Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
I hadn't been planning to respond to this challenge, but this bit of warped silliness sprang to mind, and I couldn't resist.

As always, all comments welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rotflol Well, THAT was certainly unexpected! Love the twist!

Last edited by VirginiaR; 11/06/15 02:57 PM. Reason: Definate articles gone AWOL

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
clap thumbsup

Perfect! Made me giggle a lot on a stressful morning, so bonus kudos to you. I wonder how Clark got turned into a frog...

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Top Banana
Top Banana
rotflol

Thank you, Lynn! This is exactly in the spirit of the first line challenge. The Cold and Blood challenge years ago inspired one about steak tartar. grin

This *is* my happily ever after.
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Maybe Lois should get herself turned into a frog, since they've had no luck getting Clark out of his frog-man suit! At least they'd be together again. :-)

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Virginia, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I guess it's like the Spanish Inquisition, in that nobody expects it.

Mouserocks, I hope your day got better. I'm delighted my story could give you a little pick-me-up.

I had thought about making it a true crossover with the "Once Upon a Time" series by using the phrase "The Dark One" instead of "the sorcerer," but I figured that if I did that, I might confuse some of my audience. Perhaps L&C were investigating Mr. Gold a little too closely? (If anyone wants a real L&C/OUaT crossover, I recommend AntiKryptonite's Strangers to This World.)

HappyGirl, That steak tartare story sounds interesting, and a definite twist from what one might expect of a "Cold and Blood" challenge.

Chris, let's just hope there are no clones nearby.

Thank you all for leaving feedback.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL! It's a good thing I wasn't drinking when I read this. My computer would have gotten a shower! Love it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Cool! A near-spew experience. Glad you enjoyed the story, DC.

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well...I was reading your story in bed tonight--along with a sound asleep, snoring (loudly) husband. I let out a cackle of a laugh as I got to the ending, the husband startled and stopped snoring, and now it's nice and quiet in here.

So...along with telling you thanks that I really enjoying your story, I also need to thank you for quieting the room for me.

Silence--much better smile. Time to read a bit more thumbsup.
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thank you, Laura, for sharing that story. I love that side effect of my writing, and I'm glad that it helped you to have a more peaceful evening. (Incidentally, I haven't counted words, but I think your feedback may be longer than my original vignette. smile )

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! A true Lynn! clap

"Kiss me quick!" Clark managed to communicate the message telepathically to Lois, who eagerly complied with the request.
Some honeymooning after New Krypton?

Unfortunately, it did not succeed in breaking the sorcerer's spell; Clark gave a disappointed croak and hopped sadly back onto the lily pad. They'd have to find their "Happily Ever After" some other way.
Oh. [Linked Image] Hopefully, not in a French restaurant.

rotflol

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Michael,

Oh. Hopefully, not in a French restaurant.

Well, Lois does think that Clark is delicious...

Thanks for the feedback. I especially love getting comments after I thought I'd already received all the responses a story was going to get. This was a nice Boxing Day gift.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You're welcome!

smile1 Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard