Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Please leave comments here ...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wait. What?

His father wouldn't have liked having his precious grandson pushed aside for his second son, but that's just what had happened. Lucius' face hardened briefly at the thought of how Cedric had enjoyed the status of favourite for so many years. Not so favourite now though, was he?
Lucius was the second son? Cedric was son to heir? Um... doesn't that make HIM the heir to the earldom? (That's what happened in Downton Abbey; when the Earl's heir died, his newborn son became the heir to the Earldom.) Lucius would only inherit the entail and the title if the heir hadn't had any sons. Cedric and EVERYONE else would know this, so it's not like Lucius could steal the earldom from Cedric unless Cedric wasn't a legitimate son to the late Earl's first son and heir.

Oh, what foreboding. What will happen two days hence? Has Lucius set a trap for the Avenger using the new groom? /stars biting fingernails/

I must say, I really don't like his conceited attitude towards Lavinia. I hope she breaks his heart... with her fist.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Lucius was the second son? Cedric was son to heir?
No, Cedric is the son of the 7th Earl's youngest son, Charles. There was John, then Lucius, then Charles.
Back in part 4 it says that Lucius is Cedric's only living uncle.
In part 6, when Lucius is showing Lavinia and her father the gallery, and Lavinia is standing in front of the little picture of Cedric with his mum and dad, Lucius says, "Oh, yes, that's my youngest brother, Charles."
When John died without issue, Lucius became the heir. If Lucius dies without issue, Cedric, as his father's only male child, will inherit the Earldom.
Hope this helps with this question.

What will happen two days hence?
/writer cackles gleefully/ "Wait and see!"
I must say, I really don't like his conceited attitude towards Lavinia.
I'm with you! He just assumes that she's his for the taking! We'll have to see what we can do about that. ;-)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by ChrisM
Lucius was the second son? Cedric was son to heir?
No, Cedric is the son of the 7th Earl's youngest son, Charles. There was John, then Lucius, then Charles.
Back in part 4 it says that Lucius is Cedric's only living uncle.
In part 6, when Lucius is showing Lavinia and her father the gallery, and Lavinia is standing in front of the little picture of Cedric with his mum and dad, Lucius says, "Oh, yes, that's my youngest brother, Charles."
When John died without issue, Lucius became the heir. If Lucius dies without issue, Cedric, as his father's only male child, will inherit the Earldom.
Hope this helps with this question.
Thanks for clarifying that. I missed (or didn't retain) those earlier details. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Sure thing ... no worries! It's not hard to miss stuff when we get these stories in bits and pieces over several days, or weeks. One reason I'm looking forward to plunging into some of the longer stories on the boards once the grandson gets bigger. I'll be able to read lots of parts ... one after another! <g>

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Caught up clap / mecry. Not sure how to feel about that? So excited for more--and being able to read right when you post it...BUT...it was really fun catching up, reading lots of posts right after the other grin.

Definite foreboding! eek. You really have put all the evil that makes Lex fun to hate into Lucius clap.

And I agree...how he sees Lavinia. Ugg--almost as a means to an end help.

But, Lavinia's a smart lady, knows (seemingly already) where her heart is, and I'm not too worried (yet? frown ) about her being swayed away from Cedric/MA.

Now, as for these sinister plans in a couple of days? I'm not sure what to think about that shock.

I think I'll just have to pace--constantly--till you post again...

Hurry, Please! Give us more grovel
Laura

Great job, Chris smile

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
C
ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Now, as for these sinister plans in a couple of days? I'm not sure what to think about that.
I think I'll just have to pace--constantly--till you post again...
Ah, yes ... Lucius' plans. I'd be worried, too! Just think whose soul we're dealing with here!
Hurry, Please! Give us more
"As you wish!" :-)

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! and a 'Princess Bride' quote to boot smile!

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard