#267360 11/13/15 12:10 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sorry for the wait, guys. I hope you enjoy! smile

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting. So, not only are they Lois and Clark from another dimension, they have also been transferred into the bodies from the Lois and Clark of THIS dimension! (Oh, I bet older Lois is have a blast back in her younger body... just saying, I know I would.)

I was afraid that this is what happened. Poor Lane. I'm glad Clark was there to clear things up for him. Although, I'm wondering why didn't Lane see Superman in his dad's face without the glasses? Is Superman around much in this dimension? Had he already retired? Had THIS dimension's Clark NEVER told Lois that HE'S Superman! thud lol Boy, I wouldn't want to be in Clark's shoes when Lois finds out.

LOIS: mad You... HE died! And yet, here you've been this whole time!

Yep. Clark would be a dead man.

Anyway, I'm glad Clark told Lane the truth, because it would be horrible to think that your mom cheated on your dad and had you and nobody had told you, but of course, they all knew. Definitely a sucky, weird day, Lane.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm beginning to suspect that in this dimension it is Lois with the super powers. She's the one that passed them down to Lane. But if that's the case, how did Clark float? And if Lois is super, how will she react when she finds herself floating or seeing through the wall?

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Nearsighted? What's with that? The rest of the story part unfolded in ways that I might have expected, but the nearsighted bit has thrown me for as much of a loop as Clark. And I'm intrigued by the fact that he is borrowing Lane's father's body, so to speak, rather than having simply swapped universes/times with him. (Were it not for the nearsighted part, I might have assumed that Clark's explanation to Lane was not the correct one.)

Could this be time, rather than universe, swapping, and could Clark/Superman's sight actually start degenerating when he was only perhaps 40 or so? (Yes, I know that younger people get nearsighted -- I myself started when I was about five or six -- but this is *Clark* we're talking about.)

Looking (with glasses) forward to part four. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh, plot twist and I love it! Clark's not so super here. Is Lois? Maybe UltraWoman is still around? Maybe some of Clark's powers were transferred to Lois and never got back into him?

Love this little twist you've thrown at us. I definitely didn't see that coming (pardon the pun!). More please!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmmm...this is getting really interesting! Now to figure out just exactly what is going on. Poor Lane. Excited for him to get some clarity.

Laura

Oh--by the way, really enjoyed the interaction between Clark and Lane. Well done smile.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

"Goodnight, Lois," Clark called.

"Goodnight, Clark," she called from the other side of the bedroom door.
laugh

The boy was sprawled over his bed, listening to some kind of jangling noise over a set of headphones.
LANE: It’s called music.
CLARK: No, it’s not.

Clark cautiously stepped further into the room. "Ah," he began, hesitantly, "don't tell Lois about this, but I think I can help you with your...shall we say...vision problems?"
LANE: I don’t have ‘vision’ problems. It’s not a problem that I can see girls naked!

Clark glanced outside the room one more time, then shut the door.
Why doesn’t he just super-listen and use x-ray vision?
CLARK: X-ray vision? While Lois is nearby? Are you *nuts*?

Lane wrapped his arms around his knees and drew himself into a little ball.
[Linked Image]

The boy nodded, and Clark thought he caught a sniffle. "She lied to me," Lane whispered.
His Momma? About loving his Father?

"I thought she and my dad loved each other," Lane continued
jawdrop I was right!

"Either she lied to both of us, or they both lied to me!
Oops?

He buried his face in his knees, and the ball became smaller.
[Linked Image]

Clark gaped at the boy, a stab going through his heart as he realized what Lane thought. "Lane," he murmured, coming over to put a hand on the boy's back, "it's not what you think! I promise."
On the plus side, he now knows that a) he needs to use protection and b) he should talk with his own little one before he’s 12.

"Maybe I don't really have the right to tell you this," Clark mused, "but I think it's something you really need to know. Just...please promise that you won't tell Lois."
LANE: So, my Momma doesn’t know either?
ALT-CLARK: [Linked Image] Let’s keep mum about that one.

"This is your father's body that I was transferred into," Clark said, reaching a hand up to his glasses,
Oh, soul switching.

"I'm--" Clark frowned as he suddenly noticed that the world was a little bit blurrier than it used to be. He squinted. "...nearsighted," he concluded.
jawdrop No way! Momma really is a bit of a slut! thud What? Unless they *did* switch universes and not just bodies and the powers got disabled somehow? But that doesn’t explain the nearsightedness. Unless…Wait a second…Did they ever check if it’s Superman or Ultra Woman in this universe?

"This isn't right," Clark mumbled, slipping them back on. "Just give me a second...ah!" With a grin, he tucked his legs under himself and floated three feet in the air.
confused Also, laugh

Lane stared, goggle-eyed. "Well," he said, "now this is also the *weirdest* day of my life."
clap

I shudder what happens when I get to part 6 today… I expect tears. Wailing. Bargaining. Begging.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Something is still confusing me. Clark clearly has some super powers. Even if the opening lines of part one didn't imply that he had super hearing and just that he overheard loud conversations, if he didn't have super hearing he would have noticed that by now. Also, he did float. So why is he near sighted?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
In canon we did see a case where someone blinded Superman, so evidently there are ways to impair his vision. So maybe that happened here.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard