Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Hi all

It's been weeks since my last update- RL got in the way.

I'm not convinced that I actually like this story, but I've written and rewritten it to the point where it's just driving me crazy.

Now on to Return of The Prankster...

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The one problem I have with Top Copy is that Clark is in love with Lois. He wants to date Lois. He has asked Lois out on a date and she has said 'yes', which means she's looking at him as more than a friend now too. AND THEN he willingly allows Diana Stride to kiss Superman! AND he doesn't think there's anything wrong with that! (i.e. he never feels guilty about the kiss, other than in the fact that it almost killed him.)

Personally, him almost dying is just desserts for treating his love for Lois in such a blaze`, take-it-or-leave-it manner. Maybe that's just me.

/steps off soapbox/

Feli, I love how Lois gives him strength to believe that he can survive, but if she knew CK=S, Lois would've pushed him out a window for acting in such a worse than lunkheaded manner. I would have liked to see him feel more guilty and have some remorse for kissing Diana, admitting that he was wrong to do so. The word stupid comes to mind for describing his actions. Jerk is another one. Am I the only one who doesn't understand what his motivation for accepting that kiss was? I don't accept: I'm a man and she was a willing woman. Clark's better than that! (okay, maybe I'm not quite off my soapbox.)

I know that you were working within the constraints of what was given to you and the Clark on the show didn't feel guilty about kissing Diana, that's not your fault. You were dealt a bad hand here.

This line is terrific:
I would never have guessed Diana Stride was an assassin for Intergang. But there she was, hiding in plain sight.
She's using Clark's strategy against him. Actually, this technique is used by many of the villains on this show, not just Lex and Diana. It makes Lois not seem quite so blind, after all.

Congrats on writing your own original novel! clap I wish you the best of luck and hope you're feeling better soon.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Yeah that's what gets me too, Virginia. He makes absolutely no attempt to prevent her kissing him and doesn't seem bothered about it. It's odd. The only thing I can come up with there is that he doesn't think it counts because it's Superman and not Clark... But even that is strange thinking.

As for villains in plain sight... I thought about writing about that aspect, but it just wasn't coming together.

Top Copy isn't one of my favourite episodes. Parts of it just seem off to me- the solution to Clark's kryptonite poisoning comes to mind. It does have some redeeming features though, Rolf always cracks me up. Maybe one day I'll attempt a rewrite smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think you did a great job, Feli. Lois giving Clark hope--I like that you centered on that.

TC isn't one of my favorite eps, either. The main reason is for the lack of development in L&C's relationship. Phoenix does amazing things...then you have TC and ROTP kinda just sitting in the way of progress before LL.

I've always been annoyed with the above issue enough that I never really have thought too much of Diana's kiss. But now that it's been mentioned, it's starting to irk me, too. Yeah--what is with that, Clark?!? Makes absolutely no sense when we know how much Clark loves Lois (and that TC is right around when dating stuff is happening).

I'll be scratching my head on that one for awhile now!

Good job with this piece, Feli. Will be curious to see what you do with ROTP.

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 11/23/15 03:54 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard