Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#266920 10/30/15 10:59 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you, Virginia, for the challenge.

Feedback goes here. grin

Last edited by LabRat; 12/16/15 04:17 PM.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Top Banana
Top Banana
You can't leave it there!! What a wonderfully creative story line. I at least want to hear the story behind her "life threatening" situation and of course how she gets Clark to Metropolis and The Daily Planet. This story has MUCH promise.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Brava! While I'm content with the story as it stands, I would certainly not object to finding out the rest of the story (as Paul Harvey used to say). Lois is apparently doing some undercover investigating, but how would her safety hinge upon whether she had a boyfriend at the airport? What cover story did she tell the organization she infiltrated? Your story is leaving me with lots of questions -- but not in a bad way.

I'm glad to see you posting some new stories. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by HappyGirl
Thank you, Virginia, for the challenge.
Um... you're welcome [Linked Image] but aren't you the one to suggest this First Line Challenge? Yes, although I must admit, reading through those Elvis song titles stirred my inspiration as well.

clap This was a terrific tale! What a great way for Lois and Clark to meet! I was beginning to wonder why Clark was at the airport (thankfully, NOT to meet Lana).

I love the reaction from Martha and Jonathan and how they just went with the flow! Very enjoyable!

My guess, is that Lois had been dating Lex Luthor, but something happened making her suspicious of his activities, so she broke it off. However, Lex wouldn't take 'no' for an answer, so she told him that she got back together with an ex-boyfriend living in DC (or met someone else who just happened to live in DC). She really was meeting a source in DC to tell her information about Luthor bribing congressmen and needed another excuse for heading to the city than "I'm investigating you!" when he asked.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Lovely and inspired story.

May I join the chorus clamoring for a sequel? (Love me tender?)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, this is interesting... It would be nice to read a sequel smile

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Ooh, Virginia! You were right about Lex, but I hadn't thought of the congressman angle. Can I have it? Just in case I find the time to steal Lara's title idea?

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful. I love it, and while it can stand by itself and leave the reader to create their own continuation it would be great to see more.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Kerth
Kerth
Haha, this was awesome! I totally didn't see that twist coming at the end. Martha and Jonathon's reactions were great too! clap clap clap Fantastic job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
RL is a bear, but honestly, you gotta finish this!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lex is a definite possibility. But needing prove her excuse why she went to DC when she spots a tail definitely.

Blogger
Blogger
I was definitely thinking that she was running from Lex. I'm with the others. I like this as a one-shot but I am also curious for where you would take it.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by HappyGirl
Ooh, Virginia! You were right about Lex, but I hadn't thought of the congressman angle. Can I have it? Just in case I find the time to steal Lara's title idea?
I give it willingly. There's no need to chance Superman's attention with any larceny. Or was that the point?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Fabulous story! I was right there in the moment, immediately drawn into the scene. I'm a sucker for good alt-beginning stories. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I agree with Groobie. Immediately drawn in. I'd definitely be interested in reading more.

I'm always amazed at how much is conveyed and how quickly in a well-written short story. The reader starts with absolutely no idea what they are about to read (well, except here) and the author has to simultaneously grab their interest, provide context and introduce characters--and make it interesting enough that the reader will go on to paragraph 2.

Shallowford
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you all for the encouragement. Part two is in the works.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! There’s another one!
“Kiss me, quick!”

Clark barely registered the whispered words
So, undercover work?
LOIS: Did he just call me an under-the-covers worker? cat

He raised his hands to the strange woman’s shoulders in order to disentangle her from him,
Wait, what now?

she kept her face rear his,
[Linked Image] While it sure is funnier this way…

“I won’t. Just show me how I can help.”
By kissing her, I believe.
Some time later…
DAILY PLANET HEADLINE: The Damsel Phenomenon — Are Men Really That Easy?

The roving eyes settled on a man in a grey business suit who was studying the flight information display
Government suit or mobster suit?

As she spoke, she looked rapidly back and forth between Clark’s eyes and the man at the display, who’d been staring at the same column of listings without moving a muscle the whole time they’d been talking.
Looking at the reflection of her?

Clark nodded his head very slightly to let her know he got her drift.
CLARK: She wants me to take her back to my hotel room and show me a good time.

He was about to ask her about her luggage when a familiar voice reminded him why he had been standing there in the arrival area to begin with. “Clark?!”
Uh-oh. Is it blonde? Strawberry blonde with a Kansan twang?

Clark and the woman both took a quick step back and turned toward the source of the voice. “Mom! Dad!”
Okay, so a tad older than I expected.

Turning to his astonished parents, he said, “Mom, Dad, I’d like you to meet—“
Lucy! Lucy Lane.

“Lois Lane. It’s such a pleasure to meet you both.”
So, Clark’s not a reporter, then, given how he’s not fainting right now?

Throwing another meaningful look at Clark, she added, “We’ll enjoy the chance to get to know you.”
I’m sure Clark will, too.

“’It’s me, sir,’” he quoted. “’The boyfriend is real. He met her at the airport. First name Clark. Yes, sir, I’ll be on the next shuttle back.’”
Sir? Boyfriend? While it could be anybody, I’m thinking Nigel, or at least a suited Lex goon.

Thank you! What can I do to repay you?”
Stay with him? Payment in kind is always an option after that kiss.

Her hand stopped moving and her eyes narrowed. “Clark Kent,” she echoed, recognition obviously dawning, “of the Washington Post?”
Ah… That’s why he didn’t faint at meeting his idol. She’s competition.

At his answering grin, she exclaimed, “You beat me out for a Kerth last year!”
Uh-oh. help So much for nookie.

“Well,” Lois said, “at least let me take the three of you to dinner and give you the whole story. Off the record, of course.”
shock

(1/1...for now)
‘for now’? This has potential! [Linked Image]

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Michael, you crack me up. And thanks for the proofreading catch. There will be a part two eventually. We've got a house full of sickies at the moment.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was going to put my vote in for a Part 2, and am thrilled to hear that sometime there will be. Woo-hoo! smile

I LOVED this, completely. You created such a random, but perfect, way for them to meet. Kissing before they even know each other. Sorta working together, before they even both know the common cause. So much fun--and so WAFFy to see that oh-so-immediate interest/attraction.

Like Groobie mentioned, I too am a big fan of AU stories. To see that, regardless of the situation, Lois and Clark really do belong together smile.

Great job!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 11/02/15 04:12 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you, Laura! Something tells me that Clark may have to remind Lois of how well they worked together right from the start. Good insight. grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard