Print Thread
#267270 11/08/15 01:49 AM
N
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
N
Place for comments!

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You've brought more meaning to these scenes in Madame Ex than the show's director did. Finally, I can picture why nobody, especially Clark, believed Lois when she said "It wasn't me!" I'm glad she has an ironclad (if illegal alibi) for the previous night. I hope that Clark overheard some of her conversation with Perry, as if she revealed these things to him they would be on better footing, but I'm guessing he didn't and his anger will drag on. frown I've always found it sad that even her best friends sided with a stranger (shrink) over Lois.

Perry's right in making them work together. That's the best way to clear the air. Apparently, avoiding each other isn't doing the trick.

Poor Clark that his powers didn't return in full until this moment! And then have his first rescue be criticized so harshly. Ouch! People can be rude though. Clark should know from his conversation with Lois the previous day (regarding the acrostic) that she still supports Superman, and would never join in at an anti-Superman rally.

I can't wait to see how quickly Clark will believe in Lois again or if he'll continue to doubt her. She really needs a friend and she seems to lost every one she has. I hope she given Dr. Friskin a call.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Wonderful, once again. With Clark fluctuating between love, hate and (faked) indifference, and with the media haunting her steps, Lois must be starting to feel as isolated as she was after Lex blew up the Planet. I also wonder whether Clark is going to believe her in this universe, and if not, will he see it as a fitting parallel of her refusal to believe him?

This is a beautiful story, and I can't wait to see where you take it!

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful job! Like Virginia stated, you've really brought so much into MX. It's never been an episode that I've particularly loved, but thanks to your writing, I appreciate it more.

In the original episode, while a bit strained, Clark was there for her. Cared for her. And still, it was a hard time for Lois. This universe, this Lois, has a lot more to deal with...most notably, not feeling the connection to her best friend. You've done a fantastic job of showing how much harder this life is--without Clark.

I'm really curious as to when things will open up between them. When they honestly talk. Hash things out. I'm hoping for some real conversation--about feelings, about the hurt of the last few months (on both sides).

I really have enjoyed this story--I'm so excited to see where it goes!
Laura smile

Last edited by LMA; 11/12/15 02:11 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
N
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
N
Thanks guys!! I really appreciate the comments smile It was a good, but long week this week, so it was nice to get on here and read that people are still following.

I've never been a huge fan either, Laura, in large part because I was so frustrated/annoyed/flabbergasted at the amount of shoving things under the rug they did. I almost felt like I couldn't quite track with MX because I didn't expect things to be back to status-quo with L&C. Very jarring. But if one is going to address all those lovely hidden issues, you kinda have to start here. Re-writing it made me like it better too smile

And I agree, Virginia! Until I dug a little into the situation, I was confused about why people would think she'd go anti-Superman considering what a staunch supporter she'd been from day one. And you so called it: they're stubborn people--they can drag things on 'til the cows come home wink

"Let me help. A hundred years or so from now, I believe, a famous novelist will write a classic using that theme. He'll recommend those three words even over I love you." JTK to EK (City on the Edge of Forever)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The story continues to grow and draw us as the readers in! MX was an episode that could have really explored the aftermath of Lois' aborted wedding, but many things were swept under the rug.

This give us a fresh perspective.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard