Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Bravo, Lynn clap clap clap...I loved it!

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thank you both for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I'm normally a little shy about plugging my own stories, but in this instance, the story just seemed so appropriate to the discussion.

Joy,
Lynn

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Thank you both for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I'm normally a little shy about plugging my own stories, but in this instance, the story just seemed so appropriate to the discussion.

Joy,
Lynn

It was. I'll be making sure to read more of your stories after I'm done watching the show. Speaking of which.....

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.10 Stop The Presses.

Not bad. This episode was much better than the previous one, but that's not saying much. I found it interesting to see how a shift in their working relationship effected Lois & Clark's personal relationship. The episode lacked the humor of most, and I was disappointed that Eric Press didn't redeem himself at the end, as I was expecting him to. On the plus side, the acting of the main cast was good, especially Lane Smith as Perry.

5/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.11 Twas The Night Before Mxymas.

This was an insane episode. An imp creating a recursive temporal loop? Really? Really? NO!! BAD!! BAD SHOW, BAD!!! I know Mxy is taken from the comics, but that's no excuse. I mean they don't use Brainiac, but they use Mxykins? Unacceptable. I can't think of a single thing I liked about this episode besides the main cast's acting, which was good, but even so, nowhere near their nomal standard.

1/10.

Exactly half a season to go. I'm not sure if I should feel sad, or maybe happy given the quality of this final season.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 11/25/15 04:10 AM.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally Posted by Suggs_With_A_Box
I'll be making sure to read more of your stories after I'm done watching the show.
Cool. Thanks! smile

Joy,
Lynn

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I'll be making sure to read more of your stories after I'm done watching the show.
Cool. Thanks! smile

Joy,
Lynn

You're welcome.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
I would have posted this last night, but I couldn't access the forum for some reason.

4.12 Lethal Weapon.

A good episode, I enjoyed this one. It’s always fun to see the new effects of red kryptonite on Clark. The evil plot of Inspector... sorry, I mean Mister Gadget was quite good, though not very original, and the acting was great, especially by Leo from The West Wing the guy playing Mister Gadget. I felt really sad for Perry at the end. That last scene he was in was acted perfectly by Lane Smith. I really felt that this was man who had gone through the emotional ringer, and it was very written and acted wonderfully. It wasn’t at all overdone, but it was very sad, and most importantly, it was believable. I think Lane Smith was a gifted actor who deserved more credit than he got, and his performance here raises the score given to this episode, an episode which is a stand out of season 4 in a good way. I’m hoping for some more like this, because I’d like to see the show go out with some dignity.

8/10.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 12/01/15 10:35 PM.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.13 Sex, Lies & Videotape.

I thought this was a great episode, mainly because of the way it examined the consequences and the morality of Clark's lying about being two people. It was well acted, it was written perfectly for what it was aiming to be, and it showed exactly how difficult it must be to be a representative figure of morality, someone who kids and adults look up to, as many people would if Superman were real. Mini-highlights included the flying scenes which I thought were done especially well, and seeing the kid smile at the end when his faith in Superman was restored, but the mirror/heat vision diffusion of the bomb seemed a little stupid, so I'm knocking off a point for that.

8/10.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 11/26/15 11:54 PM.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
I forgot to add, I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.14 Meet John Doe.

A really good episode, this show has really gotten back it's former glory in these last few episodes. This episode was fun, especially seeing Tempus without Wells. His plan wasn't up to his usual standards however. It just seemed like he was making it up as he went along, a far cry from planning every detail and manipulating everyone in Tempus Anyone?. Having said that, the acting was good, the director did a great job, and the cliffhanger was almost perfect. I also thought the shrink/crazy guy twist before the intro sequence was really good too. I would have to say this is the best episode of the season so far, and I'm really looking forward to watching part 2.

9/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.15 Lois & Clarks.

What a disappointment this was after the last few episodes. Wells was back, damn him, and Alternate Clark not liking the same foods makes no sense since they would have the same taste buds. Not to mention the electric Tempus Think thing. Worst of all though was the flashback music video halfway through the episode. Having said all that, the acting was good on most people's parts, it was well directed, but disappointing for the reasons I stated above. A random thought: I think Wells had already helped to rescue Alt-Lois earlier in his personal timeline, based on his exit line and wink. Just my opinion though. Anyway, those are my thoughts on this episode, time to grade it now.

6/10.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 11/29/15 01:33 AM.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.16 AKA Superman.

Not a bad episode. Not great either, but not bad. It was very by the numbers though, so much so that I don't have much to say about it, other than how terrible and also out of character Jimmy was by lying to Penny.

5/10.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 12/05/15 03:22 AM.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.17 Faster Than A Speeding Vixen.

This was insane. A robot built by the phantom of the opera and Lex Luthor's son? Crazy. Also I thought the reveal of Leslie's parentage was handled badly. It could have been done a lot more dramatically. Why tell the audience now? We could have discovered it later on, with Lois & Clark. All the end needed to show was that Leslie and The Phantom Of The Opera were working together and that they built Vixen. I thought Lois' baby dream was weird, but funny. I look forward to seeing Lois & Clark stop Lex Jr, though not the follow up episodes featuring Lois, Clark, Jimmy & Perry on the unemployment line, even despite that creating funny banter between the four of them. Also, does anyone else get the feeling Stern was forced to sell the Daily Planet? Just a thought.

4/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.18 Shadow Of A Doubt.

Not a bad episode, at least not in comparison to the previous one. Forget next year's Batman V Superman, 1997 brings you Superman Vs The Vashta Nerada. OK, maybe not, but that would be cool, I'd pay good money to see that. Anyway, back on topic. Lois & Clark seemed a little off in the episode. In the last one, they were all over each other. In this, not even so much as a peck on the cheek. Bit odd.

At last, they're finally using the plot of Lex knowing The Secret. Too bad it's just that his son is finding out, I think they could have done more with it. Maybe play the tape to the whole world? It's what I would do if I were Lex Jr. I'd also send a sniper to Kansas, whilst keeping Clark busy in Metropolis. I wouldn't do that for real though, but I just think if I were as evil as these villains make out they are, and had Lex Jr's resources and supposed intelligence, and knew The Secret, I'd really waste no time making Clark suffer.

Other than the showmakers wanting the characters/ status quo for future episodes, I don't get why the villains never do anything like these ideas. It would certainly make them seem more evil. Ah well, just rambling, sorry. I'm looking forward to part 3 now.

6/10.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 12/06/15 06:04 PM.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by groobie
Let's see if you can pinpoint when Teri got pregnant and she and Dean had their falling out. You will notice their chemistry fizzling away, and you'll start to see how the actors, whose characters are now married, stop kissing each other. Really, such a shame. frown

Lois & Clark seemed a little off in the episode. In the last one, they were all over each other. In this, not even so much as a peck on the cheek. Bit odd.

TA-DAH! You got it!!! grin Now, let's not start again the Cain/Hatcher gossip thing, I can already feel Labrat's teeth in my calf... :P
At last, they're finally using the plot of Lex knowing The Secret. Too bad it's just that his son is finding out, I think they could have done more with it. Maybe play the tape to the whole world? It's what I would do if I were Lex Jr. I'd also send a sniper to Kansas, whilst keeping Clark busy in Metropolis. I wouldn't do that for real though, but I just think if I were as evil as these villains make out they are, and had Lex Jr's resources and supposed intelligence, and knew The Secret, I'd really waste no time making Clark suffer.

Gosh, you really have a talent for villainy... Have you ever thought about sending your resume to DC (or Marvel)?

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
OK, no problem. After all we did the Cain/Hatcher gossip thing before.

As for the villainy, I guess I could write it well, but actually doing it would be impossible for me because I am a good person, or at least I try to be. If I had a resume worth submitting, I would submit it to DC and/or Marvel. I don't think either would be too happy if they hired me though.

At Marvel, the One More Day deal? Reversed. Aunt May Parker? Dead. Thor and Mrs Skywalker? Never happened. Yoda Vs Venom? Coming to a comic book store near you.

As for DC, well Superman outed to the world as Clark Kent and the Kents killed as above, Alfred would be killed by the Joker who would know that Bruce Wayne is Batman, Wonder Woman would be trapped in the Phantom Zone for 2,000 years of subjective time and as for Lois Lane?

Lois would be transported to 70 years in the future by a villain that hasn't been made up yet, a kind of mix of Tempus and Zod, and she'd have to cope with adjusting to living in a new time with a Clark who just got his first grey hair. In other words, I'd shake it up a bit just for the sake of it. Probably a bad idea.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 12/06/15 10:33 PM.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.19 Voice From The Past.

This was definitely the best episode of this 3-parter. I enjoyed seeing fake Lex Jr redeem himself. It was good to see Luthor's legacy finally end. Most of all, it was nice to see Dr. Klien happy. Not much else to say. The acting was good, the direction OK, the writing was also not bad, but overall, despite having good ingredients, the finished product could have been a lot better, but I did enjoy it, so I can't complain.

7/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
I just realized that the next one is the one you were all saying is awful.....

Sam from Quantum Leap impression: Oh boy!!

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Also, exactly six months ago today was when I watched the Pilot and started this thread. Time (and Superman) flies.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 12/06/15 11:00 PM.
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard