well done, FarmerBabe. That was clever creative license to use the line as the climax rather than the introduction. You set it up perfectly, and it's completely in character; I could see Lois and Clark getting into that situation. Glad to see Lois is smart enough to enjoy it, too.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
Kerth
A new author! That's definitely always welcome! I could absolutely picture that scene at the party, and the kiss with Lois and Clark substituted for the World War 2 couple. Great idea for this story prompt. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Features Writer
Features Writer
Delightful story! Love it! clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter

S
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
S

Yes, the very same one!

Shallowford
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great idea, Lois and Clark making a waffy salute to a fantastic moment caught in time. Nicely done story FarmerBabe!

Last edited by Morgana; 11/30/15 05:38 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome!

She'd even called Lex's office, but his assistant said that unfortunately he was out of town, and wouldn't be back for some time. So, Lex was avoiding her. She'd thought so, but this just confirmed it.
To be fair, she’s not working to the benefit of Lex’s orphanage. *And* she’s been categorized as ‘unlikely to put out’ so Lex has decided to look elsewhere.

Now and again Count Dracula'd ask her if she wanted to take his temperature. Lois smiled at him and he moved away, though if she were honest with herself she'd admit it was more of a grimace, or maybe a snarl; anyway, it made him keep leaving, and that was the point.
Maybe if she sprayed him with some holy water?

She had decided to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the end of World War II.
Peggy Carter?

Lois had, for a moment, thought about impersonating a society reporter, but wasn't sure she could bring herself to wear that much (er, little) spandex, or show that much skin.
rotflol

she didn't want Kat to think she envied her outfit, or her date, and besides, it looked like they were moving to the dance floor and Lois didn't want to see if those scraps of material stayed on when in motion or not.
laugh Maybe lots of glue underneath?

Yep, there was Jimmy with his camera, making his way as quick as possible to the dance floor: Jimmy leapt in where Lois feared to - well, burn her retinas, I guess.
laugh

Finally people moved away to mingle and Lois saw Jimmy, red in the face, coming toward her.
Oh?

She wanted the picture to to really jump out, make a poignant statement of the whole reason she dressed up as a 1940's nurse.
shock [Linked Image]

She looked away from Jimmy for a second and saw Tall Dark and Handsome moving toward her. She couldn't believe it - he was dressed as a WWII sailor! He gets it!
laugh

Without an introduction, without even so much as a word, she grabbed his arm as he passed and spun him around. Their eyes locked.

"Kiss me, quick!"
Oh, a recreation of the shot from Times Square?

Lois was pretty sure the kiss in the picture hadn't lasted this long, but who cares, let it go on forever.
laugh

What a fun debut! And an unexpected ending clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard