[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Source: Superman '86-'99

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
*Happy sigh*. Just a reminder about why the late 1980's and early 1990's are my favourite era of Superman comics.

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I definitely have to retrieve at least some of these comics! (I only own The Wedding Album so far) I wonder if they are available online...

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
If by "online" you mean free and legal, then no. If by "online" you mean downloadable for a fee, then most of them are available via DC's digital comics site. Keep in mind that in this era, stories typically continued across comics. So a story begun in, for example, Action Comics, might be continued in Superman Comics and then Adventures of Superman comics. If you only read one series of comics (e.g., Action Comics), you will be missing parts of the story. This is why, in that era, the triangle numbering system was developed. The first Superman-related comic published in each calendar year was given a triangle on the cover with the number "1" inside it. Subsequent comics would have subsequent numbers; they told you in what order to read the issues in order to be able to follow the stories.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
The Wedding Album, The Death and Life of Superman and The Death of Clark Kent are my favourite arcs.

Love this era.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
If by "online" you mean free and legal, then no. If by "online" you mean downloadable for a fee, then most of them are available via DC's digital comics site.

Yes, that's what I had in mind, more or less: I've already downloaded some stuff from the Apple iBook store, but I'm not sure if they have the whole catalogue, older issues included. I'll take a look at the DC site, too. Which takes me to the real issue here...
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Keep in mind that in this era, stories typically continued across comics. So a story begun in, for example, Action Comics, might be continued in Superman Comics and then Adventures of Superman comics. If you only read one series of comics (e.g., Action Comics), you will be missing parts of the story. This is why, in that era, the triangle numbering system was developed. The first Superman-related comic published in each calendar year was given a triangle on the cover with the number "1" inside it. Subsequent comics would have subsequent numbers; they told you in what order to read the issues in order to be able to follow the stories.

THIS!!! C'mon DC, why on Earth (and Krypton) did you have to make things so complicated?! One gets lost having to switch from a series to another in a such huge archive...thud
I guess I'll have to search the internet for some kind of reference chart to help me keep up with the continuity. grumble
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
The Wedding Album, The Death and Life of Superman and The Death of Clark Kent are my favourite arcs.

*Takes note*

Take you both for the info! smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for sharing. It's nice to see them being romantic in comic form. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
This ...

http://www.amazon.com/Death-Life-Su...&keywords=death+and+life+of+superman

is one of my favourite books, and the thing that linked me from Lois and Clark into to the comic books.

I was a MASSIVE LnC fan and it was maybe the third season ... and I saw this book in Cockermouth book shop while on holiday visiting some relatives in the Lake District. I wondered whether it was Superman, or trying to be 'metaphorical'. When I read the blurb and found out it was Superman I immediately bought it. I read it in ONE day. Soon after that I noticed (for the first time ever) a comic book shop, when I went back to University. I live in a town in the north of England and we have no such thing as comic book stores. I had no idea that anything like comics existed. I idly wondered if the comics hanging up in the window were what that novel had been based on. I wandered in, and the rest is history.

I am a Superman addict - in pretty much all shapes and forms.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
THIS!!! C'mon DC, why on Earth (and Krypton) did you have to make things so complicated?! One gets lost having to switch from a series to another in a such huge archive...thud
I guess I'll have to search the internet for some kind of reference chart to help me keep up with the continuity.

I have nearly all the comics from the 90's in order. If you need help with titles and numbers just let me know! I love these comics! Best decade of Lois & Clark comics. love

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I really need to find a way to scan my Mr. And Mrs Superman stories.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
I have nearly all the comics from the 90's in order. If you need help with titles and numbers just let me know! I love these comics! Best decade of Lois & Clark comics. love

Thank you Andreia! Very sweet of you smile

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard