Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you to Lynn for the challenge thread and Annie B. for the title idea. You woke up my muse after a long nap.

I was home with my sick son today, and this is the result.

You know what to do. grin

This *is* my happily ever after.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Awww.. How sweet. And she didn't even need to run away to Australia! Though rumour has it that they have terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days there, too. (In case you couldn't tell, that was one of my favourite books growing up, and thinking about it still brings a smile to my face when I am having one of *those* days.)

I'm glad Annie and I were able to give your muse a wake-up call. Now that she's awake,by all means ask her for more

I wish your son a rapid recovery.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Awww! I'm a sucker for stories where Lois turns to Clark for comfort. This was wonderfully WAFFy. thumbsup

So glad you're back! clap

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Kerth
Kerth
“The villain is vanquished, my lady,” he said with a smile and a courtly bow.
rotflol bwaaaahaaahaaa

And Clark. Oh, how she would love a hug from her friend right now!
Aaaawwwwwwww! love WAFF!

“Of course I came,” he said, smiling down at her. “You needed me.”
AAAAAAAWWWWWWW! love love WAFF!!!!

What a wonderfully romantic story! Loved it!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Oh, yay! They liked it! Thank you all for the warm welcome back. This one just popped out at me from the list because, as we all know, Clark is the antidote to even the worst day. grin

Groobie, thank you for laughing at Clark's corny joke. Your sense of humor is obviously better that Lois's. goofy

I'm glad I could inspire a few Awwws in your day. One can never have to many, after all. love

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, you definitely gave me a few 'awwws' as I wrap up my night smile.

Completely wonderful, so much fun to read. I loved how Clark decided to give Lois what she wanted--Clark--right as he was there as Superman. He made it happen. And we know he was wanting that night to be with Lois...in all the ways that Superman can't as he was 'rescuing' her. The resulting happy ending, to a very bad day, was perfect smile.

Hope to read more from you soon!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very sweet. We've all had bad days like that and wish they could end so nicely.

I'm a bit surprised that Superman didn't spend a minute with Clark in Kansas and explain what was going on before he kidnapped him and left him on Lois's doorstep. Then, again, Clark's a smart fellow, perhaps he figured it out all on his own. wink

Poor Lois, to get a wasp sting when all one wanted to do was collapse and have the misery end.

Just then his hearing kicked in, tuned to a familiar voice. “That’s it! You are dead meat, buster! Just because I left the window cracked does not give you the right to invade my home. You picked the wrong place and the wrong girl, and definitely the wrong day, and now you’re going to get it!”

Not waiting to x-ray her apartment, Clark changed direction and rocketed to Lois’s rescue. As he pulled the window wider, he heard a thwack and a crash, then Lois let out a scream and a “Son of a—Where did you go? Come back here, you—“

Clark landed directly in front of Lois and quickly surveyed the scene. Lois stared at him wide-eyed, a kitchen towel in one hand and an angry red welt beginning to rise on the back of the other. A puddle of water was spreading around the shards of glass that were the remnants of Lois’s coffee pot. The coffee machine itself lay on the floor in the middle of the mess. A fast scan of the apartment revealed Lois’s bag and a pair of pumps on the floor near her front door and an open pizza box on her kitchen table next to a paper towel, which acted as a plate for one of the pizza slices. A paperback book lay on the floor at the bottom of a small waterfall of cream soda that trickled off the table. There was, however, no sign of an intruder.
rotflol rotflol rotflol Too funny, especially since we were in the know.

He turned back to Lois. “The villain is vanquished, my lady,” he said with a smile and a courtly bow.

But Lois didn’t smile at his corny joke. To his consternation, he saw her face begin to crumple before she bit her lip and took a ragged breath, obviously trying to hold back tears.

Clark frowned and stepped closer to her, the hand actually grasping her shoulder this time. “Lois? What’s the matter?” She blinked at him once or twice, but didn’t answer.
Oh, dear. Lois is past humor, or perchance she just did not expect it from these quarters.

She wouldn’t cry. She wouldn’t. Especially not in front of Superman. There was nothing to cry about, anyway. It had just been a bad day. A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, that was all. She could really use a hot bath and a good night’s sleep. And Clark. Oh, how she would love a hug from her friend right now! But Clark wasn’t here, and he wouldn’t be there tomorrow, either, so she’d have to muddle through without him.
Awwwww. And YES HE IS!!!!

Superman’s deep voice rumbled down at her. “Here, Lois,” he said, leading her to the living room.
See!

She shrugged and added with a wry half-smile, “Not unless you can make Clark magically appear.”
Has that partner of yours gone off and gotten himself killed, AGAIN?! /cue eye-roll from Superman/

Then she saw his reflection in the darkened window. He met her eyes in the glass, and she new.
Pssst. [Linked Image] knew.

“Oh, Clark!” she breathed. “I love you so much! It was such a rotten day, and by the end of it, all I wanted was you.”

He kissed her again, tenderly this time, and held her close.

“Well, here I am, and I always will be, for as long as you want me.”

“That could be a very long time,” she warned him.

She heard his sigh in her ear as he hugged her even closer. “I sure hope so,” was all he said.
Such sweetness. Terrific ending. Loved it! clap

Thank you for this smile. I hope your son is feeling better.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Laura, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I'll keep trolling through the challenge threads and see what else the muse comes up with. grin

Virginia, thank you for the detailed feedback. It's always encouraging when readers have exactly the reaction you were hoping for. And thanks for the proofreading catch. smile

My son must be okay, since he tried to argue that he was well enough to go to the McDonald's Playland last night. Sadly, if you don't go to school, you can't go to McDonald's either. In any case, he's back in school this morning. :-)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hooray! party HappyGirl is back. This story was short, sweet and the perfect way to end the day.

Can we expect more stories in the future?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It ended up not being so terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. grin In truth, it was perfect! hyper Very good story, sweet and WAFFy! love

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you, Ultra Woman and Morgana, for the kind words.

Morgana, I'm putting one more up right now, and then we'll see. RL is too unpredictable for long sagas, but I'm having fun dipping my toe in with one-shots.

C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Very sweet story. That book was one of my kids' favorites so we read it a lot! (I probably still have quite a bit of it memorized. ;-)) I'm looking forward to reading it to my new grandson, when he gets a bit older.

I enjoyed the LNC spin on it. Nice touch that Lois wants Clark over Superman. I have to agree with her on that. Thanks for sharing! Glad your son is doing better.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Happy! Great to see you’re back!
It began with the alarm clock—the one that Lois opened bleary eyes to find blinking at her: 12:00, 12:00, 12:00.
Oops? But hey, at least it’s not 12:01 laugh

She was due to meet him in—she glanced at her watch—twenty-five minutes!
I’m liking the fast pace!

She managed the feat without tripping down the stairs, but not without smearing her hands, legs, and skirt with wet tree debris.
Oh boy. If she isn’t careful, she’ll soon end up looking like she did that one time she took her spa day at the MSRF.

where she had to pick up a dozen bagels and an order of blintzes
[…]
Bobby took the bag and looked into it. “Two, four, eight…” he muttered. Then he gave Lois a sharp look. “There are twelve bagels in here. Saul’s sells them by the baker’s dozen.” He held out his hand in a “fork it over” gesture.
rotflol

her coffee had been cold every time she’d reached for it, and, she thought miserably, she really, really missed Clark.
[Linked Image] No wonder she’s missing Clark!

She looked up to see a huge, ugly wasp hovering six inches above her soda can, then landing on the lip of its opening.

It was the last straw.
peep

Just then his hearing kicked in, tuned to a familiar voice. “That’s it! You are dead meat, buster! Just because I left the window cracked does not give you the right to invade my home. You picked the wrong place and the wrong girl, and definitely the wrong day, and now you’re going to get it!”
rotflol Nicely done!

Not waiting to x-ray her apartment, Clark changed direction and rocketed to Lois’s rescue.
*Her* rescue?
CLARK: Killing an intruder in your home is still a felony in Metropolis!

He crossed to the table, cupped the offending insect in his hands, and released it out the window, closing the window-latch behind it.

He turned back to Lois. “The villain is vanquished, my lady,” he said with a smile and a courtly bow.
shock
CLAKR: confused Superman doesn’t kill!

Trying not to get her hopes up, Lois forced herself to walk calmly to the door and look through the peep-hole. He did! He had!
Looks like it’s a good day, after all!

“Oh, honey! I’m sorry!” He picked up her hand and kissed the stung spot. “Better?” he asked.
shock thud

Swiftly, he came to stand in front of her and gathered her to him. “Hey, it’s okay,” he soothed. “It was just a bad day. Tomorrow will be better.” One hand came up to stroke her hair. “Don’t cry, sweetheart.”
help

“Oh, Clark!” she breathed. “I love you so much! It was such a rotten day, and by the end of it, all I wanted was you.”
Oh my. Had he known that sooner…

“Well, here I am, and I always will be, for as long as you want me.”

“That could be a very long time,” she warned him.
At least until he scoops her.
LOIS: See? Very long time laugh
SUPERMAN: [Linked Image]

Cute one! Lots of happy feelings! smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you, Michael! Your feedback always makes me laugh. I'm glad you enjoyed it. grin

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard