ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Please leave comments here ...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for explaining your absence and the arrival of Mrs. Clark. smile Wow, that's some backstory!

Things are certainly progressing quickly between Cedric and Lavinia. Now, that Lavinia has shared her secret with Cedric, he's going to feel extra guilty about not sharing his with her. It's probably for the best because telling her would only put her in danger (because she'd want to help). Then, again, NOT telling her will only mean she'll figure it out on her own by following him and she'll end up in even more danger (and so will he, once she gets her hands on him).

I was sure Lucius was going to walk in on their tryst and Cedric would end up in some dungeon. I don't know where Lucius would get a dungeon, but that seems like a good place for Lucius to throw him. Would Lucius be as supportive of Lavinia had she confided in him that she had been seduced (or almost so) by Claude. I'm thinking 'no'.

HAD she been seduced by Claude and able to keep it quiet? If so, that could be a serious smirch on a young lady's reputation and enough to ruin her honor for the rest of her life, if that was ever revealed (and not already married to a decent man who loved her, like Cedric).

Where shall our young lovers (people in love, that is) go from here?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Aww-some! clap This was the blast of romance I was waiting for. Like Virginia, going through the chapter I was biting my nails in anxiety, expecting the evil Lucius to appear out of the blue and interrupt the two lovebirds... But after reading I had heart-shaped eyes for like an hour! love A real emotional rollercoaster grin

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Thanks for explaining your absence and the arrival of Mrs. Clark. smile Wow, that's some backstory!

Ditto! smile

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
C
ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Thanks for the nice feedback. I read and appreciated it a couple of days ago, but I've had to have my Grandma hat lately. Got my writer's hat back on now, so ...

Wow, that's some backstory!
I do that level of detail for all my main characters. Normally, the bits I need just get woven into the story and the reader never sees most of it. For the way I work I have to know a lot in order to write convincingly about them, but I also do it because it's fun. So, for example, I had asked myself: why do Lavinia and her father speak such good English? Where would he, and then she, have learned it? And, then I just went on from there. One thing leads to another and ...! :-)
When you think about it we have even more backstory for Lois & Clark, only we call it episodes.
I was sure Lucius was going to walk in on their tryst and Cedric would end up in some dungeon.
That would have been awful, but cool! It wouldn't work here, though. The house isn't old enough to have a dungeon. Maybe my next story should be in a castle--plenty of places there for lots of cool stuff to happen!
HAD she been seduced by Claude and able to keep it quiet?
Short answer: no. Lavinia is a lady and still a maiden. I know she's a bit unconventional, but she's had an usual upbringing. She's been mistress of her father's house since she was 15, began running the chateau's estate when she was 19 and now at 24 she's had to escape deadly peril, leave her homeland and start a new life as a refugee in a new country.
When she met Claude, she was 19 and a bit naive. He was her first "crush" and she thought she was in love with him. While she was having fantasies about wedding gowns, having his children and growing old with him, he was busy looking down his nose at her English antecedents, and scheming how he could get his hands on anything valuable in Bernard's house that he could parlay into money for gambling. He was a first class selfish bounder, but not an evil seducer. She feels betrayed by his empty promises and also deeply hurt that someone she thought loved her was actually only interested in using her--in every sense of that word. That kind of thing can definitely rock a person's self-assurance.
I know that Lois slept with Claude in the show, but that was the late 20th century, not the late 18th century.
Where shall our young lovers (people in love, that is) go from here?
I'm going to post a couple more parts today, so we'll see. :-)

C
ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
This was the blast of romance I was waiting for.
Happy to oblige! I'm a sucker for romance myself. :-)

Like Virginia, going through the chapter I was biting my nails in anxiety, expecting the evil Lucius to appear out of the blue and interrupt the two lovebirds...
Sorry I scared you guys!
Something tells me we haven't heard the last of "the evil Lucius". ;-)
But after reading I had heart-shaped eyes for like an hour!

Awww! Thank you! Made my day! :-)

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwww...what a wonderful way to end the night on smile.

I really loved this--and was very happily suprised to see them confess their feelings in this chapter. Thrilled that it's 'out there' and that they've had some good conversation about how they feel.

Good for Lavinia. I'm glad she told Cedric about Claude and all the hurt that he caused her. Considering she has to put trust in Cedric now for a future together, it's great him knowing what she's been through.

I'm really curious when Cedric will tell Lavinia about his other duties. As smart and curious as Lavinia is, it might not be too long before she figures it out herself.

Will be looking forward to catching up wink...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard