Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Please leave comments here ...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So many sweet moments in this part.

His back was to her, but his voice was as expressive of his state of mind as his face would have been. There was tiredness at the edge of it, yes, but beyond that were happiness, curiosity, wonder and amusement. She smiled to herself--how could she have ever thought him dull?
Awww! Cedric is showing Lavinia behind his dull mask.

"Perhaps, monsieur," she replied softly.

"Perhaps ... I could show you it ... someday ...." His voice died away, along with his courage, for she was looking at him so strangely he didn't dare go on.

She heard the tremor in his voice as he spoke and realised he was nervous. Most men she'd encountered were very sure of themselves and of their abilities where the weaker sex was concerned. Cedric's own uncle, the Earl, had been no exception to this, taking her attraction to him as a given and, just this evening in fact, beginning to act as if there were, already, an understanding between them.

Lavinia, unsure in her own mind as to what she should do about the Earl's manner towards her, found this hesitancy on Cedric's part reassuring, and very appealing.
Very appealing! Lucius's confidence was tipping over into arrogance.

As their fingers touched, the teasing atmosphere seemed to fade away, and they were left staring into one another's eyes, momentarily forgetting what they'd intended to do. That touch, which should have been so casual, or even insignificant, was anything but and they both knew it. It felt so natural and yet so charged with intriguing undercurrents, familiar and yet unknown, inevitable and at the same time unexpected.
Oh, dear. Cedric has once again stolen another heart away from the Avenger. What shall he do? wink

She felt his hand tremble slightly as he pulled her into the step, and she smiled reassuringly up at him. All thoughts of her father, Lucius, the guests downstairs, even the chill of the room, were forgotten as they took that first step together, surrounded by the things he loved--gifts from an adored grandfather--and it was as if the old Earl himself were smiling down upon them.
Awww. A blessing from beyond the grave. How sweet.

How long with Lavinia and Cedric get away with avoiding the party without Lucius noticing? Not very much longer, I fear.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
I appreciate the nice comments!
You mentioned:
How long with Lavinia and Cedric get away with avoiding the party without Lucius noticing? Not very much longer, I fear.
You're absolutely correct! But our girl, Lavinia, is clever enough to handle Lucius, as we'll see in the next part. ;-)

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
They are magnetic together! You can really feel the electricity, the air is charged. I love that Lavinia likes that Cedric is himself--nervous, figuring this all out as it is happening. And I really like that she can see right through Lucius' showmanship, to the low-life he is smile.

Awesome!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
C
ChrisM Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
C
They are magnetic together! You can really feel the electricity, the air is charged.
Oh, good! Glad that came across. Their love, in any time or place, is completely magnetic, isn't it?

And I really like that she can see right through Lucius' showmanship, to the low-life he is
I keep asking myself, "how low can he go?" And he never disappoints. devil

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard