OP Offline
Pulitzer
Written and posted on my phone. smile

~•~
D
Blogger
Blogger
D
Interesting! I was pretty confused after reading part 1, but this part clarifies the situation nicely. I guess the universe swapping part is still a mystery smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL! Poor kid. His powers manifest and his parents have been kidnapped. Worst day indeed!

Poor Lois and Clark! Especially Clark. Having to deal with this while Lois isn't yet in the know.

More please!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Did the kid just learn that Clark suspects how he set things on fire? Have Lois and Clark told their son about his true heritage or have they kept him in the dark? If they kept him in the dark and he's learned that he can shoot laser beams from his eyes (like a certain hero his mom used to hang out with), no wonder this day sucks royally. He thinks that his mom cheated on his dad, AND they aren't there for him to confront and get answers from. Plus, this terrifying thing happened to him and he doesn't know what to do and his parents aren't there to reassure him. On top of all that, his mom naturally thinks his guilty. (Really, Lois, must you pick this moment to channel your father?) Then, he also learns his mom isn't the person he thinks she is (a strong witch with a b, more like it). Worst day ever, is an understatement.

I hope that Clark has a talk with the kid and gets him a pair of leaded glasses and reassures him everything will be all right, even if Lois isn't up to the task.

I can tell that Clark's excited about the prospect of having a son who's just like him. (I'm sure he'll try to not think too much on the fact that this kid is a product of him and Lois.) He's FINALLY not alone in the world.

If Lois brings up Lex again, I give Clark permission to smack her one. Or show her the old headlines where saying what a crook Lex Luthor was! Yeah. That second one will shut her up quicker. Nothing like proving Lois wrong. Especially if the article is written by none-other than herself, because then she can't argue with the results without being wrong either way. evil

I'm not sure how Asabi's involved in their time-travels or how they even know about his powers. Are we ever going to learn about what happened to this dimension's REAL Lois and Clark?

Exciting stuff!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, and imagine if Lane doesn't know about his dad's super-ness. And poor Clark spills the beans. I can't get the Friends episode where Chandler tells the kid he's adopted (when he and Monica ate getting adoption information from the kid's parents) out of my head!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Oh, and imagine if Lane doesn't know about his dad's super-ness. And poor Clark spills the beans. I can't get the Friends episode where Chandler tells the kid he's adopted (when he and Monica ate getting adoption information from the kid's parents) out of my head!
Good example! In this case, I think Clark SHOULD tell the son about his Dad, so that the son knows his mom didn't cheat on his father with Superman, and because Lane will know he has someone he can turn to and trust to answer questions. Otherwise, Clark will have to come to Lane as Superman to answer his questions which will cause more problems. As in, how Superman knows glasses will work to help with his vision problem if he doesn't wear glasses himself?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I'm hooked. Poor Lane: Having a new power kicking in, being suspended as a result (because he sure can't tell the teacher, "But I only looked at it and it caught fire"), and then finding out his parents are -- elsewhere -- for who knows how long. I hope that at least this wasn't the first power to manifest itself, and that he knows that he comes by these abilities honestly.

I wonder whether Clark will tell his Lois all, or whether he'll just let her think that her counterpart had had an affair with Superman (or, at best, had had sex with him before she married Clark). Assuming she doesn't figure things out on her own, those seem to me to be the only real options open to Clark. (I can't see him convincing here that their counterparts had an "open marriage" arrangement, or anything even kinkier.) None of those options would be the least bit appealing to him.

I'm intrigued. Do you have a posting schedule in mind?

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
Top Banana
Very nice. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the fdk, guys. smile There's no posting schedule as of yet, but I'll try not to be too long between updates. ^_^

~•~
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay--more story smile!

And poor, poor Lane. What-A-Day...

Really like this--looking forward to more,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

“Arson?!" Lois stared in open-mouthed shock at the young boy sitting between her and Clark.
CLARK JR.: help
CLARK SR: [Linked Image]
LOIS: Clark! Why aren’t you more angry?
CLARK SR: help
CLARK JR: confused

Even though this wasn't actually her son, she couldn't stop the anger and confusion that began to bubble up. "Why on earth would you--"
Oh boy, the poor boy.
TEMPUS: evil

"Did anyone see him do it?" Clark interrupted.
clap

Both Lois and the boy turned to stare at him, though the kid quickly returned his attention to the floor.
Afraid he’s going to set his ‘father’ on fire, now that he’s figured out his Momma cheated on his Father with Superman?

"It seems like circumstantial evidence to me, Mrs. Hirsch," Clark returned.

Lois repressed a snort. "It's good enough for you when Lex is involved," she muttered.
rotflol Can someone be in love with a story?

The principal's frown deepened. "Mr. Kent," she said crisply, "I know this isn't news that any parent ever wants to hear about their child, but turning a blind eye now will only set him up for more serious problems down the road."
Yes, like running around in public while wearing tights.

A muscle in Clark's jaw twitched. "I'm sure that this is just a misunderstanding," he said. "Just let us bring him home early today, and I guarantee you that everything will be sorted out by tomorrow." Lois stared at him as though he'd lost his mind.
LOIS: Glasses? Why on Earth are you getting him *GLASSES*?

The three of them quietly made their way to the jeep.
Okay, I’m guessing they’re still 26-ish. How old was Lois when she got knocked up by Superman?

The silence resumed for a while as Lois drove. She glanced over to see Clark sneaking peeks at Lane in the rearview mirror, an awestruck expression on his face. "Quit staring!" she hissed.
laugh

"Sorry," he whispered back. "It's just that he's...well...you know."
Superman’s lovechild?

"There is no way she's Lois Lane," Lois whispered, her face still trying to match the color of Superman's cape. "I would never have--"
Slept with a hick while visiting the heartland?

The boy hesitated on the threshold.
huh

"Ah, are you coming in?" Clark asked, nervously.

"Where are my parents?" the kid asked.
jawdrop No way!
LANE: Lois Lane is my mother. Superman is my father. Don’t you think I can figure it out when I’m being brought home by look alikes? Duh! So, You two clones? From the past? Alternate universe? You don’t *smell* like robots, so you can’t be some of Grampa’s inventions.

Clark nodded. "Do the names Asabi or Tempus mean anything to you?"
:cap: Wait, how does Clark know Tempus? Or that Asabi does Soul magic?

I promise you, we don't mean you any harm
LOIS: Dinner is ready!
LANE: You *said* you don’t mean me any harm…

and we'll do our best to get your real parents back to you as soon as we can."
LOIS: You bet we do!

Lane stared at him for a while, then sighed. "It's official," he said. "This is the worst day of my life."
[Linked Image] Finding out his mother shagged Superman and then that his mother and his father got swapped out. Priceless!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard