Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#267256 11/07/15 03:38 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
There will be a short epilogue coming in a few days, just to tie up the last of the loose ends!

Hope you all enjoy the long-awaited fluff! smile

Kerth
Kerth
What a wonderful conclusion to this story. Brava! clap I'm impressed beyond words with your talent.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm glad everything wasn't hunky-dory immediately and that you show that old fears still persist and take time to overcome. These are both broken souls helping each other heal, which takes time.

Yea! to Lois for convincing Clark to venture with her into the sunlight again.

They will be able to move forward and live again, if not the same as they had before the great "outing" of 1993. I'm glad that the Kents are back in Smallville and sorry to hear that they're still being plagued by nosy reporters / tabloids who want to hear their story.

What about James? Is he still traveling around or is he working in the same Foundation building where Lois works? Does the robot Superman venture out occasionally when Clark is out doing something (as himself) so that it wasn't just that one time when Clark and Superman were seen together?

Can't wait to see what your epilogue will bring! I'm glad, at least, that this possible future dystopia was able to get it's semi-happy ending. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a powerful story. To borrow a quote completely out of context: The only thing I want more is... more! I am definitely looking forward to the epilogue and wondering what will be in it: The visit at Clark's parents? Proposal? Wedding? Lois somehow back at the DP? (I think the others are far more likely possibilities than that last one.) Any or all of the above? Something else entirely?

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Love, love, love the chapter. (I would have done longer feedback, but I couldn't wait until the kids were asleep for the night to start reading, and wound up reading in sections throughout the day.)

I love that there's a slow, tentativeness to their new relationship. They love each other, but they still have so much to repair between them, and, especially in Lois' case, so much lingering guilt. They need time, they need to feel out each other still.

I hadn't thought much about how Clark would feel (maybe always feel) on the anniversary of the story. I love tha you included it.

I can't wait to see what you've cooked up in the epilogue. A proposal? A wedding? I doubt it's Lois back at the DP, though I wish she would. At first, I thought Clark's new place was going to be the house on Hyperion from canon.

As always, powerful and beautiful with phrases to swoon over!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
What a great ending! I love that you've taken the characters through these trials - that they don't magically reset themselves. That it's taken Clark time to get used to being Clark Kent again. The tentativeness of their relationship. It's wonderful to see the process and you've done such a great job with it.

Joan

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I just heard a word that is making me extremely happy: Epilogue! clap hyper dance

I loved this, Anti-K. So beautifully written, and also, so balanced of a take of their relationship. There is doubt, there is uncertainty in their lives. They both have concerns. They haven't forgotten. But, the biggie--they are living.

And I so enjoy that they are gaining strength from each other. Clark is so reassuring, so comforting, in his love for Lois. He understands that she needs to show/tell him she will be there for him, and he listens, lets her give that. And she pushes him, makes him 'see' the daylight. Encourages him that he can have a life, choose to live that life.

I'm excited that they are going to Smallville. That everyone seems to be healing from the last year, moving on, but choosing to move on together, not appart.

I'm very curious as to how this story will draw to a close--a proposal? grovel A wedding? grovel

And--Lois and Clark back at the Planet, working together? grovel

Like mentioned above, deep down, #3--working together, probably in my gut is the least likely. But I can't help but want that for them. They are better together, stronger together. They do work really well together. There seemed to be a sadness when Clark was at work...a bridge he wasn't able to cross because Lois wasn't there by his side. He seems to have the most sense of loss when he thinks about day to day, working, spending time at the office...alone.

I've really really loved this story, enjoyed this journey you've taken us on.

Looking forward to reading the end smile
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 11/18/15 07:29 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well written story! Extremely different.

It will take a very long time for these two people to grow beyond the tragic consequences of Lois' article. Yet if anyone can, it is these two

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So sorry it's been so long -- the holidays were great fun, but definitely didn't give me much time on the computer. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving as well (or just a great last week of November)! smile

Thanks so much for all your hard work on this one, groobie -- if the story's good, it's only because of all your advice and encouragement and appreciation! sloppy

I actually intended to finish on the last chapter, Virginia, but found that I couldn't just leave it there. Like you said, though, it couldn't just all be great right away; I wanted to be able to show at least a few snapshots of how they were making their way to a strong, lasting relationship (because as hard as this story was to write, there was no way I could write the novel-length story that would be needed to show the whole of their recovery!). It really is only a *semi*-happy ending, but hey, that's better than I was afraid I'd ever get to with this premise! smile

So glad you enjoyed it, Lynn. The epilogue is coming, but one warning: it is short!

Hey, slow amounts is probably the best way to read this story, DC -- it might get a little too depressing if read altogether! I hadn't originally meant to do the anniversary through Clark's view, but when I started the scene, he had his own things to say about it! sad

Thank you, scifiJoan! I really was tempted to have them 'reset' themselves, as you said, but it just wasn't possible. The process was much more real this way -- so glad you enjoyed it!

Whew, I'm relieved you were happy to hear about the epilogue, LMA; at the rate I was adding chapters to this story, I was afraid people would get frustrated and begin to think we'd never reach the end! smile I love what you said about there being doubt and uncertainty but they are living -- that's exactly what I was hoping people would get from this ending!

Thanks, Morgana! As always, you've been a great help as a beta-reader, and I appreciate how loyal you are, from my second L&C story to now -- even when you have to wait months for updates sometimes! love

Thank you, everyone! It's been a joy to go on this journey with you all!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard