Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here.

Sorry about leaving some things unresolved, but that is the nature of a prologue.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That made eighteen mouths to feed so they were actually cooking three turkeys. With four cooks it was going to be somewhat crowded in the kitchen so a division of labor was devised. One was an oven roast, one was going to be smoked and one was scheduled to be deep fried. The smoking and deep frying were going to be done out back and that was where Jonathan and Clark would be doing the cooking leaving Lois and Martha in the kitchen to make the oven roast, stuffing, sides and deserts. Martha was doing the turkey, stuffing and some pies in the oven while Lois worked on the vegetables.

Sounds like my uncle's house! Its always a crowd there during family gatherings.

"That's what I'm here for, to teach you," and he put an arm across Jon's shoulders and gave him a man hug. "You're doing just fine. You'll learn all the little tricks. It just takes time. Yeah, the fire truck should be here shortly. I guess we are finished here. We may as well go outside. I'll have to talk to the firemen."

It does take time to learn anything.

Hattie was flabbergasted and burst out with, "You what??"

"I kissed Kam-El! Can you believe it? Right on the mouth! Wow, he's a dreamboat."

Hattie was disgusted and muttered, "I keep missing him. This is the third or fourth time he's been seen and I haven't seen him yet!" Then she raised her tone and said, "And you got to kiss him!"

Amber could see that Hattie was bothered by her revelation and couldn't help rubbing it in as she reiterated, "Right on the mouth," in a somewhat dreamy tone.

Hattie was steamed, but Jon didn't let it ruin the day. With the help of JJ, he quickly brought her out of her dark mood.

Falls on the floor, laughing. Poor Hattie! She ALWAYS misses Kam-El!

Standing, Jonathan, as the senior man present, said, "Let us bless this food," and proceeded to pronounce the blessing before starting to carve one of the birds. As he did, he smiled and said, said, "You have a choice to make; we have three different birds …"

As family head he has that right.

He could sense that she was on the verge of breaking down, so taking her in his arms, he said, "Look, maybe the appearance in family court will help. We can only hope that it will and that they will be ordered into counseling."

Lois relented and slumped in his arms, "Yeah, you're right. I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

Only time will tell.

Thanks for writing a fic that will make all of us think. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
That made eighteen mouths to feed so they were actually cooking three turkeys. With four cooks it was going to be somewhat crowded in the kitchen so a division of labor was devised. One was an oven roast, one was going to be smoked and one was scheduled to be deep fried. The smoking and deep frying were going to be done out back and that was where Jonathan and Clark would be doing the cooking leaving Lois and Martha in the kitchen to make the oven roast, stuffing, sides and deserts. Martha was doing the turkey, stuffing and some pies in the oven while Lois worked on the vegetables.

Sounds like my uncle's house! It’s always a crowd there during family gatherings.

Like a lot of houses.

"That's what I'm here for, to teach you," and he put an arm across Jon's shoulders and gave him a man hug. "You're doing just fine. You'll learn all the little tricks. It just takes time. Yeah, the fire truck should be here shortly. I guess we are finished here. We may as well go outside. I'll have to talk to the firemen."

It does take time to learn anything.

Jon’s powers are still in the process of coming on. Fortunately he has Lois and Clark to teach him.

Hattie was flabbergasted and burst out with, "You what??"

"I kissed Kam-El! Can you believe it? Right on the mouth! Wow, he's a dreamboat."

Hattie was disgusted and muttered, "I keep missing him. This is the third or fourth time he's been seen and I haven't seen him yet!" Then she raised her tone and said, "And you got to kiss him!"

Amber could see that Hattie was bothered by her revelation and couldn't help rubbing it in as she reiterated, "Right on the mouth," in a somewhat dreamy tone.

Hattie was steamed, but Jon didn't let it ruin the day. With the help of JJ, he quickly brought her out of her dark mood.

Falls on the floor, laughing. Poor Hattie! She ALWAYS misses Kam-El!

Unfortunately for Hattie, that situation will continue to prevail for a while.

Standing, Jonathan, as the senior man present, said, "Let us bless this food," and proceeded to pronounce the blessing before starting to carve one of the birds. As he did, he smiled and said, said, "You have a choice to make; we have three different birds …"

As family head he has that right.

Jonathan is justifiably proud of his family and their friends.

He could sense that she was on the verge of breaking down, so taking her in his arms, he said, "Look, maybe the appearance in family court will help. We can only hope that it will and that they will be ordered into counseling."

Lois relented and slumped in his arms, "Yeah, you're right. I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

Only time will tell.

Thanks for writing a fic that will make all of us think. thumbsup

This is part one of a two part prologue. Part two will be posted at Christmas time. We will see more of the situation with Bud as it develops, then. The two prologues will lead up to a longer next-gen story.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard