OP Offline
Top Banana
For those who wanted the rest of the story. grin

This *is* my happily ever after.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thank you. I loved this second part, and the last line was perfect.

Incidentally was the turkey sandwich a nod to your posting date?

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
No, I wrote that longhand a couple of weeks ago. I did notice it when I typed it up today, though.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful, really great fun.

Now we have to see this couple invent Superman.

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
I love their connection in this story. Great take on an alt-beginning. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Like Lynn, I loved that closing line. smile

I was almost surprised that Lois didn't use the excuse that Lex could have someone watching her at the hotel to kiss him again. Not Clark because apparently he doesn't pressure her. wink

Sweet conclusion to your opening story. I'm glad it only took 6 weeks to bring down the house of Luthor and to get Perry to recognize that his star reporter was much happier with this certain partner. (Or it could have been Clark's writing ability.)

I, too, wondered if Superman existed in this alt-dimension, but it appears not. Thanks for the follow up!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
That was a perfect last line notworthy.

Awwww--I loved this. Such a fun Alt. Beginning story, I'm such a fan of those. This Lois and Clark are such a great fit for each other--you can really tell how easily they both know 'something' is there between them. I really enjoyed how Martha and Jonathan noticed it, too smile.

Great job!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 11/27/15 03:59 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, everyone. I intensionally left it ambiguous as to whether Lois even knows Clark's secret yet. But we all know that once the two of them are together, it's just a matter of time. I feel like inventing Superman has been done enough that we can all take it as read. This was a fun first line to work with, and of course it just begged for that last line. 😏 I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Loved the story. With the strong beginning you had I wasn't sure if you were going make it a short story or a novel.

Shallowford
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, Shallowford. There's not room in my life for novels these days, so I'm happy for short story inspiration when it comes. :-)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Last line was absolute perfection. It was great to read one of your stories again. This Lois and Clark are very sure of one another and where they want to be. Love it!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome story, just perfect! Thanks for writing it. smile

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
You're welcome. smile1

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oops, originally posted this in the story-thread by accident blush

hyper

It was creepy enough that he knew I’d bought the ticket since I never mentioned it to anyone, but once I realized that he’d sent someone onto my flight to follow me, I started wondering just how creepy he could get.
Think the alien from Alien, only much, much slimier.

I mean, I’ve suspected for a while that he’s pretty ruthless in his business affairs, but I’m not a business rival—just a woman with the effrontery to turn him down for a dinner date…and the ballet…and an art exhibit…or two.”
Sounds like she’s trying to score a mark, so…business?

There’s never anything you could pin on him directly, but between industrial accidents, apparent suicides, and unfortunate explosions, he leaves quite a wake.”
He probably owns a funeral home or two…

“So by the time I stepped off the plane, I’d worked myself up to wondering what kind of accident would happen to me if Lex found out the real reason for this trip, and I decided that if I saw even a semi-likely candidate, I’d try to fake a boyfriend.”
I guess that depends on whether he’d first like to meet her in a…personal manner.

“And you just played along?” Jonathan asked Clark. “Your didn’t realize who she was at first?”
CLARK: [Linked Image] This kind of thing happens to me a lot…

It would make our jobs pretty difficult if everyone we investigated knew what we looked like.”
/great… can’t find the billboard of The Hottest Team In Town right now…/

“Thank goodness,” Lois said. “If he’d kept following me, I would have had to cancel my meeting with my source.” Lois suddenly clamped her mouth closed and looked at Clark nervously. She developed a sudden interest in her rice pilaf.
laugh

“But if you need them, I have some pretty good contacts—FBI, White House, Congressional staffers.” At her frown, he hastened to add, “I’m not saying you need my help. I’m just letting you know you have a friend in this city—just in case you ever need one.”
Also: Look at me! I’m an alpha reporter. I can take care of my pride. You will be safe and cared for with me.

She came around from the passenger side and reached for the bag just before he did, with the result that her hand closed on the suitcase handle, and his hand closed over hers.
[Linked Image]

“Or professional colleagues,” he countered. “You have to admit we worked pretty well together at the airport.”

That earned a smile. “Yeah, we did.”
Did he just suggest they continue to ‘work’ like they did on the airport? And did she just agree?
LOIS: [Linked Image] I’m away from home for a weekend. Why shouldn’t I have a little adventure?

“I can’t believe I’m the only one who feels this connection. It would be terrible if we didn’t at least explore it and see where it might lead.
Translation: I’ve got a super-sized ceiling for us to explore.

“Amazing? Electrifying? Incredible?” he suggested.

“Terrifying,” she said quietly.
Oooh! Hormones!

“Why?” he replied as softly. “I think we could have a fantastic time together. I’d at least like the chance to find out.”
/spews water all over screen/ Clark!

“We wouldn’t have to be,” he countered. “What if I promise that if you want to see me again after our first date, I’ll fly up to Metropolis—as often as you like?”
All she’d have to do was scream *real* loud.

“I don’t know.” She frowned in thought. “You might get sick of the commute, and then you’d resent me for it.”
To be fair, he’d have to bring authentic Chinese food and authentic Italian food anyway, so it’s basically not that far out of the way.

Reaching for her hand, he stepped closer to her. “Lois, I don’t think I could ever get sick of you, or of doing whatever it takes to be near you.”
Oooh! And if she were to break up with him, he’d look her up or take her to a lonely island or something.
LOIS: *Me* breaking up with *him*? I thought I was the smart one here?

He pulled her suitcase out of the hatch and set it at her feet. He badly wanted to kiss her goodnight, but he refrained, not wanting to scare her off. “Goodnight, Lois. I’ll see you tomorrow.”
He could mention that the guy from the airport was back? Also, isn’t it suspicious that she got a hotel room under her own name instead of staying at her boyfriends?

“Kiss me, quick!” The words were a low, sexy murmur in Lois’s ear.
clap

He flipped back to the front and held the paper up so they could both admire the bold type that proclaimed the FALL OF THE HOUSE OF LUTHOR.
LEX: razz It took them much longer when they *weren’t* dating.

He smiled back at her. “Well, I was going to ask your opinion,” he said. “I don’t want to step on your toes or make you feel pressured in our personal relationship just because I moved to your city.”
I’m sure she’d tell him if he stepped on her toes.
LOIS: He’d notice the sudden cold front in his private life. I’m sure of that.
CAT: peep Fresh meat!

“Kiss me—slowly.”
Awwwwwwwwww! clap

Adorable conclusion!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This is a great story. I loved it.

John Pack Lambert
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Short but oh so sweet! Loved it!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard