Print Thread
#267489 11/22/15 02:01 AM
N
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
N
Place for comments!

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Why should Lois love Clark when he's treating her with such contempt? /looks around for green studded bat to bash Clark over the head with/ Of course, she still cares for Superman! She's not one who throws her heart around willy-nilly, even though it seemed that way when she agreed to marry Luthor after Superman turned her down.

I'm glad Clark finally stood up to Lois and threw her words back in her face. Too bad she didn't recognize his sarcasm. I wish he'd just tell Lois that she's not allowed to use her "instincts" until she recognizes his.

I liked Superman's quick-fix for capturing Ari Carlin and Lois's double. While not quite the awful action sequence from the original episode, it made a whole lot much more sense.

I still don't understand how being in a Kryptonite cage took away Clark's powers for 2 months, but being shot by Kryptonite, actually having it within his body even if for less than 5 minutes -- he was able to heal from immediately.

So, what's going to happen now that the case has been solved? Will they finally talk? /bites fingernails/ Or will their ambivalence break their partnership apart?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi,

I am glad Clark finally let go a bit of his frustration! I wish it went further, they really need to clear the air.
I am frustrated with Lois calling all the time on her instincts. I can understand that Clark doesn't feel like relying on it when she failed to see who Luthor really was, and that most of the time her instincts put her in danger! However it's what makes Lois the excellent reporter she is.

Their problem really comes from their lack of communication, and they are both responsible for it.
I empathize with Clark who doesn't feel capable yet to confront Lois, but at some point he has to stop to act a bit cowardly and confront her.

Virginia has a point about Lois' feeling towards Superman. Of course, she still has feelings for him. And Clark should understand it. It goes back to the usual dilemma about being upset about Lois' feeling and the fact that Clark voluntarily deceived her on making her believe that Clark and Superman are two different people. How could she be able to reconcile the two then?

I would have said Lois is the one who is gonna force them to finally talk, but she doesn't seem here to be more forthcoming than Clark! At this pace, it promised to be a long wait ... hopefully not.

Another interesting part, eagerly waiting for the next!

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
It seemed for a moment--when Lois honestly told Cark how she felt, that she wanted to talk to her best friend--that maybe, just maybe, a real conversation was going to occur. I was hoping, anyway wink.

Argh--I'm not sure who I am most frustrated with. Lois and her 'instincts'--which, from Clark's view, would be really irksome to keep hearing about (considering the mess of Lex/not listening to Clark about Lex). Or Clark--who is so closed off, it isn't possible FOR Lois to reach him.

I'm glad that Clark is trying to put himself first--mend his issues before jumpin right back into Lois-Mode...but--he's also, it seems, the main one driving them apart.

Laura (who is sorta missing her most of the time happy-go-lucky Clark character...)

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
N
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
N
Virginia, I so agree! And that whole two months vs. instantaneously thing bothered me too, but I was trying to strike a balance between the day he was without his powers after being exposed in Smallville vs. the cage when the show portrayed him back on his feet the next day or so. My thought process was that the cage was days of exposure vs. seconds and I figured he could build up a bit of tolerance. Glad you enjoyed the sorta fix for the ending of that episode--that action sequence drove me nuts! So did the whole "Clark just assumes there's no danger and lets Dr. Carlin shoot him/hit him with a car/etc." thing in the show. I tried to give him at least slightly more self-preservation than a gerbil smile

Communication is so key, isn't it? smile Well, Annalina, I have thought that once I actually finish writing, I'll up my posting to twice a week, which would make the wait feel shorter. But yeah, I think I said in one of my earlier posts, I believe fixing an ambivalent relationship takes becoming a different person in addition to actually apologizing for your part in creating it. Change takes time. Thanks for the encouragement!

Sorry, Laura. The real conversation happens, I promise! wink Yeah, Lois doth protest too much as far as her instincts go! I think it really shows how desperate she is to prove to herself that she still has 'em. And IMO, the other side of that sweet, easy-going type of character Clark has is to just shut down when they're really injured. So yeah... they're both annoying. Too bad you can't shake fictional characters, eh?

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard